It Happened....

wandat24

I hd my cache hid very well, covered and everything... One of the boys here in town found it (I have it down to two as being the ones finding it...). When it was found in July I checked and the two who found it had covered it back, and everytime it rain I'd add more leaves and old grass/hay, and it was hard to see it was in the spot (If I hadn't placed it I wouldn't have know it was there at all). I had two who had found it and not logged it and we hadn't had any rain to make me check in on it. then I seen a broom over by where it was and sure enough I looked and it was gone. Almost a week later my kids and I was visiting the little park it was in and after one of the two boys (the one i really think took it) came by and was talking to us, and then his sister came by and was talking with me as the girls where playing (I live very close to the park..) I was sitting out there brakeing up old branches and stuff for my dad to use with his wood stove this winter. About half an hour after both boys had been there and gone my 4 yo came up and said "look moom, writin." I looked and she had my log book. I asked where she found it and she took me to her tricycle and showed me 90% of the stuff from the cache and I found (what i hope was all of) the rest of it spreed out across the park. I am at the park nearly every day, I sometimes miss one or two days. I guess if I replace it (IF) I need to just be sure to recover it every night, well check on it every night. I haven't gotten all the ones I am wanting to put out and hope to soon.....(in fact this had been the only one I had gotten put out) This is very upsetting, but I am not mad at the boy(s) who took it.... I am VERY glad they returned what was in it. I just wish I woulda checked it more often, cause then I coulda covered it and it wouldn't have been found....

It was in an old filled in cistren for the house next to the park (my house) and covered with grass, twigs, dead leaves and hay. I will say however I am in wait for the privacy fence to be placed between my house and the park. I am getting tired of all the families thinking it's ok to come into my front yard and get my kids bikes and tricycles and let their kids play with and tear them up!! anywho sorry for that rant.....

That location is comprimised. Don't replace the cache unless you like replacing a cache.

People are like lab rats. If they look in a nook and find a cache, they will again look in the nook for a cache next time they walk by. The same way rats will press a bar for a food pellet even if they only get a pellet at random. The cache thief will keep looking in that spot hoping their pellet...er cache will show up again.

You could amuse yourself at their expense with a mouse trap but a cacher with old information might find that as well...

That's what frustrats me is the fact it's on MY land. Before the park I had only had people cut through my side yard to get from their house to a friends. Now I have ALL kinds of people (MOSTLY kids) in all parts of my yard. Anywho, sorry again for ranting I am taking this up with the city council at the next meeting.....

I think what I'm going to do is nix this one compleatly, like ya'll have suggested and place a new one in a spot that isn't so highly traveled. Also, I'm going to make it a bigger one lol. I have an old 50 cal ammom can that I'd bought a while back (that's suppose to be new, but I'm still gonna clean it...). Thanks for all the replies, and any future ones!

That's what frustrats me is the fact it's on MY land. Before the park I had only had people cut through my side yard to get from their house to a friends. Now I have ALL kinds of people (MOSTLY kids) in all parts of my yard. Anywho, sorry again for ranting I am taking this up with the city council at the next meeting.....

I think what I'm going to do is nix this one compleatly, like ya'll have suggested and place a new one in a spot that isn't so highly traveled. Also, I'm going to make it a bigger one lol. I have an old 50 cal ammom can that I'd bought a while back (that's suppose to be new, but I'm still gonna clean it...). Thanks for all the replies, and any future ones!

send me a picture of your area and I will be more then happy to try and come up with an evil container Idea for you or you could always change the cord's to a few feet away in more of a well hidden place