What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

this lovely critter swam into the mojave desert today. thanks howard!

4423055749_38f9c3f287_o.jpg

Very nice, great presentation

thank you. the honu is sitting on top of a really old wooden ammo box with rope handles. i keep thinking i need to make a cache out of it. :)

rsg

The coin is so pretty!!! ;)

Lara, can I ask you something? The wooden ammo box is really old.... does it have any date... stamped or engraved on it? some may worth some money.. and militaria collectors may like them.... if they are from WWII or older... Of course... I do not know how things are in USa and if there these are quite easy to find! :) I am wondering because if the box is a collectable thing for a muggle.... ;)

thank you. the honu is sitting on top of a really old wooden ammo box with rope handles. i keep thinking i need to make a cache out of it. :)

rsg

The coin is so pretty!!! ;)

Lara, can I ask you something? The wooden ammo box is really old.... does it have any date... stamped or engraved on it? some may worth some money.. and militaria collectors may like them.... if they are from WWII or older... Of course... I do not know how things are in USa and if there these are quite easy to find! :) I am wondering because if the box is a collectable thing for a muggle.... ;)

I have one of those wooden boxes that I bought from a pawn shop for a few dollars. They had half a dozen others, too. And that was just one of the many pawn shops in my area. I painted it for a cache I have yet to place. lol Procrastinating ftl.

does your box had a date? Hmm.. so it the States these are common!

Well.. here, just becasue Greek army is using them again and again, if you are very lucky, you might find a WWII one! My uncle in Leros had one and used it, and when I saw the letters and the date that were engraved on it... it was a GErman one from 1942... if I remember well.... WOW!

The coin is so pretty!!! :)

Lara, can I ask you something? The wooden ammo box is really old.... does it have any date... stamped or engraved on it? some may worth some money.. and militaria collectors may like them.... if they are from WWII or older... Of course... I do not know how things are in USa and if there these are quite easy to find! ;) I am wondering because if the box is a collectable thing for a muggle.... ;)

good point gatoulis. guess it really is better just sitting on my front porch. besides, it makes a great background for coins. :)

lara

my mailbox had a party yesterday - a mardi gras actually. a gift from a dear friend, turned an "arrgghh" kinda of sunday into a "WOWSER."i was too tired after caching all day on saturday in less than optimum conditions so waited until today to check my mail. still one of the beautiful coins out there.

fabulous and thank you whitby!

4433417446_3599380007.jpg

Cause I don't have a camera, elho was so kind to take some pictures of my coin case with my new ones at the flashlight event in germany last weekend.

p1320575d4f7.jpg

New is the trojan horse, the turtle, the butterfly and the robin hood arrows.

And in combination with an uv light you recieve really nice pictures of the glow in the dark effect.

p1320592t1jw.jpg

p1320594p265.jpg

again...an awesome picture! all that is needed is a photoshop removal of the screw head! :D

I actually like the screw head, for scale!

thank you, me too! i actually think the screw head looks a little bit like a cache mark.

rsg

B)

Hmm.. this is the old ammo box... right? The screw was probably added later.... maybe it was fixed again and the screw was used for that.... :lol: I do not think the screw is as old the ammo box is! The wood shows that rain fell on it... it was dried by the sun... and this probably happen many times! air did some work on it too.... maybe on the other side there are even traces of earth and damages by it..... :P

Moisture and hot sun worked a lot in this box! :lol:

again...an awesome picture! all that is needed is a photoshop removal of the screw head! B)

thank you, me too! i actually think the screw head looks a little bit like a cache mark.

rsg

:lol:

Hmm.. this is the old ammo box... right? The screw was probably added later.... maybe it was fixed again and the screw was used for that.... :P I do not think the screw is as old the ammo box is! The wood shows that rain fell on it... it was dried by the sun... and this probably happen many times! air did some work on it too.... maybe on the other side there are even traces of earth and damages by it..... :lol:

actually kind of describes me :D except instead of somone adding a screw, I've been told a have a screw loose!

ILYK

A wonderful box landed at my door (not quite the mailbox) yesterday and in it were these lovely coins from Lorca.nl B)

Whatbeautifulcoins.jpg

These coins weren't the only things; I also got some YUMMY Dutch treats! My favorite was the Bakkersspeculaas with Amandel (Almonds). Thank you so much zusjeeeeeeeeee :lol:

I might get a little fat (ter) though with these cookies :D

Yummy-3.jpg

again...an awesome picture! all that is needed is a photoshop removal of the screw head! :D

rsg

B)

Hmm.. this is the old ammo box... right? The screw was probably added later.... maybe it was fixed again and the screw was used for that.... :lol: I do not think the screw is as old the ammo box is! The wood shows that rain fell on it... it was dried by the sun... and this probably happen many times! air did some work on it too.... maybe on the other side there are even traces of earth and damages by it..... :P

the screw is a big one. and yes, the box has been weathered by a few years out in the desert. i'll have to look at it more carefully tomorrow in the light to see how it is constructed. it may not be all that old after all.

yep, we all have a screw loose somewhere. :lol:

These coins weren't the only things; I also got some YUMMY Dutch treats! My favorite was the Bakkersspeculaas with Amandel (Almonds). Thank you so much zusjeeeeeeeeee :laughing:

I might get a little fat (ter) though with these cookies ;)

Yummy-3.jpg

well then..............

i won`t send COOKIEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ anymore problem solved :anibad::blink:

see what i got in my mail yesterday :D:D

THANKZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ RSG FOR THE TRADE.....

i`m really REALLY HAPPY WITH THE TWO MONKEY`ZZZZZZZZZZ :lol::lol::lol:

Errr... ummmm... It was I that traded with you... :):( .

CF30

`

OHHHHHHH i`m so so so so SORRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...............

i`m STUPIDDDDDDDD i know i KNOWWWW..............

i have a note here where i had trade on and some suprise coinzzzzzz to send and i MIX all namezzzz up.........

i recieve also coin from Laval and Burgezzzzzz and then to send namezzzzzz .......

again SORRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY someone know now that something will on the way hihihihihihihi...........

but i`m SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY with the MONKEY`ZZZZZzz......

i wanted so so LONG a coin with a MONKEY i did`t know that there where coinzzzz with it and now my FLAPZZZZZZ has his own COINZZZZZ so THANK YOU ...........

CF30

After a long drought...it rained coins! Been a while since I posted in here :smile:

I already had the Delft Blauuw but got the holder in a package from Landsharkz...

And yes..I do have some for trade:

1 Olympuck

1 Canadian Micro (sailing coin)

2 BC 2010 coins

1 Totem (4 coins)

1 purple gecko

and one each of the Karma coins :):laughing:

010-1.jpg

I haven't been doing a lot of trading lately so the mailbox has been rather boring---that is until today. I received three mailers! I was so surprised. LOL Some of the Celtic Spirit coins with some glass blown "trinkets" that they made! A cute tortoise and a very special Good Karma Waverider coin. Many thanks!

aff8c98b-4f01-45b0-b4f1-3c13d8178980.jpg

I probably should have posted this yesterday, but haven't been quite up to snuff this past week. Thursday marked 5 years since my wife, Kathy, was killed.

I received an envelope, no return address, on Friday. The card that came with these coins is pictured, but might be a little hard to read...it says:

"Helping a little bit to narrow down you seeking list.

Happy trails and have fun

?

I'm not sure if the coins made their way here at this particular time, strictly as a matter of coincidence, or not, but I would like to express my thanks, and Kathy's, for a most wonderful thought from a most wonderful mystery sender. The card will remain on my computer desk, where I can view it every day!

IMG_NEW-6-6.jpg

ILYK

I'm not sure if the coins made their way here at this particular time, strictly as a matter of coincidence, or not, but I would like to express my thanks, and Kathy's, for a most wonderful thought from a most wonderful mystery sender. The card will remain on my computer desk, where I can view it every day!

Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.” ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross ~

peace. :rolleyes:

a lovely package arrived yesterday from writeshoprobert! his personals are so elegant and i love the colour choices. and the boot! i love the boot and it is so nice to have one back in my collection. the boot was one of my very first geocoins. one of those that got me "hooked." :rolleyes:

4468203467_13f187024c_o.jpg

thank you dear friend,

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

a lovely package arrived yesterday from writeshoprobert! his personals are so elegant and i love the colour choices. and the boot! i love the boot and it is so nice to have one back in my collection. the boot was one of my very first geocoins. one of those that got me "hooked." :)

thank you dear friend,

lara

I dropped off a boot last weekend in Canyonville, Oregon and I had no idea the artwork came from writeshopropbert :rolleyes: That was one beautiful coin!

a lovely package arrived yesterday from writeshoprobert! his personals are so elegant and i love the colour choices. and the boot! i love the boot and it is so nice to have one back in my collection. the boot was one of my very first geocoins. one of those that got me "hooked." :D

thank you dear friend,

lara

I dropped off a boot last weekend in Canyonville, Oregon and I had no idea the artwork came from writeshopropbert :) That was one beautiful coin!

i don't think robert did the artwork - he just sent me the coin.

rsg

a lovely package arrived yesterday from writeshoprobert! his personals are so elegant and i love the colour choices. and the boot! i love the boot and it is so nice to have one back in my collection. the boot was one of my very first geocoins. one of those that got me "hooked." :D

thank you dear friend,

lara

I dropped off a boot last weekend in Canyonville, Oregon and I had no idea the artwork came from writeshopropbert :) That was one beautiful coin!

rsg

The artwork was done by Mama Cache and myself for an event we held in Texas.

a lovely package arrived yesterday from writeshoprobert! his personals are so elegant and i love the colour choices. and the boot! i love the boot and it is so nice to have one back in my collection. the boot was one of my very first geocoins. one of those that got me "hooked." B)

thank you dear friend,

lara

I dropped off a boot last weekend in Canyonville, Oregon and I had no idea the artwork came from writeshopropbert :D That was one beautiful coin!

rsg

The artwork was done by Mama Cache and myself for an event we held in Texas.

I love it; it was gorgeous!

season's greetings to all! Also would like to see a charlie brown easter egg...I was CB in our high school musical!

ILYK

You were a CB (Charlie Brown??) in your high school musica???? what is a CB in musica???

Hmm.. so we are not talking about The cartoon ... right? :sad: