What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Not in my mail, more like in my driveway.

I had a knock on the door this afternoon, a loud knock..."JINKIES the cops" I thought....the jig is up!! Sure enough, the LEOs were at my door. I quickly dismissed running out the back door as I recognized the lady...and what she had in her hand.

I quickly opened the door and was told of a recent drug bust which produced some great treasures of old...MY BINDER OF COINS!!!!!!! I was able to open the binder and ID the coins as mine (which had already been done by the LEO, she knew about caching and checked ownership through the tracking numbers of a few), they had to go back at the time....something about evidence?? I'll get them back soon!!!

It's like finding an old friend, better than hitting the lotto (OK, I exaggerate a bit here)...it's just AWESOME!! All my coins which had been activated have been returned to me (well, will be soon). Now, no sign of my poor Maggie or the ammo box loaded with personals and event coins....but we'll take what we can get here!!!!

Outstanding!!! Good for you :grin:

We must have been being good, too... a Naughty/Nice List geocoin from Nochipra arrived today! Thanks so much for the trade :)

Yesterday received:

4 Rainforest Jewel

Today:

Naughty/Nice List geocoin from Nochipra.

Thanks much for resending the Naughty/Nice coin! We're all pretty sick around here this week and that was a very nice surprise :-)

I hope it's nothing serious and you're all back to normal soon!! TAKE CARE!!

The flu for sure :grin:

Have to get better soon else mightyzinn will drive me mad. He's going stir crazy and climbing the walls. Hasn't been out in over a week!

THANKS for all the great comments everyone. I don't have the coins yet, they are likely sitting in some evidence locker with an ugly tag on them (I have no idea, just imagining). I WILL get them back soon though, and from the quick viewing I had, they looked to all be there!!

I will ask the WONDERFUL LEO lady if she'll log them when I chat with her next, we'll see!! The whole story behind this is truly amazing, and as one has said, activating these coins is what brought them back home!! All (or most) of the coins in this binder were activated, the LEO checked the tracking numbers!!!

A few of the coins I recall being in the binder....my LACKEY!!!!! This coin was given me by Bryan at the MWGB...very special to me. My Jeep'en Jumpers coin, also VERY special to me...WOW!! Also, my gold LHD event coin, only 10 made...YIPPEE!! There were 72 coins, I can't wait to get "reacquainted"!!!

Wow, that is great Roddy! I've always kinda been torn between activating my coins or not but I usually do if I intend to keep them. With the ease of adopting coins now I think it makes sense to do so since they could always get lost or stolen. I have not really had a good chance to show off our coin collection yet to get anything on their pages and I'm not sure I want the discovered entries on them in case we ever wanted to get rid of any? I only don't activate the one's I may use as trades later. I think it is great that the police knew about geocaching and how to get them back to you. If you talk to the police any more about it I'd be interested in finding out if their whole dept knows about geocaching or if you got lucky and there was a police officer who just happened to know about it and how to find you?

The flu for sure :)

Have to get better soon else mightyzinn will drive me mad. He's going stir crazy and climbing the walls. Hasn't been out in over a week!

Oh man, I feel your pain! Hanna and Caitlyn have been sick with a bad cold all week now. Hanna spent the last two nights at her grandmother's house and I got a little break and she got out a little, but Cait has been home and in the house all week and cabin fever is about to set in... cabin fever as in "I'm about ready to head to the cabin out back pretending virulent, contagious fever and hide and let Micke handle the weekend :)"

Think it'd work?

Naomi... :o

The flu for sure :o

Oh man, I feel your pain! Hanna and Caitlyn have been sick with a bad cold all week now. Hanna spent the last two nights at her grandmother's house and I got a little break and she got out a little, but Cait has been home and in the house all week and cabin fever is about to set in... cabin fever as in "I'm about ready to head to the cabin out back pretending virulent, contagious fever and hide and let Micke handle the weekend :)"

Think it'd work?

Naomi... :)

Sorry to hear about all the sick one's. Just a little FYI. If the sick one's are full of congestion with the runny noses and such I would recommend the new product mucinex. I have a lot of allergies and congestion with it and this is the best stuff I have found for it. Doesn't really make you drowsy if you use the regular formula. I take the tablets. You may need to check with a doc or pharmacist to see if it is good for kids though. I swear by the stuff:) Here is their web site. http://www.mucinex.com/

THANKS for all the great comments everyone. I don't have the coins yet, they are likely sitting in some evidence locker with an ugly tag on them (I have no idea, just imagining). I WILL get them back soon though, and from the quick viewing I had, they looked to all be there!!

I will ask the WONDERFUL LEO lady if she'll log them when I chat with her next, we'll see!! The whole story behind this is truly amazing, and as one has said, activating these coins is what brought them back home!! All (or most) of the coins in this binder were activated, the LEO checked the tracking numbers!!!

A few of the coins I recall being in the binder....my LACKEY!!!!! This coin was given me by Bryan at the MWGB...very special to me. My Jeep'en Jumpers coin, also VERY special to me...WOW!! Also, my gold LHD event coin, only 10 made...YIPPEE!! There were 72 coins, I can't wait to get "reacquainted"!!!

Wow, that is great Roddy! I've always kinda been torn between activating my coins or not but I usually do if I intend to keep them. With the ease of adopting coins now I think it makes sense to do so since they could always get lost or stolen. I have not really had a good chance to show off our coin collection yet to get anything on their pages and I'm not sure I want the discovered entries on them in case we ever wanted to get rid of any? I only don't activate the one's I may use as trades later. I think it is great that the police knew about geocaching and how to get them back to you. If you talk to the police any more about it I'd be interested in finding out if their whole dept knows about geocaching or if you got lucky and there was a police officer who just happened to know about it and how to find you?

That's an easy answer! MOST at our local State Police post (and our city and sheriif as well) know something about caching...I went in and discussed caching with them a while back! I feel the LEO should be aware of caches in their district so they don't get too many "bomb" calls or whatever...and they have an idea what that person is doing in those bushes with that "cell phone" and ammo can!!

Not only that, but the LEO who brought the binder to me also dated my dad and knows me. Another thing that helped, I was recently (yeah, if last summer was recent I guess) interviewed and a full page story run about caching in our area. My picture along with a picture of my binder opened to some of my coins was right there for all to see and I had discussed this with the LEO lady over breakfast a few times!!

It's good to have relations with the LEO, it makes caching safer, and, as in this case, has added benefits!

Oh man, I feel your pain! Hanna and Caitlyn have been sick with a bad cold all week now. Hanna spent the last two nights at her grandmother's house and I got a little break and she got out a little, but Cait has been home and in the house all week and cabin fever is about to set in... cabin fever as in "I'm about ready to head to the cabin out back pretending virulent, contagious fever and hide and let Micke handle the weekend :o"

Think it'd work?

Naomi... :)

I hope they get better sooner!

Nothing worse than seeing your kids sick and restless... well, other than maybe having to listen to them endlessly when they are sick and restless ;-) Nothing wrong with sharing that responsibility!

We're better enough that if the weather allows we're off to get some fresh air, pick up an REI order and retrieve some coins that have been sitting in a couple nearby caches for way too long :-)

We just arrived home from Vegas and these are coins from the Meet and Greet event and in the bulk of mail waiting for us.

Meet and Greet:

Lackey 2007 From the man himself, Jeremy.

Colorado Garmin coin

Clay 4

whtwolfden

Mail:

Our personal coin wire wrapped, thanks Allan

Let it Snow coins

NERDS

and some fluttershy magnets, thanks allie.

A while ago I got a set of fam.bergen moose coins!

Yesterday I got 4 lovely v2 Rainforest Jewels!

I also got a package from Fluttershy with a couple of her new sig magnets and a pair of her nerds!

I got a specially made wire wrapped tadpole from oroborus!!

