2005 South African Tb Race To Cape Town

Africard

The Race is currently in it's last stages and most Racing TB's should be making a dash to the Final cache.

The Race rankings and Update page will be updated more frequently to aid weekend cachers in logging their weekend movements...

We are sure to see some really great racing action and all participants are glad to see the Capetonian cachers dashing around to get the numbers right.

TB Stealth Racer has not yet been located, although being placed in a cache....

Two reported MIA and one TB finished thus far - Dan Dolphin.

Have a look at the updated stats, as well as the rankings - At this stage The Race is still open to be won by any of the TB's!

Edited by Africard

Some serious changes in the rankings: TB TUFULA moved up to 3rd. Two TB's are within 5km radius of the final cache. The tB's have travelled 14 257km in total since the start of The Race!, covering on average 1 782km each.

:rolleyes: TB Stealth Racer has been reported MIA. This TB was picked up by a foreign cacher, promising to place before leaving our shores. A friend supposedly placed this TB in Time for Tea, :blink: , but two cachers have reported it MIA. It would be such a shame as this TB was less than 3km from the final cache. If any cacher spots this TB, please inform me so that we can update. I have contacted the last cacher, and are hoping that he would respond with a contact number for the geomuggle currently holding the TB, or at least let us know in which cache the TB really landed :ph34r: . It would really be a sad day if 3 TB's would be lost in a race of eight.

Remember that The Race is not finished until the TB makes a visit to the final cache, before or on December 31, 2005. Until such time TB Dan Dolphin, who is currently in the USA(!!!), will remain the leader!

To all The Race participants and spectators:

:D I am currntly on leave and unable to update The Race until Mo 21 Nov. :D I am keeping an eye open to see if any of the competitors finished, but will be spending most of my time paragliding, kitesurfing, fishing and if the weather permits on the beach...having G&T for breakfast :D , beers and braais :D , sipping Pina Coladas ;) ...you get the picture.

Pleae keep up the good work...

Hi guys...I'm back at the salt mines....Soutcoast weather was great for caching, but alas have not yet received my new GPSr (remember it fell of the roof in a freak accident....)....will update as soon as I worked through my 2350 emails (not joking, luckily only about 400 work related)...At least "they" miss me when I'm gone...

Edited by Africard

Here follows the latest: TB Voice Of Africa moved up 1 position to 4th on the rankings, kicking out TB The Globe Trotter (MIA).

I :anibad: 've given up on the cacher that took TB Stealth Racer, and handed it to a geomuggle to "place" in Time for Tea (a cache it never arrived at) and added TB stealth Racer to the MIA list. A tadpole picked up TB Paper Kings, and never logged it out :blink: (email sent, no response yet). It would be a sad day for if this TB also went MIA, as at one stage it was only 1.6km from the end cache!

If TB Paper Kings does not show up quick, there is only 3 TB left in The Race - TB TUFULA, Voice Of Africa and Star Light.

<_< TB's have travelled a total of 14 338km, visited 94 caches (62 unique), with 36 cachers participating in The race. GlobalRat aided TB's to travel 5103km, and also lead with the longest lift (1264km, Voice Of Africa). Whostops, the owner of TB TUFULA, assisted TB's with 9 lifts! Most visited caches were Hilldrop View, KZN TB Hotel and Noon Gun with 4 racing participants each! <_<

The average TB spend 19 days in a cache, and takes 7 days to reach the next.

326 Days has past since The Race started and thus only 39 days remain for TB's to complete The Race :ph34r:

Keep up the good work!

The Race is entering its last month! Yeah guys, only 31 days left for the TB's to reach the Final Cache!!!

Three TB's are reported MIA, one TB was picked up and not logged out, nor reacting on a mail I sent...

That means that currently only 3 active participant remains.

The current leader, TB Dan Dophin is galavanting the USA, and finished The Race ages ago!

Interesting four weeks lying ahead...

The only TB assisted in achieving goal (The Final Cache) in the last two weeks was TB Voice Of Africa!! This move did not change the rankings, but surely might influence the outcome...

With 3 TB's definately out of The Race, one still unaccounted for (TB Paper Kings who disappeared from Table Top Trove, only 1.4km from the final cache!), only three TB's seems to be in the running! Silly Season is not helping...

With only 22 days left in this race, we surely hope that the participants owners are lobbying to get their TB's to the final cache!

TB Dan Dolphin is still leading - he finished way back on the 5 June and is currently touring the USA.

Prepping for the 2006 race should be finalised - if you have not yet entered / got your bugs to the start, contact GlobalRat immediately!

Edited by Africard

No movements or changes since the last update (with the exception of the number of racing days left - 12)!

There will be no more updates until the last day of The Race, any TB that moved prior to that will be given a chance to get logged, all TB's that made it to the Final Cache will be verified, and only then will the winner be declared - keep an eye open in the forums, the winner will be annouced in a new thread. Alternatively, go the the update page for the announcement!