San Diego County – Kache Kharma Hall Of Fame

PassingWind

San Diego County – Kache Kharma Hall of Fame

Have you ever sharpened a pencil, left a spare logbook, replaced a container, dried out a wet cache, adopted an archived cache, etc. etc. etc. ??

You should be recognized!

This thread with track caches that need maintenance and the geocachers who voluntarily assist with cache maintenance.

ef4c9f1b-1fa5-46c5-bc67-bb42cd8a0a79.jpg

Hi Gang,

Any of you get down to Southern Baja region around the East Cape or Cabo San Lucas on a regular basis. I'm looking for some help maintaining a cache at a very cool "secret waterfall". Any interest or suggestions on how to search for some help?

Thanks, Nuroman ;)

Edited by Nuroman
Hi Gang,

Any of you get down to Southern Baja region around the East Cape or Cabo San Lucas on a regular basis. I'm looking for some help maintaining a cache at a very cool "secret waterfall". Any interest or suggestions on how to search for some help?

Thanks, Nuroman :mad:

Check the Baja nomads site, someone there should be able to help you out.

Hopefully my selfish motives won't completely swallow any altruism involved...  I sort of did the same thing for "Old Glory" Fletcher Point Peak once, only to have the next group find both my replacement and the actual cache (coords were off by quite a margin).  D'oh!

That's called "dropping a cache" when you can't find the original and can't bear to log a DNF.

"My, look what I found! It sure looks like the cache. Funny that it looks so familiar " :lol:

;););) Well, since we're all tooting our own horn here.......

We left an ammo can up at High Point Lookout Tower gc631 to replace the worn out tupperware cache. This cache is one of the oldest in the county. It was placed on 04/07/01. ;);):D

The Splashes

I believe Chuy and I should get kudos for suggesting it! :cry:;):D:lol::lol::lol:

B)  :P  :)  Well, since we're all tooting our own horn here.......

We left an ammo can up at High Point Lookout Tower gc631 to replace the worn out tupperware cache. This cache is one of the oldest in the county. It was placed on 04/07/01.  :D  B)  :P

The Splashes

I believe Chuy and I should get kudos for suggesting it! :);)B)B):D:P

:):)B)B)

KUDOS !!!!!!!!!!

:)

Toby's Gang 10/31/05

#14 My Tree, My View

This cache vanished in the Cedar Fire. New cache container and log

Thanks!!

Having any luck getting the ownership of these caches transfered to different people? It would be nice if the ones on this trail lasted till I could find them. B) I didn't even know this trail exsisted until after I started caching. I hope to hike each part of it at some point.

Someone deserves kudos fer findin' an' replacin' th' Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache #9 (I think) today - I just don't know who!  Patcher self on the back!  :D

Thank you ever-so much for looking after SCCC #9. That hide has had similar problems before. It is gratifying to know that local Geocachers will be so nice.

Same deal on replacing the missing container at Buckman Springs rest area. I always looked after that cache.

Besides, it saved me a trip.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Someone deserves kudos fer findin' an' replacin' th' Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache #9 (I think) today - I just don't know who!  Patcher self on the back!  :D

Thank you ever-so much for looking after SCCC #9. That hide has had similar problems before. It is gratifying to know that local Geocachers will be so nice.

Same deal on replacing the missing container at Buckman Springs rest area. I always looked after that cache.

Besides, it saved me a trip.

Harmon

I didn't think anyone replaced the log? I thought PassingWind finally found the cache buried in the dirt and we just put it back where it should have been (especially since I saw him find it).

Hopefully I can get around to logging my finds tonight but it looks like I may have to wait till later due to family not getting out of my house. :D

I didn't think anyone replaced the log? I thought PassingWind finally found the cache buried in the dirt and we just put it back where it should have been (especially since I saw him find it).

Since B.R.A. was there I thought I'd dig for bones......but I found the missing cache instead :D

Time to get some San Diego geocachers on this list!

Top 1000 Geocachers based on Caches Found or Geocachers with Over 100 Caches Hidden

I see quite a few San Diego cachers on the list already, and more to follow, I'm sure. I also noticed that the stats are off. It seems that cache hides are not always counted. I guess I'll have to stop hiding caches, since they don't count. :P

Time to get some San Diego geocachers on this list!

Top 1000 Geocachers based on Caches Found or Geocachers with Over 100 Caches Hidden

I see quite a few San Diego cachers on the list already, and more to follow, I'm sure. I also noticed that the stats are off. It seems that cache hides are not always counted. I guess I'll have to stop hiding caches, since they don't count. :D

We are on that list.

49 Splashes

98 $kimmer

122 Duncan

177 Team Gecko

187 Flagman

229 Ruscal

246 Chuy

The totals aren't updated everyday and I think these are done by hand~Yikes!

Giant job for that guy. ;)B)

-ette

Ok, how's this for Cache Karma?

I nominate John of J&J to the hall of fame for coming out and saving my butt when I got stuck on a hill doing Poway Cave cache last night!

Thanks again John. :huh:

(Although I heard through the grapevine that Jess was upset with him since I am now still in the hunt for FTF's!) B)

Disclaimer - I did this mainly so I could log the find. :lol:

I went out looking for Mass Cache and couldn't find it, even with the hint. I called RLCSpeaker, who lives about a mile away and had already found. He confirmed that it was AWOL. I replaced it with a cammoed Altoids tin. I don't ask for thanks, the smiley is enough. ;)