Bookmark Lists On Cache Pages Are A Bad Idea

cezanne

Probably the best way is to take a wait and see approach and deal with it when it happens. No need to overreact to a currently nonexisting issue.

I am starting to become angry - I am sure you are not able to decide whether the lists you listed contain spoiler information. I never talked about spoilers of the form "the solution to puzzle XY is ...". There are different attiitudes towards caching and not everyone must share your attitude.

The bookmark list collecting Austrian cave and gorge caches has been a public and shared one. The owner then seems to have changed the status at least for the moment after a considerable number of cache owners requested that their caches should be deleted from the list. In that specific case, the owner of the list at least was cooperative, but still already the discussion about the issue resulted in many spoilers and such issues can come up again at any moment. I simply do not wish to have to check my cache pages each day and then have to start a communication or even debate with the owner of a bookmark list that is listed on one of my cache pages against my will.

Cezanne

I simply do not wish to have to check my cache pages each day and then have to start a communication or even debate with the owner of a bookmark list that is listed on one of my cache pages against my will.

Same for me.

I'd really appreciate an opt-out button, even for all bookmarks.

What nags me is just the display of the bookmark-link in the cache-description, I don't care about any fancy bookmark listings existing per se. Just leave the caches layout unchanged.

Martin

BUMP

… I'm not even sure why that would work. The home coordinates of a user is irrelevant to most bookmark lists. …

you’re right about the owner coords. most bookmarks i know are dealing with recommendable caches in a certain region. so, give the bookmarkholder the possibility to enter relevant coords to his bookmark. that should solve the search problem from a cachepage or a viewed bookmark.

regards hans.

happy hunting.