Congrats To..... Lordelph

Stuey

It is really great that this scripting is back, but one thing, at least in my set up, is still not working, and that is that unread posts are not in bold.

Is it something I have done? I know that the order in which the scripts are listed does have an effect.

Any help here, please?

Answered my own question. Geocaching Forum Tools should be at the top of the list.

Around December, there was an update to GM that broke the script again. It manifests itself by appearing to no longer ignore or watch new threads. This is because it can no longer update the GCForumList.

To fix it, look for the win.saveList function around line 53 and change it to:

win.saveList=function()
{
var strData=win.rows;
window.setTimeout( function() { GM_setValue('GCForumList',strData) }, 0);
};

.....I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to remove any posts from someone in your ignore list.

I have been working on this for a few days now and am not making any headway........

Did you, or anyone else, make any progess with this GeoBain?

Yes. You can remove any threads started by someone in your ignore list using their user id by going to around line 234 and change

if(topic_user==user_id)

to

if(topic_user=="274898" || topic_user=="1789240") // ignore user by adding his or her user id

I'm pretty sure there is a better way of doing that, but I didn't see where you are supposed to supply the variable user_id.

If you want to remove posts by people you have put on your ignore list, I posted instructions for a script I made for that.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=184659

Edited by GeoBain