Let's Shoot Lazyboy

Lazyboy & Mitey Mite

Just be sure you set it up as a Geocaching event and not a PaintBall Event. Way back in June of 2002, I set up an event cache in conjunction with the Ham Radio Field Day. I wanted the amateur radio operators to learn about Geocaching. I called it Pse QSL and had two caches for them to find. It was approved but later

disapproved because they said it was a Field Day Event and not a Geocaching event.

You could make it a 5 X 5 and let people dodge the paintballs as they look for

the caches. Just Kidding.

Good luck. Dick, W7WT

Just be sure you set it up as a Geocaching event and not a PaintBall Event. Way back in June of 2002, I set up an event cache in conjunction with the Ham Radio Field Day. I wanted the amateur radio operators to learn about Geocaching. I called it Pse QSL and had two caches for them to find. It was approved but later

disapproved because they said it was a Field Day Event and not a Geocaching event.

You could make it a 5 X 5 and let people dodge the paintballs as they look for

the caches. Just Kidding.

Good luck. Dick, W7WT

Well a pizza party is a eating thing more than geocaching so I'm not sure why those get approved. It'd be paintball of course but you couldn't find the paint party without a gps. I wonder if this will be approved or not. I'd hate to spend the time to put it together just to find out I didn't cross a t or something.

You could make it a 5  X 5 and let people dodge the paintballs as they look for

the caches.  Just Kidding.

Good luck. Dick, W7WT

Well a pizza party is a eating thing more than geocaching so I'm not sure why those get approved. It'd be paintball of course but you couldn't find the paint party without a gps. I wonder if this will be approved or not. I'd hate to spend the time to put it together just to find out I didn't cross a t or something.

I thought the concept of a Pizza event was that you'd get together and talk about geocaching. And of course, place a micro on a lamp post just outside the restaurant when it is over :)

There probably wouldn't be much geo-talk at a paintball event. Figure out a way to add a geo-element to the activity and I bet they approve it.

Good idea. Add an element. Well part of it would be using a gps to find the paintball portion but I suppose I could come up with more than that. Any suggestins?

Maybe make it like capture the flag and you have the flag coordinates... adds an element of geocaching... just put the flags in a container with a logbook... any flags captured must have a coresponding log

Honestly I figured with a titles like "Let's Shoot LazyBoy" it could end up being the highest attended event ever.

It would be if we had real guns

Real guns? Hey this paintball thing isn't like hunting deer or something cause the deer don't shoot back.

usually

"lets shoot LazyBoy" + real guns = large turnout :)

Jeremy might even show up, a few approvers, some forum admins (and probably not just gc.com either), your ex wife, and a host of others.

I suppose paintball will be fun enough... I heard rumor that some long retired geocachers might even show up

I suppose paintball will be fun enough... I heard rumor that some long retired geocachers might even show up

They'd regret it. :D

Well the next paintball game is scheduled too soon to try to turn it into a gc.com event. I had thought about hiding a "cache" of paintballs on the field somewhere and of course locating it by gps coordinates. Each team would have a gps or cacher with a gps and maybe that'd be a good way to add a little spice to a paintball event and of course add a little spice to a caching event.

Still too late, maybe in the spring we can figure something out.