What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Jackhoe, these are pretty nice. I also got the Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest coin. I am glad as me mum was from Nottingham England. She was a war bride from WWII. Both of my parents are gone now but I have been over there a few times and visited the Major Oak at Sherwood Forest. Glad I have this nice coin which means something to me. I spent 3 months over there as a kid in 1958. and then returned 2 others times as an adult.

thanks for sharing,

MO Pirate

You're welcom.I fyou are interested I've four coins of this series available for trade (or sale)

• Robn Hood Geocoin #11, backside Friar Tuck
  • SHakespear's Birthplace Straford upon Avon Geocoin #105, backside The Bard of Avon
  • Merlin The Magigian Geocoin #111, backside King Arthur
  • Wickenwizard Geocoin #209, Wickenwizard.

The others I have is the complete set #13.

After being sick with the flu/cold for three days, received a envelope in the mail it was shiny silver and all that it said who it was from was in big letters what looked like to me a Capital HH, having no clue what this could be opened up the envelope and there there was a Silver Geocoin that says Seasons Greetings! HH on the back side it says KWANZAA in red lettering and underneath it looks like to be some kind of symbol, now looking at it looks like candles. I hope I am not totally off on this. Whoever you are that sent us this Mystery Geocoin I wanted to Thank You for lifting up my spirits and making me smile. It is so very kind of you to think of us. Happy Holidays To You and through out the year.

~Keep On Caching! ~Valarie and Barry of sweetlife

sometimes i bid on things on ebay - maybe to replace some of my favorite coins that i gave away, like this greenman - but when i bid i figure i'll never get it, surely someone will outbid me.

well, the last three coins i bid on, i have won the auction. surprise!

today the wonderful greenman arrived. looks and smells like the original plastic baggie and the coin is in a hard plastic protective cover as opposed to a flip. you know the one, you couldn't get it open with a crow bar, which is ok, because i don't want to open it anyway. i would love to know when these were minted.

8369076828_ce822eecbb_z.jpg

From the accompanying "Certificate of Authenticity":

Front:"The “Green Man” image, also commonly known as the leafy man, “Le Feuillou”, in French, and in German, “Blattqesicht”, is a primitive image. He is the “Green Man”, “Jack in the Green”, the “Old Man of the Woods”, “Green George” and many other things to many other men. Carved in stone or wood, rendered in stained glass, his face stares at us from the roof, windows, pillars, choir stalls, bench ends, fonts, screens, etc. of our great cathedrals and churches. The “leaf-faced” may also be found hidden away in corners of the church where he may be unnoticed by the general congregation. He can be recognized as a face, often grotesque, with foliage sprouting from his mouth, nose, eyes or ears. Alternatively, his face may be entirely composed of leaves. Similar images, blending a semi-human face with plant and foliage forms, occur in many cultures. One very stylish image of the Green Man comes to us through the Arthurian legend of Sir Gawain, also called the “Green Knight”.

Some believe those favored by the Green Man receive the gift of insight. The next time you are searching for a cache, imagine him looking at you from among the trees."

That is a really cool geocoin. I would like to add that one to my collection. I happen to carve Greenmen and here is one that I carved recently.

IMG_3118-003.JPG?gl=US

Jackhoe, these are pretty nice. I also got the Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest coin. I am glad as me mum was from Nottingham England. She was a war bride from WWII. Both of my parents are gone now but I have been over there a few times and visited the Major Oak at Sherwood Forest. Glad I have this nice coin which means something to me. I spent 3 months over there as a kid in 1958. and then returned 2 others times as an adult.

thanks for sharing,

MO Pirate

You're welcom.I fyou are interested I've four coins of this series available for trade (or sale)

• Robn Hood Geocoin #11, backside Friar Tuck
  • SHakespear's Birthplace Straford upon Avon Geocoin #105, backside The Bard of Avon
  • Merlin The Magigian Geocoin #111, backside King Arthur
  • Wickenwizard Geocoin #209, Wickenwizard.

The others I have is the complete set #13.

Yes, I would be interested in a trade for the King Arthur, John Bull and the Bard of Avon (shakespeare). Email me and let me know what I have you might want to trade.

thanks, mo pirate

Just received my first ever package from Switzerland, and what a wonderful couple of coins from CW88, zebra green glow2 and 12-12-12 rainbow. I think 12-12-12 rainbow is my new favorite coin. The detail is amazing. However to truly appreciate it all, you need to use a magnifying glass. laugh.gif Can't wait to see his next great project.sig_popcorn.gif

IMG_3316_zps9e75fbf5.jpg

Just got my first 4 geocoins to start my collection this weekend.

I received my first coin a Kansas first state cache coin last Thursday from geocaching.com. I love the look of this coin and the fact it comes with a large version and small version is great.

And Monday I received a Meades Ranch Benchmark geocoin from ELTADA and one of her personal geocoins. The Meades Ranch geocoin is amazing. And I love the design ELTADA used for the back of her coin. Pretty Sweet. Also got really fast responses from her and would completely do business with her again anytime.

I'm still looking for an Initial Point KS/NE benchmark geocoin if anyone out there has one they would sell to me. PM or Email me with offers.