What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

In my little mailbox today I got a simply amazing surprise :P :P :P

Thank you, Liz *BIG HUG* You are just too too thoughtful!!!!

I felt that I just *had* to share the beauty of this geocoin with everyone!

Click here for a larger image with lots more detail!! (totally worth it :P :P )

Boomerang(SD).jpg

Love, love, love this geocoin!!!

tombstone justice LE

letterboxing glow

silly boys ammo can pink

silly boys ammo can purple

compass rose x12

tick

gascans 2006

team sand dollar shiny gold

little hopper dark green

little hopper light green

zodiac final

cocoa and mittens

grenlandsmafiaen nickel

12 2008 compass roses

Got my Yemon and Yime coin that he traded me for one of my personal coins. This coin is way cool. :P

WOW, CONGRATS!!! :P:P That's one awesome coin you were fortunate to get ahold of there, one I've dreamed of for some time now!! CONGRATS!! Couldn't have found a better new owner!! Also gives me hope that there might just be one out there for me some day.... :P

btw...that's Yemon Yime....not Yemon and Yime!! :P:P

lovely surprises this week Glitter, chocolate, boomerangs! and there was a gold one in the package! The mailbox has been a real treasure trove the last few days with aussie coins from Mrs CP. and Chief20r2 -

they are rarer coins so I'll take time to make some good pictures later.

A gorgeous glittery red fire hat lit up the package from Chief20r2 - we'll treasure it and share the little icon around :P This one is really special in the hand and a picture doesn't do it justice.

Thank you both so much for the gifts.

and my choccie coin :P Finally a sig item made in australia I am pleased to share.

aussie-coins.png

I just wanted to share my Birthday experience from last night!!

After a quiet day of doing nothing special, TR&T w/KAboom headed out to check on a CITO site before heading to my birthday celebration at Friday's in Ann Arbor MI (about an hour from home). This celebration was SUPPOSED to be just a small gathering of my good friends the Geopigs as well as possibly Nurse Nanna and LadyBee4T..the Geopigs were the hosts of this shindig!

I should have known something was afoot as soon as I saw Jim (Mr Geopigs) waiting for us at the door (we were late due to construction...only about 10 minutes though), but I didn't have a clue as to what was waiting for us inside! We were directed to the rear of the restaurant, I rounded the corner to be met by A ROOMFUL of my friends!!!! WOW!

I was in shock, I hadn't even imagined anything like this! To have many of my friends come out to help celebrate my birhtday...WOW!! Sally (Mrs Geopigs) REALLY outdid herself this time. The tables were all festive with noisemakers and balloons and such, but the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" greeting really took me by surprise...I couldn't even focus!! I did see a few faces sitting beside Sally that I know I'd seen before, but I didn't even "see" everyone else...must have been 20+ friends all told!! WOW!!

After some wonderful conversation, some GREAT food and even more wonderful conversation, the waitstaff came in with a beautiful cake (which Sally made), all the while singing and clapping! I left Sally to cutting the cake as I'm just not good at that, we ate the cake and conversed a bit more before heading out the door to find a few caches (one actualy being placed to honor my birthday)!!

The cake...a sheet style cake, yellow w/choco frosting (my favorite) was decorated with a yellow etrex, a travel bug and an ammo can!! It of course said HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rod and was beautifully decorated with colorful glitters and such all throughout the frosting!! It didn't last long enough for me to get a picture, but I'm sure one will pop up somewhere!!

Here's one of the caches we found afterwards...my post say's it all!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...0b-b9aea3def9b9

WOW, I really needed that!!! THANK-YOU soooo much for such a wonderful surprise Geopigs, THANKS for coming out everyone!! It's awesome to have such great friends, even better to have everyone together to celebrate!! Really made my birthday one to remember forever!!!

Now, not in my mailbox, but I did get these at the celebration yesterday:

Pentagon shaped Armed Forces coin (reads "May your stars always be blue")

2 MI lighthouse coins

Official Logbook coin

Groundspeak 2006 coin

MI Mackinaw Bridge coin

Keepers of Ontario's Caches Canadian Geese

LadyBEE4T's Geoguitar "Will play for cache" coin

The Grand Hotel Spring Fling event coin

VictoryMike pathtag as well as a couple of his unique and hand made chainmail sig items!!

2 AWESOME pins from Hard Rock Cafe (I collect these)

2 embroidered shirts with my caching name on them

A Hard Rock Cafe hat w/ guitar shaped opener attachedas well as a travelbug tag and even my "Rockin Roddy" name hand embroidered onto it....WOW!!!

a frame to put the group picture from last night in

2 FTFs of caches set up for my birhtday

memories to last forever!!!!!

All I can say is THANK-YOU to all who came out!!! WOW!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Got these this past week:

(click for bigger pics)

2470676917_41f1592305_m.jpg

2470676921_456e29caa0_m.jpg

2470676907_0f962413c1_m.jpg

1x 2007 NZ GPS

1x Sweetlife Personal - G

1x Earthcache Pin - C

1x Habitat For Humanity Pin

Thanks everyone for the trades, and thanks Sweetlife for replacing the coin USPS lost!

Edited by wwflover13

Finally!!!

It's been a long wait (or feels like it), but it's a good day :o

;) Wow, i love your geocoin, great colour :D

Thanks, but that's not a very accurate picture because it almost looks black nickel - lol. Here's a little better...

