What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Haven't posted here in a long time (save for tonight - this is my second post). Still enjoying the coins but just little time.

Today, I received an plain white envelope from T.G. Fairy. I realized this was probably a mystery something but where I enjoy pathtags too - who knew. I opened the envelope and was waiting for a letter or something.

Nothing but a piece of very pretty pink paper and a oaktag board sealed square. Sure enough - inside was a special coin which said "Thanks for Being a Geocoin Fairy"! It had Number 036 on the back. This coin is very beautiful with a glitter on the front of preportions I have not seen. The glitter actually looks like gems inserted into the design. A very fine quality coin indeed.

I wished my camera would work to post a photo of deserving quality. Regretfully it will not. I would, however, like to express my heartfelt and humble appreciation for the gift of this coin. It will forever be held by me and passed on to my Granddaughter Ms. Amara in years to come.

For whatever reason you bestowed upon me this gift, I am awed and humbled. Thank you!

Happy Easter everyone!

season's greetings to all! Also would like to see a charlie brown easter egg...I was CB in our high school musical!

ILYK

You were a CB (Charlie Brown??) in your high school musica???? what is a CB in musica???

Hmm.. so we are not talking about The cartoon ... right? :laughing:

"Your A good Man Charlie Brown" is a musical production based on the Charles Schultz cartoon, Charlie Brown. Year by year I've even been growing my hair to look more like Charlie Brown...good grief!

ILYK
Edited by drneal

Haven't posted here in a long time (save for tonight - this is my second post). Still enjoying the coins but just little time.

Today, I received an plain white envelope from T.G. Fairy. I realized this was probably a mystery something but where I enjoy pathtags too - who knew. I opened the envelope and was waiting for a letter or something.

Nothing but a piece of very pretty pink paper and a oaktag board sealed square. Sure enough - inside was a special coin which said "Thanks for Being a Geocoin Fairy"! It had Number 036 on the back. This coin is very beautiful with a glitter on the front of preportions I have not seen. The glitter actually looks like gems inserted into the design. A very fine quality coin indeed.

I wished my camera would work to post a photo of deserving quality. Regretfully it will not. I would, however, like to express my heartfelt and humble appreciation for the gift of this coin. It will forever be held by me and passed on to my Granddaughter Ms. Amara in years to come.

For whatever reason you bestowed upon me this gift, I am awed and humbled. Thank you!

Happy Easter everyone!

It sounds like a gorgeous coin!!! Congratulations to a very worthy recipient!!

B)

100 numbered Charlie Brown Easter eggs

100 numbered Woodstock Easter eggs

:P

Happy Easter Weekend Everyone! :):laughing::)

Charlie Brown:

4e2b937e-402a-4619-840d-027adcfa3ed2.jpg

I was wondering if the Charlie Brown version would be coloed like a football wtih Lucy some where nearby!! LOL. Such fun!

Happy Easter!

WOW!!! What a day!!! :D

Today the mailman came only for me! :P

I had 3 letters today!!!

One from anne.and.eli, the antique copper li'l dreamer 2009 geocoin I won in her cointest!! Lovely and beautiful coin Thank you Anne my friend!!!! :o

the second letter was from Flipper&Co, and had some lovely pathtags, 3 for my collection and 3 to drop in caches!! WOW!! Thank you!!! :D

The third was a Birthday present!!! WOW!!! Odyssey Voyager and one of my friends who lives in Europe but stayed anonymus send me a Trojan horse each! Dave send me Hector, and My myster friend send me Poseidon!!! WOW!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!! :D

My mystery friend, thank you so much!!! Who are you?? I have a feeling .... :):D

What a lovely surprise!!! A coin that came out of ancient Greece has Greek names, and... maybe... Hades and Poseidon have a little... a tiny tiny Greek touch! :D Well.. I help a little with small suggestions for Hades and Poseidon!:(

I hope everyone who has them in their collection are happy with them!

In case you are wondering why Hades and Poseidon have these metals and colors... there is a special reason!!!

Hades is the god of the dead and the underworld! So Black is the perfect color for him...