Today I got my snowflake coins from Hogwild!

So I have a pretty happy mailbox! :D:D

We just arrived home from Vegas and these are coins from the Meet and Greet event and in the bulk of mail waiting for us.

Meet and Greet:

Lackey 2007 From the man himself, Jeremy.

Colorado Garmin coin

Clay 4

whtwolfden

Mail:

Our personal coin wire wrapped, thanks Allan

Let it Snow coins

NERDS

and some fluttershy magnets, thanks allie.

CONGRATS!! And from Jeremy too...AWESOME!!

I had a great mail day:

2 bn Let it snow coins w/pin (did I order these or were these "ordered" for me???)

Another package from WI_Robin:

4 Nerdz: purple glitter, white glitter, turquoise glitter andblack glitter.

Wisconsin Chippewa Valley (copper??..very nice)

AN AWESOME WI_Robinpersonal....WOW, the glitter on this is INCREDIBLE, the birds are so colorful!! A beautiful coin!!!

THANKS Robin, very much uncalled for, but TRULY treasured!! :D

Each time I think it can't get any better, another package comes and proves me wrong. In the mail today I got 2 new coins which are now my new favorites.

LoriDarlin V1 Pewter

Do Unto Others

LoriDarlin Wooden nickel

LoriDarlin Cacher Tag

I suppose it isn't too hard to figure out who I got them from. Thank you so much for the trade Lori...your coins are just fantastic and truly an inspiration.

Edited by Theotokos

Today:

1 BN Let it Snow :D

1 Gold Let it Snow :D

1 BN Let it Snow Pin :D

1 package of digitalfish :D

Recently:

1 V.2 Ant. Copper Rainforest Jewels :D

1 V.2 BN Rainforest Jewels :D

1 V.2 Ant. Silver Rainforest Jewels :o

1 Ant. Silver Lord of the Caches B)

1 Ant. Gold Lord of the Caches B)

2 KC Historical Tour

WEGE #1

Geotiods - Red B)

iCache - Pink :)

Hurricane Katrina - Nickel :D

CF30

Today was one of those WOW THIS IS A GREAT COIN DAY!!! days.

We only got two packages but Wow what packages.

The first one was from dorkfish aka Karma and when I lifted it up I was like Wow this is heavy! Then I opened it and there was a the beautiful and HUGE Rainbow Bridge coin in black pouch I ordered from her. It is absolutely gorgeous and came with a laminated card explaining the meaning of the coin. Thank you so very much for creating such a beautiful coin with such a great message.

The second coin package was from ME and I thought to myself, I haven't exchanged anything with anyone from main? When I opened the package, there were 3 mailing envelopes with 3 coins in them and a note saying this was our White Elephant Exchange coins. I opened the first and there was a Cacher's Forest Preserves coin which is very cute and I love it. The second one I opened had a great TGBear coin with a matching pin which is adorable. And, the last one I opened, Wow, I almost fell out of my chair when it came out, a gold 2008 Exploring Alaska coin!!! This was one of the coins that was one of our top MOST DESIRED coins. Unbelievable!!! I thought we would never get one of those. Thank you so very much Joan aka NOT SURE YOUR GEO NAME? It was such a great surprise:)

The first one was from dorkfish aka Karma and when I lifted it up I was like Wow this is heavy! Then I opened it and there was a the beautiful and HUGE Rainbow Bridge coin in black pouch I ordered from her. It is absolutely gorgeous and came with a laminated card explaining the meaning of the coin. Thank you so very much for creating such a beautiful coin with such a great message.

