What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

So not the normal thing posted on this forum, but I did get a geocoin in the mail. I called a coin home about 2 weeks ago of mine that had traveled about 10000 (though the 3700 miles to get to Britain didn't show on the page since we didn't dip it before we sent it over.) It has been two years, gone missing twice, so when someone picked it up after I had marked it as missing, I decided to ask them to mail it home and it just arrived. The coin is America for Me, a Pick Me Up micro geocoin.

The Tanny edition below:

Set800N.jpg

so if we are collecting them no one gets to see them they no longer traval? why?

Please do not assume that collectors are taking travelling coins. All true collectors purchase what they collect and trade and most have quite a few travellers in circulation as well. As to why everyone assumes that collectors are the reason that coins keep disappearing, it baffles me and makes me wonder how bad the state of the world is that the automatic assumption of non coin collectors is that theft is involved.

Edited by scificollector

A couple of very nice purchases:

tags_wms_lv.jpg

...and finally a place to put some of them :wub:

room-lv.jpg

It's difficult to get a good shot of them because the opposite wall is a window. Too much reflection, but this is the general idea.

cab1-lv.jpg

cab2-lv.jpg

cab3-lv.jpg

LOVE the cabinets!! Congrats you deserve them! I'm so jealous!! :)

Edited by Where'sMyMarbles

Just realized why there's so little activity here today... "Everyone" is at Geocoinfest! I'm happy for you.

I'm too far away from Geocoinfest, but I spent some time organizing/admiring my own coins. Some new coins will start their travels shortly, others have been added to my collection. Below are the most recent coins I have been acquainted with. One of them does not belong to me, and the Czech coin was technically not in my mailbox - I found it in a cache! First time I have seen one. But it's so nice that I let it sneak in with the mailbox coins anyway.

46a96e27-dafc-49f4-84f2-cb547b95fe12.jpg?rnd=0.05681854

a3b50a4c-8206-439a-ad5c-e0e523aef055.jpg?rnd=0.9537099

Most excellent coin package right here I must say :) ... Love the Geodesy waaay more than I thought. It even has a Patent number on the edge...??? The Captn Jons completes my set and The green Achers is neat to have again after getting it snatched with my whole geobag last Xmas :(

Very happy to get a like-numbered 3 coin set back of my personals, I have so few left, so thats really neat :D Thanks Pete!

as Maxx posted earlier this evening, i got a new camera that i'm still figuring out (problem one was figuring out how to attach the camera strap...okay, i'm old...so what !), and i'm having multiple problems with photobucket. i know there are other ways to get pictures that can be posted here, and hope someone can refresh my memory. i gotta bunch o coins that i would like to post here, but am unable...any help?

ILYK
Edited by drneal

as Maxx posted earlier this evening, i got a new camera that i'm still figuring out (problem one was figuring out how to attach the camera strap...okay, i'm old...so what !), and i'm having multiple problems with photobucket. i know there are other ways to get pictures that can be posted here, and hope someone can refresh my memory. i gotta bunch o coins that i would like to post here, but am unable...any help?

ILYK

I am sure there are other (better) ways to do this, but I don't know how to use photobucket at all. To upload a photo to the forums, I just upload it first to one of my cache pages or TB/coin pages. Then I right click on the link on the cache page, copy the properties of it, and paste that into the forum. Then I delete it from the cache page to which I loaded it.

ILYK

for photobucket...

1) click the "UPLOAD" or "UPLOAD MORE" button

2) click the "BROWSE FILES" button (the drag and drop is a little iffy) to open your folder with all your photos in it.

3) select all your photos (make sure you've built a folder with ONLY the ones you want to load first)

4) click the "OPEN" button - this returns you to the page and shows your pics as little mountain icons

5) click the "UPLOAD" button - you'll see you pics show up below the little running advert after a few seconds/minutes

6) click "VIEW LIBRARY" button

7) click on any photo you want to display

8) your picture will show up fullscreen and a little box will show on the bottom right that says "IMAGE LINKS"

9) click anywhere on the little url code displayed to the right of the "IMG CODE" text to instantly copy the link info

10) go to your forum post (preferably in a different web browser window) and paste it by holding down the Control key on your keyboard and hitting the letter "V".

The little link will show and once you complete your post the photo will appear :)

Sounds like a lot of steps, but it's actually VERY easy once you've done it just once. After that you just scroll through your images copying and pasting the image link info to your posts and voila!

The shown coin is one of five different test coins received today.

DK_Titan 2012 Test coin 2" / 3 Tone (Polished Silver / Smoky Black / Antique Bronze & Dark Blue Glitter)

6627+2243x2243.png

Don't stand between Dr Neal and that coin :D

doggie coin!!! doggie coin!!! schnauzer doggie coin!!! schnauzer doggie coin!!! mine, mine, mine!!!

ILYK