'ignore' Feature.. How Do I Get It To Work?

PamelaJune

HI... I just upgraded to a premium membership, and I'm trying to figure out how the elusive "ignore' feature works. We don't like microcaches, and would rather not see them in searches.. looked everywhere, and while there are several references to the effect that you CAN enable this setting, I can't quite seem to figure out HOW to do it! Any help would be greatly appreciated.. thank you in advance.

Pamela

You can set that up in your Pocket Queries.

I'm incapable of doing the Puzzle caches, for the most part, so I check all the cache types except that type in my PQs.

You could set up a couple of PQs, one for no Micros, and another for Micros only.

Then, if you use GSAK, you could keep those in different databases and occasionally peruse the Micros to see if any are located in more interesting areas (Terrain of 2 or higher) than parking lots.

I've found some fun micros out in the back country including this guy:

AlsCache1.jpg

A common trend in San Diego is to place an ammo can with a nice hike, then place several micros or small caches along the trail. Those micros can be fun and provide a nice rest stop on some of the steeper hikes.

The PQs can help you weed out the 1/1 micros which tend to be the urban ones you probably want to avoid.

Stunod Posted: Oct 21 2005, 02:00 PM

On the top right hand corner of each cache page is a button that says "IGNORE LISTING"

That's the first step. Then, when you search for Caches use the Advanced Search feature. Then check the Exclude hidden/found items from results box. This will also filter out Ignored Caches from the Search Index of Caches.