But why Gold??? Hades was also known as Plouton! ancients were avoiding talking about Hades by its name, so they were calling him Plouton! Plouton was also the God who was giving you wealth, since all the wealthy things were coming from deep inside the Earth!! So since he was giving riches... Gold was the best for him... right? :)

About Poseidon... The green-blue glow stands for the glowing sea! Have you seen the sea under the moonlight? I am sure you have! :) Have you seen the color of the sea water in paradise islands? :)

And the Black?? For 2 reasons maybe.... for all the lost men at sea (remember... all the crue of Ullyses was lost in the sea...for example), or (or too), for the "black" ships of the Greeks in the Trojan war! Ancient Greeks used to paint their ships with something like asphalt to make them waterproof! :)

I hope it is ok to post that Dave... right? :D

Of course... these were only my suggestions... :o

Once again thank you soo much!!!! :D I really wish I could post a photo!!! :)

Edited by GATOULIS

:D been away for a lil bit, but these hit my mail box last week!!!

16cbbe44-c7ef-4ec1-8f4f-ee336fc199ca.jpg

DJ the Tribal Flowers look great, nice job :P

thank you,, they are very interesting,, the translucent has a silver background then the translucent was layed over it and black nickel on top, something ive never seen on a coin before... they turned out great,, the glitter was layed over the level 1 design but if you look very very close you can kinda make out the design. :)

handfull of the new big 2" tengwars,, finally!!!!!!

green on copper, green on bronze, red on gold, .925 silver, 24k gold, ant. copper,gold on silver and silver on gold.

f2589ed9-51db-4f08-bc2c-b0a9e1309538.jpg

so im missing the 2 satin finishes,, if anyone has extras id would love to work something out...:P

mail from yesterday and today...I'm sorry the new Rainbow Bridge coin didn't scan well...it's a beautiful coin!

IMG_0002_NEW-1-1-1.jpg

ILYK

Please drneal, the name of the rabbit coin? ;)

I call him Harvey...Harve for short ;) .

He's a cachkinz from cacheaddict.com.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen this thread fall off the front page! :P

I'll bump it back up with my acquisitions from this past week.

It really has been a great week thinks to Sivota and Capt. Zulu!!

And of course to Mauison and Jackalgirl for such great new coins!

mailbox20100415.jpg

green on copper, green on bronze, red on gold, .925 silver, 24k gold, ant. copper,gold on silver and silver on gold.

so im missing the 2 satin finishes,, if anyone has extras id would love to work something out...:P

I love these ones :D

Are they still being sell in regular stores?

What about the purple version, still missing?

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen this thread fall off the front page! :)

See what happens when I take a break :) .

Coins for today...

IMG_NEW-6-11.jpg

ILYK

Hey doc... what's the coin on the upper left?

Davey Jones Locker Gold Aqua, from the geocoinstore.com

ILYK

Edited by drneal

See what happens when I take a break :) .

Coins for today...

IMG_NEW-6-11.jpg

ILYK

Hey doc... what's the coin on the upper left?

Davey Jones Locker Gold Aqua, from the geocoinstore.com

ILYK

I just saw that... thanks Doc! I might have to grab one or two.

What's the name of the coin with a little boy walking and carrying a backpack?

:)

That is the Achterhoeks Cache Event (or 'ACE 2010') geocoin from the Netherlands.

so im missing the 2 satin finishes,, if anyone has extras id would love to work something out...:)

I love these ones :)

Are they still being sell in regular stores?

What about the purple version, still missing?

Sorry for the delayed response. I do not believe they are still being sold on regular stores.

yes I need to find me a purple

So if anyone has one they would like to trade please let me know, I also need 1 of the satin finishes gold on silver if any one has an extra or one they would trade,

I have some new tribal flower coins and a few others. I'm a tengwar fanatic, so I may even dive into my keepers list to make the trade so please let me know your requirements. Thank you!!!

a lovely package arrived yesterday from writeshoprobert! his personals are so elegant and i love the colour choices. and the boot! i love the boot and it is so nice to have one back in my collection. the boot was one of my very first geocoins. one of those that got me "hooked." ;)

4468203467_13f187024c_o.jpg

thank you dear friend,

lara

I dropped off a boot last weekend in Canyonville, Oregon and I had no idea the artwork came from writeshopropbert :rolleyes: That was one beautiful coin!

i have to point out that I did not make the boot. It was just a coin that I happened to have in my possesion for a while. I knew Lara would like to see it, so I included in with a few other Coins that I sent. she made a wonderful batch of sigitem magnets for me! Thanks Lara!

I forgot to post here!!!

Today I received 2 beautiful micros that I loved!!! :huh:

The horseshoe crab (little Rhody 2009) in antique silver and the quahog (little Rhody 2008) in antique bronze!!!

both are so pretty, cute and small!! I love them!!!!! :blink: And.... from Rhode island came to Rhodes island!!! :ph34r: Thank you so much BBWolf+3pigs!!!! :) Thank you my friend!!! :D