The second coin package was from ME and I thought to myself, I haven't exchanged anything with anyone from main? When I opened the package, there were 3 mailing envelopes with 3 coins in them and a note saying this was our White Elephant Exchange coins. I opened the first and there was a Cacher's Forest Preserves coin which is very cute and I love it. The second one I opened had a great TGBear coin with a matching pin which is adorable. And, the last one I opened, Wow, I almost fell out of my chair when it came out, a gold 2008 Exploring Alaska coin!!! This was one of the coins that was one of our top MOST DESIRED coins. Unbelievable!!! I thought we would never get one of those. Thank you so very much Joan aka NOT SURE YOUR GEO NAME? It was such a great surprise:)

I am glad you liked it. You were lucky. I haven't been collecting coins for very long but had been reading the forums so when I saw a coin that really had meaning to me I bought extra. Alaska is my, if I ever take a vacation this is where I want to go so I bought quite a few of those. Then when I received your name and did the research I saw you wanted an Alaska and that one I had. I had a lot of fun sending out the coins. It was exciting having a coin you wanted.

I am glad you liked it. You were lucky. I haven't been collecting coins for very long but had been reading the forums so when I saw a coin that really had meaning to me I bought extra. Alaska is my, if I ever take a vacation this is where I want to go so I bought quite a few of those. Then when I received your name and did the research I saw you wanted an Alaska and that one I had. I had a lot of fun sending out the coins. It was exciting having a coin you wanted.

Well it was a whole lot of fun getting for our collection too, lol. Thank you so very much, you really made our day with all the coins you sent :P

Today, not in my mailbox but at an event: New Tiki Stackers in Bronze. (And got to admire Silver #1).

And the mailbox yielded: Rainforest Jewel V2

Relax it's only a Gecoin

Let it Snow

Ordered me my first tiki today :D Hopefully it went through, woohooo :D

Grey Owl LE: Thanks Bernice for the trade.

Handed a Gold Crappy Cache Award Coin at an event :)

Ordered me my first tiki today :D Hopefully it went through, woohooo :D

You will not be disappointed! And does that mean your paypal issues are behind you? I hope so!

jrr

I'm excited and no they are not behind me :) I took care of it another way.... nice to have a backup plan! We had a HI cacher at my event today (native MT though, home on holiday). He brought some Aloha weather with him, but we were all wishing for snow.

Not in my mail, more like in my driveway.

I had a knock on the door this afternoon, a loud knock..."JINKIES the cops" I thought....the jig is up!! Sure enough, the LEOs were at my door. I quickly dismissed running out the back door as I recognized the lady...and what she had in her hand.

I quickly opened the door and was told of a recent drug bust which produced some great treasures of old...MY BINDER OF COINS!!!!!!! I was able to open the binder and ID the coins as mine (which had already been done by the LEO, she knew about caching and checked ownership through the tracking numbers of a few), they had to go back at the time....something about evidence?? I'll get them back soon!!!

It's like finding an old friend, better than hitting the lotto (OK, I exaggerate a bit here)...it's just AWESOME!! All my coins which had been activated have been returned to me (well, will be soon). Now, no sign of my poor Maggie or the ammo box loaded with personals and event coins....but we'll take what we can get here!!!!

I'm a bit late here, but I'm so happy for you Rod. I really hope this leads to the rest of you stuff getting returned to you. :D:D I'll be waiting to hear more on this. :)

Today, not in my mailbox but at an event: New Tiki Stackers in Bronze. (And got to admire Silver #1).

Oh!!! *drooooooooolll* Lost all self control & ordered two! ;):laughing:

CF30

Where do you order these??? I'd LOVE to at least look and see if I can afford one....and possibly dream if I can't!! ;)

Well here is the link for the Tiki Coin, but I am sorry to inform you that they are now sold out :lol: .

They didn't last long, they went on sale yesterday.

Edited by Damenace

Oh!!! *drooooooooolll* Lost all self control & ordered two! ;):laughing:

CF30

Where do you order these??? I'd LOVE to at least look and see if I can afford one....and possibly dream if I can't!! :D

Well here is the link for the Tiki Coin, but I am sorry to inform you that they are now sold out ;) .

They didn't last long, they went on sale yesterday.

DIRTY POOL!! Well, I guess this is another to add to my "Heart's desire" list!!! :lol: