Error Trying To Complete An Adoption

kschu

I recieved two e-mails this morning each saying that the current owner as invited me to adopt a cache. I had contacted the owner yesterday offering to adopt these two. They are moving out of the area and had offered several of their caches for adoption. I adopted one of their last week. This morning, when I try to acknowledge the adoption being offered, I get an Exception error as follows:

Cannot find table 0.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Cannot find table 0.

I would be happy to provide additional details if needed. I have tried this a few times now over a period of about 20 mins. Always get the same error.

Just had an adoption request sent to me. I'm getting the same problem. If its going to be sorted on Monday (today), I guess I won't have to wait long. It'll be evening in the US by now won't it.

(Requested to adopt GCHTNF You can see the pub from here)

Regards,

adambro

Nearly 9am in Seattle, 5pm in the UK, not good this timezone lark is it? Any estimate as to when the adoption form will be working please?

Thanks,

adambro

If your request is *that* time-sensitive, try the old fashioned way and write to the contact address, requesting a manual transfer. In my experience with dozens of adoptions the old fashioned way, these are nearly always accomplished on a same-day basis.

There is no real urgency with the adoption request just want to get it done. Was just reflecting on the fact that as I'm thinking about going home, the guys over at Groundspeak in the US will only just be starting work. Keep up the good work guys! :laughing:

adambro

If your request is *that* time-sensitive, try the old fashioned way and write to the contact address, requesting a manual transfer.  In my experience with dozens of adoptions the old fashioned way, these are nearly always accomplished on a same-day basis.

The only time sensitivity is that the e-mails you get from auto-adoption says the following:

If you wish to decline the adoption request there is no need to respond.

This implies there is a time limit they will stay in your adopton que before reverting back to the owner having to go through inputting all the data again for the adoption. If this time is 2 weeks, this probably isn't a problem. If the time is 1 week, we're getting close. Since I couldn't find the answer anywhere (and it's not been responded too in this thread), I'm slightly worried. That being said, I'm all for waiting and that's what I'll do.

I appreciate the work they're doing and more so that Jermey keeps updating. That's very nice of him and something many places wouldn't do!

Since I don't think this needs a new topic... It appears there is now an error on the creating an adoption scheme. When I put in the GC code for one of my caches I get an "You have not been asked to adopt this listing." even though it's mine. Basically, I don't think people can adopt out caches this way right now...

One that was sent to me.  I'll assume it worked from the other end also.  :)

You know what assuming does... :)

It worked there also.

If it didn't and was in both of our stats at the same time, then we would have found the solution to the question of mutliple owners of a cache?

As far as yours, make sure the offer is still valid. The owner could have accidentaly retracted the adoption offer.

It worked there also.

If it didn't and was in both of our stats at the same time, then we would have found the solution to the question of mutliple owners of a cache?

As far as yours, make sure the offer is still valid. The owner could have accidentaly retracted the adoption offer.

No, I've adopted most of the caches I want. The problem isn't accepting adopted caches, it's setting up caches to be adopted.

Try adopting out a cache to someone else (even yourself works). You'll get an error saying you can't adopt out a cache even though it's yours to adopt out.

Interesting.

After the site is fixed and up and running, we can test if you like. Send me a cache to adaopt and if it works, I will send it right back.

I doubt anything will work at the moment. Everytime I try to login to the Geocaching side it burps.

That's the whole point... it won't left me put in an adoption request. When it comes back up, try sending me one. I can't get it to work on my end.

I noticed this as I was looking into the adoption request issue. I'm currently working on the page and I'm also going to add the functionality for travel bug adoptions. Everything is testing well locally so I should have something pushed to geocaching.com tomorrow. I'd publish it tonight but I hate to release code and head home.

(edit: some redundancy)

Edited by Jeremy
The problem isn't accepting adopted caches, it's setting up caches to be adopted.

I am having this same problem. I enter a cache I own in order to put it up for adoption and I get the message "You have not been asked to adopt that cache"

I suspect that when the adoption acceptance function was fixed, the adopt offer function got broken. Adoptions that were already in the queue went through, making it appear that the adoption offer was working.