Lost Bags.. And As If It Wasn't Bad Enough

phoenix-rose

I had lots of travel bugs inside.

Phoenix, We have a problem.

There were about 10 travel bugs that unwillingly got checked in my baggage (they were forcing us to check all carryons flight side b/c flight storage was full) and viola - the full moon took over. Worst flight ever (they overbooked and had too many animals on the flight - and took over an HOUR to fix the problem, causing me to barely make my connections) and yes, they lost my bags - complete with all the travel bugs inside - someplace between Atlanta, Phoenix, and Salt Lake. I did call and complain to the airlines who said:

"Oh you should always bring a carryon and not count on your bags to get there with the passengers if there's close connections."

DUH. (What part of they forced me to check MY CARRYON did they not get? ) and then "if we find your bag, we'll try to get it to you within 11 days". (11 days!?! *#$%)

Hopefully the airline will find the bags and I'll be able to get these on their way, but I was more than a little irate to say the least. (Including the missing travel bugs, there was about 1000 worth of stuff in that bag - counting gps and digital camera!) Gee.. ya wonder why they're going bankrupt?

B) Best as I can figure, I guess these travel bugs wanted their own adventure without me - and they're getting it. B) Maybe I can ask the person if/when I get my bags where they went to and log the miles for the owner?

GERR... At least I was going home and have clothes/shoes here... and um.. a spare GPS to keep my cache count rising while I wait on the travel bugs to get back from their non cacher trip.

Please someone give me some good news here. I really need a laugh.

~Rose

GERR... At least I was going home and have clothes/shoes here... and um.. a spare GPS to keep my cache count rising while I wait on the travel bugs to get back from their non cacher trip.

Please someone give me some good news here. I really need a laugh.

~Rose

The good news here is that apparently you've learned to shout "TREE" in ROT-13 code. B)

Please someone give me some good news here.  I really need a laugh.

~Rose

The good news here is that apparently you've learned to shout "TREE" in ROT-13 code. B)

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only you Lep!

Major bummer...

Another heads up is to not take TB's which look like tools through security. I tried to take the Wrenching TB through security and they confiscated it because it was a "tool." Fortunately, security let me go to the book shop, buy a stamp and an envelop, and mail the TB back to myself.

Another thing I do is I put all my geostuff in a small fanny pack which I place in the top of my larger carry-on luggage bag. When forced to check the carry-on, I pull out the fanny pack of "valuables" and let the airline have the carry-on.

Thank GOD!

The airline just called, and should have my bag to me in the next hour and a half. Apparently, it went on the flight out of Phoenix to somewhere in California and then to Washington, Idaho, and back to Salt Lake.

I suppose that these bugs got some serious travel time today, but I'm just glad to have this ordeal over with. I would have been really angry had the bag with the bugs lost with those being non replaceable.

Yes, I'm waiting on a voucher from the airlines toward free travel. I don't know how much it will be, but let's just say I didn't sleep well last night dreaming of what I had in that bag flying around the country, and have been pre-occupied all day wondering if they'd find it and in what condition.

Will post more when I see my bag, and make sure everything's ok.

In the meantime, thanks all for keeping my spirits up. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in the incompetence at the airport, and that LEP and planet still have their sense of humor.

Man that does stink.

Well next time you should take a carry on. :):(;)

Sorry could not help it.....

Only once did my luggage go missing for more than 12 hours. I went to Hawaii and I did not get my bags for 3 days. Good thing for the beaches.

I do like that Idea of virtually logging the TB close to the airports if you find out where the poor things went.

That is great news, and I am glad that my dumb joke helped you smile while you were stressing out.

I am not a big fan of virtual bug drops, but I think an exception ought to be made for the airport bug hotels closest to where your luggage was touring. Those would be interesting logs, and it would have special meaning to be able to "fly" those legs of the bugs' routes using the new Google Earth feature. :blink:

Ok, so since everyone is saying I should log the miles for the TB, I will be happy to. LOL I guess they went all that way (even if it wasn't with me) they should at least be credited for the miles (at the airline expense of course!).

Now... I just wish the airlines gave me airmiles for the side trip my baggage took. :D

In the meantime, I am working on fixing the box TB that I have - the key was in the lock for the box, and even though I'd already been through security, the stupid Security people had to break into it. ;) Hello.. the key was in the lock?!? These people are brilliant, but at least from what I can tell, nothing was taken from the box, they just wanted to "be obnoxious".

TB is here if you're wondering what i'm talking about:

Geldspeicher

I'm thinking since it's close to halloween, maybe I can find something at one of the party stores or at oriental trading that I can then "lock" up the treasure.

Oh well, I suppose that all things considered, if this is the worst that happened, I SHOULD be grateful. :D (If it wasn't this, it'd be something else!)