Disney World Waypoints Or Maps?

Ice Tres

Does anyone know of any decent maps with rides, bathrooms etc. on it of Disney World? Or at least does anyone know of any waypoint collection of these p.o.i.?

I do see that a place called StoneMaps does make a Garmin-compatible map for Disney Land in CA.

Thanks for any tips.

Ice Tres

Thanks for the replies so far.

Ideally, I'd love to get a series of waypoints or a mapsource map of all the rides, restrooms, water, etc. because I'm going there with 3 kids, ages 2, 5 and 7. I'm surprised that they don't seem to be available. You'd think one of those competing guide books would hit on the idea of listing coordinates or having a www site with waypoint downloads. City Select 7 doesn't show any individual attractions.

Oh well. Maybe something will turn up.

Ice Tres

Oh well. Maybe something will turn up.

Ice Tres

Ok Ice Tres, I did a search and came up with a good answer for you! Go to this link Disney World Coords. The person offering these waypoints simply asked this of any users:

If you use my collection of Disney World GPS coordinates let me know if you liked them or if they were useful.

And if you want to copy & host these files on your website, all I ask is that you give me credit and put a link to my blog.

Scroll down his page about 1/3 to find the list of files he offers below:

Microsoft Pocket Streets

Geocaching (LOC)

Magellan-Serial

Garmin-PCX5 (.gar)

Garmin Mapsource

Geocaching Database

Ozi Explorer

Microsoft Streets & Trips

.CSV file (can import into Notepad, Excel, etc.)

I grabbed the Garmin Mapsource file, but had to change the file extension from ".map" to Garmin's ".gdb" and it opened just fine and in the right place. I then exported this file to a .gpx file and opened it in Google Earth to verify them over good aerial photos. I think you have your solution!

As someone brand spanking new to all this I first have to say thanks to everyone who shares "fixes." I imagine that's a big part of the fun once you know about this stuff.

There needs to be a "new" instruction manual pulled from all these threads to inform us newbies just how many different things are possible and how many different ways they can be done. It's really over whelming. Fun/great but overwhelming. Have the time I read something thazt sounds cool but I really don't understand what it's doing!.

Thanks everybody.

Anybody have any experience with that Stonemaps product. As huge DW fans it certainly looks attractive. At least it would offer entertainment value to those around us pointing and asking "what are they looking at?"

Does anyone know of any decent maps with rides, bathrooms etc. on it of Disney World? Or at least does anyone know of any waypoint collection of these p.o.i.?

I do see that a place called StoneMaps does make a Garmin-compatible map for Disney Land in CA.

Thanks for any tips.

Ice Tres

I'm not sure if you were looking for original maps from things at disney world or just something online.

but i do have some schematics for sale on ebay, they are for the ride at epcot Journey to Your Imagination.

here is a link to the items on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?c...&category0=

let me know if you are interested or know anyone who is

Thanks for any tips.

Ice Tres

OpenStreetMap has Disneyworld at this link:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=28.41922...;layers=B000FTF

You may be able to download a routable map of the area here:

http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php

I just downloaded the routable map and loaded it into MapSource. Some of the footways look a little wierd. Like they go across a pond. So use some discretion if you use it.

Edited by seldom_sn