I've Found Caches In All 50 States And Dc

CraigInCT

I clicked off West Virginia yesterday and my map of America is all red. I doubt that I am the first to do this. But I do wonder how many preceded me. Now that its done, I'm ready to move from novice to intermediate.

On my journey, I had an afternoon and morning in which I could not get a find in West Virginia - 0 of 5. I remember, in my frustration, asking out loud, "What have I done to offend the gods?"

Planning my return, I found the 6 Caching Gods are in West Virgina and they have clues to find Mount Cachopolis. As I stood on top of this peak (?), having 7 finds in Wheeling, WV, I realized that I could not have found a more appropriate ending to my quest.

Check out my geocoin, TBJKPV, named All 50 States, that I used to log most of my finds. If you google Earth this coin, it looks like a few are out of order.

Before yesterdays completion, I'd already begun planning my next quest to find caches in all 51 nations in Europe. I've just received a new EU coin that will be used to track those finds.

CiC :blink:

Congratulations. My wife and I have yet to visit all 50 states much less find caches in all 50. There are a lot of states we have visited before there was geocaching. We still have to visit Alaska, Hawaii and North Dakota. Good luck on your next goal. We would have to get passports before we try to go to Europe.

That’s fantastic!

And I noticed that it only took you 7 months.

I’ll be lucky to match that accomplishment in 7 years!!

(Right after I win the lottery that is.)

I’m glad that my tribute to the ‘Caching Gods’ was suitable for your final adventure!

Now take a well deserved rest. (At least until the well documented itch to hunt again kicks in!)

Very nice indeed! Congrats!!!

That’s fantastic!

And I noticed that it only took you 7 months. 

I’ll be lucky to match that accomplishment in 7 years!!

(Right after I win the lottery that is.)

I’m glad that my tribute to the ‘Caching Gods’ was suitable for your final adventure!Very nice indeed!  Congrats!!!

I've been caching for just over 7 months.

I did all 50 states it in just over 3 months. If you take out the month lost while my car was in the shop it was really fast

Your caches were very good compared to the 'easy' ones in the southeastern WV that stumped me.

Thanks!!!

Edited by CraigInCT
I clicked off West Virginia yesterday and my map of America is all red.

You made the whole country Republican! Thanks!

;)

Yeah. Thanks. Thanks a LOT. ;)

As for your great accomplishment, congratulations, well done! ;)

Here, I fixed it. ;)

87be865e-a5cd-4bfb-b10a-d9c676e83741.jpg

Oh, and Congratulations. I am envious of all your travels . . . :mad:

How much $$$ did this cost. Just curious. Rough estimate is all I'm looking for. You said you drove all this? How many miles too?

This bug (TBJKPV) lists 22,259 total miles of which at least 10,500 I drove. I didn't track the miles driven for the new england states, which was done separately from the trek around the country. I think total cost was between 5 and 6 grand (gas, hotels, airfare, food...) Not bad for a two month vacation,really.

Something I would like to do also. I've missed getting a cache in one state that I've visited since I started caching... (plan on fixing that mistake over Christmas week....) but after I retire a year from now traveling, revisiting every state, and caching in each one is a personal objective.

Wow I thought this topic was dead.

Upcoming plans:

Numbers runs in both Jacksonville and Nashville. I gotta learn how to employ this pda / paperless approach before hitting ther highway

A couple European caching trips.

Geowoodstock cuatro

Get a job ;)

---

btw, my first signed log was in West Houston, GCAB6D, on a visit to my aunt and her clan.

Edited by CraigInCT