NEPAGPhoto2.jpg

Oh, and it's not my personal. It's a coin I designed for our local cachers :D

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Finally!!!

It's been a long wait (or feels like it), but it's a good day :o

;) Wow, i love your geocoin, great colour :D

Thanks, but that's not a very accurate picture because it almost looks black nickel - lol. Here's a little better...

NEPAGPhoto2.jpg

Oh, and it's not my personal. It's a coin I designed for our local cachers :D

Considering that's where I was born and raised, could you pick me up one of those if I send you the money or if you want to trade for something I have? Please?

I just wanted to share my Birthday experience from last night!!

After a quiet day of doing nothing special, TR&T w/KAboom headed out to check on a CITO site before heading to my birthday celebration at Friday's in Ann Arbor MI (about an hour from home). This celebration was SUPPOSED to be just a small gathering of my good friends the Geopigs as well as possibly Nurse Nanna and LadyBee4T..the Geopigs were the hosts of this shindig!

All I can say is THANK-YOU to all who came out!!! WOW!!

Wow - what awesome friends! Congratulations on your Birthday Rod (belated). Sounds like your day certainly ended on a very high note :o

It sure was a nice day in California! Got a XLE Accessability, AE Caching Memories, XLE Mackey Made It, XLE Rainforest Jewel, Compass Rose and 2 silver / 2 gold OusKonNe & Cetyla coins. :D;):D

You always get the most awesome coins TJ :D whats your secret? lol :o

Edited by The-Wolf-Pack

i love this thread, because on the many days there is nothing in bubble envelopes in my mailbox, i can look at these great coins and just feel the joy vicariously.

what do you do when your coins come? i take all the coins out of their temporary bags and lay them out and look at each one individually. i really enjoy this process. then i record its arrival in the database. and thanks to those folks who really insisted that keeping track from the beginning was the way to go.

thanks for sharing folks!

lara

Finally!!!

It's been a long wait (or feels like it), but it's a good day :D

:D Wow, i love your geocoin, great colour :D

NEPAGPhoto2.jpg

Oh, and it's not my personal. It's a coin I designed for our local cachers :o

;) I love your coin, great design and nice colour :D

The pictures are fuzzy but there they are.

Is that a new version? It doesn't show up on Geocoincollection.com...

Lots of coins don't hit geocoincollection.com. All mine aren't on there. All the data over there is user dependent. Users have to submit names and/or photos for it to be relevant.

TMA

Edited by The Moop Along

Lots of coins don't hit geocoincollection.com. All mine aren't on there. All the data over there is user dependent. Users have to submit names and/or photos for it to be relevant.

TMA

Oh...well, that makes sense. ;)

005-1.jpg

007.jpg

I think it is his trade only coin. He wanted one of mine a long time ago and now that I got more coins in we made a trade. I wish the pictures where better. It's a nice looking coin. A heavy coin too. ;)

a nice today, just one coin which is cool, plus some neat trinkets from randy for sending back the pink TQ.

i am continually amazed at the intricacy of some of these coins. this is a perfect example. the nav egg ation coin.

2475026690_12a9952629_o.jpg

is this a epoxy coated coin? the smooth glassiness is really neat feeling.

rsg

NEPAGPhoto2.jpg

Oh, and it's not my personal. It's a coin I designed for our local cachers ;)

Ah, should have kept reading... and wow, this pic looks even better! Awesome job!

I got me THE coolest guitar today, a glittery, shiny, purdy one from Beverly!!

Thank you, Bev, it really helped make my day! I can't believe how cool they are, we're definitely going to have to go on on a remint if there is one! I just LOVE IT!!!

Naomi :D

2475851999_4b1f0557f3_o.jpg

2475851873_3fc67dcf8c_o.jpg

Edited by mousekakat

It sure was a nice day in California! Got a XLE Accessability, AE Caching Memories, XLE Mackey Made It, XLE Rainforest Jewel, Compass Rose and 2 silver / 2 gold OusKonNe & Cetyla coins. :D:D:D

repost with picture:

453f5135-d2cc-41a9-ba47-7c888f5be54e.jpg

O.K. there you go again teasing us :D . It seems that You, my dear, are great at getting coins that the rest of us have no clue to what they are. DO tell what the coin is with what appears to be a flower B)

It sure was a nice day in California! Got a XLE Accessability, AE Caching Memories, XLE Mackey Made It, XLE Rainforest Jewel, Compass Rose and 2 silver / 2 gold OusKonNe & Cetyla coins. :(;):huh:

repost with picture:

453f5135-d2cc-41a9-ba47-7c888f5be54e.jpg

O.K. there you go again teasing us :o . It seems that You, my dear, are great at getting coins that the rest of us have no clue to what they are. DO tell what the coin is with what appears to be a flower :o

Those are a personal coin of OusKonNé & Cétyla ( a local cacher in my area ).

I had a lousy day at work today -- started off with a nasty headache and debugging code wasn't doing anything to help it! I decided to take half the afternoon off and come home early.

Well, I met the postman at the mailbox and waited for him to finish loading up the mail slots. Things started looking up when he tossed a bubble mailer in my slot! After he locked up the boxes, I rushed over to see what I had received: A full house of Musketeers! Purple over Black! Pictures at eleven (I still have that headache so its time to go medicate!)