Do People In Montana Actualy Cache?

Thrak

I took a travel bug to Montana and released it for my son. He's giving me a hard time because it's been sitting there since September 26 and has never moved. I checked and the cache has only been visited once since I placed the bug. (Cache GCD27) I looked at the other Montana caches I did while in the area and it seems that Geocaching is dead, dead, dead in Montana!

Don't folks in Montana cache anymore or is it that they have already done all the caches to be had and so don't see activity at any of them now? I left several bugs while visiting and they just seem to sit. I just posted a note a couple of days ago in a Montana event cache listing and finally got the White Jeep moving that I left in a cache there but sheesh........

Edited by thrak

No geocaching is not dead in Montana but thanks for your concern california visitor. sheesh. Maybe we are not all wrapped up in it like we should be though. Sorry we are not all over your travel bugs like you seem to think we should be. We will try to do better. I will get the native geocachers on your travel bugs right away. Please come back sometime when you can't stay so long.

team sidewinder

Edited by Team Sidewinder
I took a travel bug to Montana and released it for my son. He's giving me a hard time because it's been sitting there since September 26 and has never moved. I checked and the cache has only been visited once since I placed the bug. (Cache GCD27) I looked at the other Montana caches I did while in the area and it seems that Geocaching is dead, dead, dead in Montana!

Wow. You visited our state, found a half dozen caches, left a travel bug in one of the oldest existing containers in the state and now wonder why it's been sitting there for less than a month.

Don't folks in Montana cache anymore...

No. But I'll be making the 7 hour round trip drive just to pick up your bug since you asked so nicely. Any day now...

Ron/yumitori

LOL - I see that Montana DOES have cachers - and a touchy lot at that. B)

My surprise with the one TB was simply because it was a White Jeep and they seem to be pretty sought after. Looks like it was finally picked up. I'm more used to something like that lasting maybe 24 hours. I figured anybody who was visiting the area from out of state would be sure to hit that cache as well.

Sorry to get you all riled up. Head on back to the rodeo and forget the cache. (You can maybe catch my daughter's boyfriend on the back of a bull - or flying off of the back of a bull. He'll be the one sponsored by the National Guard.)

Only since Sept 26?....I had a TB sit in a cache near San Fran CA for over 9 months and then it finally went MIA. Be careful what you ask for. Seems like any TB I ask about disappears. 4 out of 7 I let loose are now MIA. I'm about to give up on sending out TB's.

Good luck and I found the cachers in MT are some of the best. They'll get to it in their own time. Just don't get them riled up.......B)

Only since Sept 26?....I had a TB sit in a cache near San Fran CA for over 9 months and then it finally went MIA. Be careful what you ask for. Seems like any TB I ask about disappears. 4 out of 7 I let loose are now MIA. I'm about to give up on sending out TB's.

Good luck and I found the cachers in MT are some of the best. They'll get to it in their own time. Just don't get them riled up.......:(

Thank You.

Good luck and I found the cachers in MT are some of the best. They'll get to it in their own time. Just don't get them riled up.......;)

I'm giving up on TBs too. Lost at least 3 out of 4. (One of them was lost in Montana :( )

Good luck and I found the cachers in MT are some of the best. They'll get to it in their own time. Just don't get them riled up.......:(

Heh. I have noticed that folks who post something to the effect of, "Hey! Could someone help me out? I have a travel bug stuck up on a mountain and I'd like to see it start moving again before the snows fly." seem to get polite responses and often see their bugs rescued. I'm sure there must be some reason it works out that way...

Seems like any TB I ask about disappears. 4 out of 7 I let loose are now MIA. I'm about to give up on sending out TB's.

:blink: I've been meaning to ask if you've talked to OldBaldEagle about Florence Rae. I was itching to go up there last Saturday, but saw his log and exchanged a mail. Unless you told him that he spent 2-1/2 hours in the wrong spot, I'd have a hard time finding 6-7 hours to do a 5 star (even for what was in there). Any word on that one? :blink:

I had one stuck in Hawaii for nearly a year!!

It's mission is to visit the 50 states, not do laps around one island.

It is now on the Mainland, travelling like crazy.

It's amazing sometimes. I had a set of 3 Penguin TBs (Paul, Perry, and Peter -- excuse the lame names) that I released early this year, with a ridiculous mission to get as close to Antarctica as possible. One family ran around the Seattle area, gathered them up, and took them off to New Zealand. They've been bouncing around the islands for 6-7 months now, cooling their feathers in a cache for a month or two, then getting "rescued". It's fun to get a copy of a log out of the blue, totally unexpectedly.

Down the road, I think it might be fun to do a blitz of running around trying to recover some of my TBs. The guys "stranded" in NZ are a great excuse for a big vacation....erm, "rescue mission". :blink::blink::ph34r:

Seems like any TB I ask about disappears.  4 out of 7 I let loose are now MIA.  I'm about to give up on sending out TB's.

:blink: I've been meaning to ask if you've talked to OldBaldEagle about Florence Rae. I was itching to go up there last Saturday, but saw his log and exchanged a mail. Unless you told him that he spent 2-1/2 hours in the wrong spot, I'd have a hard time finding 6-7 hours to do a 5 star (even for what was in there). Any word on that one? :blink:

Never mind - OldBaldEagle got it today. I probably should have just gone for it. :ph34r: