What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4
Followers 53

Well, I've had lots of cool stuff in my mailbox the last week or so, but I just now got to take a picture of it. Sorry photo quality is not great, I haven't figured out the best way to host the pictures.

1d9f4604-a19e-4eb1-8459-1def2f9bfd74.jpg

So here they are:

A Breast Cancer Awareness tag from the e-place.

A Pennsylvania Covered Bridge Suncatcher (also e-place).

Butterfly Kisses suncatchers.

Honu Turtles - one of these will become a necklace.

Key to the Cache.

A special charm from TulsaGal2Go since I sent her a coin.

Three of us went off on a ten day motorcycle ride. Down the coast to just north of LA then east almost to the four corners and north to Grand Junction Colorado then north and west across Idaho and southern Oregon. It was a great ride, lots of beautiful roads, a few caches along the way, MANY Virtuals (my favorite), stayed in a motel in Mexican Hat Utah that we’ve wanted to stay in for years. Only got rained on three or four times. Got jerked out of a sound sleep by a fire alarm at 2:25 AM once so we could stand in the rain for 30 minutes. Ate road food for ten days. I know there are great places to eat everywhere we went (with the possible exception of Mexican Hat), but why would a person go pay good money for food when there’s a soggy truck stop burger and watered down soft drink right next to where you just filled the bike with gas???

187be5b7-dea1-4cad-ad35-1a297aaab752.jpg

But, that’s not the point of this. The weather just kept getting worse as our trip progressed so Thursday night we decided that it was time to just head for home rather than make a loop the loop tour of Southern Oregon and Northern California like our original plan called for. By Saturday morning we were within a couple of hundred miles of home so we hit the road early and just made a bee line for home.

Of course we’d had the mail held at the Post Office while we were gone. We knew that there were going to be a few coins trickle in, Cache Addict had made a couple of notes that the 2nd Flag coins were going in the mail any day AS we were leaving home, and the Dragon Ladon Coins were going to be ordered while we were on the road.

The local PO is only open from 10:00 to 11:00 on Saturday, and at about 75 miles out Beckie said to me over the radio “ya know, we could make it in time to pick up the mail”. So we added a little “Hurry up” to the last 50 miles of really fun road and pulled up at the Post Office at 11:04. The door was closed, locked, and only the night light over the counter was visible.  I was mildly bummed! But, as we were about to pull away from the curb one of the ladies that works inside recognized us and came out, asked if we’d like to pick up our mail and start delivery again for Monday (today). When she brought the bundle out Beckie said “I hope you’ve got some room in one of your bags!” There were like eight bubblemailers.! 

3be01369-2aca-488f-b5d7-daadae898359.jpg

I apologize for the lousy picture, but it’s the best I could do with the time I’ve got right now. These are all purchased coins. My absolute favorite is the flag series, I’ve babbled on and on about this wonderful Atwell creation to nearly everyone that I know who will listen. And just like the first ones that arrived, I can’t leave them alone, I just keep going back to pick them up, hold them and turn them over and over in my hand. What an exciting way to end a fun bike ride!

Hi,

I don't usually post in this thread but this coin is exceptionnal.

I got my Coloured Mapamundi XXL Geocoin in the mailbox today.

This one is bigger and heavier than I expected.

This is a 90mm coin !!! That's more than 3.5"

The cool wood stand comes with the coin.

MapBigWood.jpg

The back of the coin is even more nice.

This is the Antique Silver finish.

Untitled-1.jpg

I have looked at these coins several times and am quite impressed by the size and quality of detail on these coins but have not been able to get past the $35.00 + price tag. :laughing: I know it's a big coin with tons of color & detail but I just cannot get past the price. :lol: I hope to see one in person someday. :o

CF30

Want to trade? I can't see your tradinglist. Send me a message through my profile please.

Hi,

MapBigWood.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

I have looked at these coins several times and am quite impressed by the size and quality of detail on these coins but have not been able to get past the $35.00 + price tag. :laughing: I know it's a big coin with tons of color & detail but I just cannot get past the price. :lol: I hope to see one in person someday. :o

CF30

Want to trade? I can't see your tradinglist. Send me a message through my profile please.

Love to trade! My trade list is a work in progress so I'm hoping you have a seeking list. :)

CF30

I had two packages, not in my mailbox but, leaning up against my door. That's not good for my neighborhood. :lol: I was worried there were supposed to be more packages. Hopefully it was just these two. They (at least one of them) were too big to fit in my mailbox. :laughing: Once I woke up enough to open the box, I realized why it was so big. Those 5th Anniversary Compass Rose geocoins are HUGE! I could only afford to get one but, at least I did get one, and tis my first Compass Rose coin. And it won't be the last. I already ordered one of the 2009 versions. :o Also in the box were my Northern Territories Australia coin (I love Aussie and want to go to Australia some day.) and my Grand Canyon Benchmark coin. They are both beautiful, and I'm glad I ordered them. In the other package was a set of three geocoins. On one side of each coin, it says Rock Paper Scissors with the pictures for each. On the other of each coin tis one of those, either Rock, Paper, OR Scissors with the tracking codes. They are beautiful, thicker than the Australia and Grand Canyonn coins, and heavy. :)

Now to wait for the other 26 or so geocoins that I have coming any day. LOL

Hi,

MapBigWood.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Congratulations, this is the limited edition. I have only the Coloured Mapamundi XXL Geocoin, this one is antique bronze.

Hi,

MapBigWood.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Congratulations, this is the limited edition. I have only the Coloured Mapamundi XXL Geocoin, this one is antique bronze.

Hi neirolf,

My post wasn't clear (english is not my first langage).

The version I have is the Antique Bronze finish.

The picture of the back is the Antique Silver version but I don't own it.

I got the picture from the web. (I don't have a digital camera...)

Edited by SecretChief
It's been a long time since I have had any new coins, but these arrived recently!!!

c34fe769.jpg

Will you be selling these? :D I hope... :D

CF30

Hi,

This is the back of the Sphinx Coin.

The regular versions are sold out...

Yes, but this version is the AE version and has been done in translucent colors! I have both versions of the ones Hogwild sold. I want one of these too. :D

Unless you have one of this version...? :anicute: I'd love to trade if you do. My trade list is a work in progress (long story, but I'll share if ya wanna hear a rant... :) ) If you have a seeking list, tho, I'd love to browse. :D

CF30

Hi neirolf,

My post wasn't clear (english is not my first langage).

The version I have is the Antique Bronze finish.

The picture of the back is the Antique Silver version but I don't own it.

I got the picture from the web. (I don't have a digital camera...)

Ok, this wasn't clear to me.

I got a set of three Compass Rose Anniversary coins (WOW! Are they cool or what??!!), a travel turtle, a micro compass rose, my 100 finds achievement coin and pin set and a couple of Butterfly kisses geocoins. All purchases but exciting nonetheless!

Having too much fun running around outside for taking pictures, but here's a list of recently received coins.

Moose on the loose(AN)

Tatanka(Peach)

Geo-Sasquatch

Gabby Roads

Beatles coin (N-T)(AG)

Celtic Tree of Life(AB)

Celtic Tree of Life(AS)

Birka v2 Foggy Silver

Guardian of the Night(AC, AS, AG, BN)

2008 Navy Ball, Misawa(N-T)

Trilobite(AS)

Upik Nuannertoq(Al)

Upik Nuannertoq(N-T) Resin

Europe NANO(RE, LE)

Dragon Ladon (RE, LE)

CompassRose 5th Anniv.4pc.set

Numbat tag

Year of the Ox(red, blue, green)

Groundspeak Lackey's 2009

Puffin's(gold, nickel)

Crowsfeat30&Strider(gold&silver)

Rivercachers 2009 Idaho Gem

Just to name a few.

It's been a long time since I have had any new coins, but these arrived recently!!!

c34fe769.jpg

Will you be selling these? :anicute: I hope... :D

CF30

Hi,

This is the back of the Sphinx Coin.

The regular versions are sold out...

These are the Full Moon AE coins and yep I'm selling the sets, drop me an email to WicksWorksDesign@gmail.com I haven't updated my site in a long time.

I'm guessing that the middle one is the APPLE version. Very nice! Did you trade for it or buy it? How can I get one too? :)

CF30

I did a favor for them :D I don't know how you can get one though, but I'm guessing there would probably be a whole lot of groveling involved ;)

Today, the mailman had to bring a big flat unfoldable envelope to my door. Inside was the Project GAME game board (No coin, they were sold out. :) Will have to try to get a coin later.) and the 6 Years Geoclub.de Geocoin (2in1 Coin) Jubilee Edition. I was really hoping to get one of the fancier editions but, they were sold out by the time I finally had money. ;) I went and checked to see if there was anything in my mailbox, and found an Orca Majestic coin in there.

We had two mailers yesterday and I've agonized over whether I should post about them.

The first was a birthday gift from SUCKERISH, and what's probably going to become the coin in my pocket as soon as I get one of those round plastic cases to keep it in. I'm going to call it my Guardian of Freedom coin.

85ff02eb-9052-4ecd-9927-62ead0aa4edd.jpg

Thank you Tambe for honoring "our amazing country by representing the flag colors on this coin", and then gifting a piece of that to me.

Then there's the image I've agonized over.

7f03085b-2471-41af-90d9-248dcc5ae699.jpg

The reason I've agonized over it is because you'll notice right away that there's one coin that's still in the plastic protective casing and shows an obviously altered number plate. It's going to be a gift to my stepdaughter Nicole from her mother and I. SO, IF you know Nicole, please don't tell her. Ok? :D

But, I had to show off these beautiful coins and if Nicole finds out before she gets the coin in her hand, she'll be happy and surprised anyway, she's just that nice a person.

After a couple of days of nothing but bills and junk the mail lady decided to be really nice to me today. She saw I had a package to sign for but I wasn't at home so she tracked me down at work and gave it to me there. Once I got a chance to open it I found not just the incredible Mapamundi coin that I had expected (which is now one of my absolute favorite coins!) but also a Red Herring, some great German candies, a German bank bag, and a lovely postcard. As if that wasn't enough, when I got home from work I found 2 more envelopes in my mailbox! 1 had some Pathtags and 1 had a really lovely BN The Eyes coin. Thanks for the trades!

Yay! I finally get to post in this thread again. Things have been pretty slow but this week was a great coin mail week! I've been saving up for an End of the Week post...

006-1.jpg

Oh boy1 I just managed to enter in the foroums! There was an error all the time! :)

WOW! Nice coins!!! Congratulations my friend!!! :o

Just one question...... Is the photo "fixed".... is there a newtype of coins in full 3D or because of the economical crisis... ammo boxes are getting smaller and smeller... and tiny now??? :)

What ever it is, it is lovely!!! It looks like a nano of micro cache.... well...it may be a coin.....

Of course I am talking aboit the ammo box coin(?) that is above the web camera coin!!!