What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

I got an "I" Geocoin for free yesterday. Another cacher had sent out a proxy of one of his coins, and I sent him an email letting him know that the lamination had failed. The proxy got wet and hard to read. He asked me to send it back to him, so I did. In the mail, I received an unactivated "I" geocoin and one of his personal pathtags. I could'nt believe it. Thanks BKButtons!

I got an "I" Geocoin for free yesterday. Another cacher had sent out a proxy of one of his coins, and I sent him an email letting him know that the lamination had failed. The proxy got wet and hard to read. He asked me to send it back to him, so I did. In the mail, I received an unactivated "I" geocoin and one of his personal pathtags. I could'nt believe it. Thanks BKButtons!

Very nice for both counts :)

Very recent additions to my collection though 1 was hand delivered :D a very special thank you to MissJenn glad you enjoyed the weekend it was a blast see you next year :)

001-34.jpg

I LOVE the kitty coin!! :wub:

I think I saw it here somewhere on the forums. What's the name or who made it?

Nomesquad's Personal follow this link

The last gifts for our event, key chains from jpbarr, arrived two days ago. This week, there were also some very much wanted coins for myself. :) The ToL was bought from another geocacher, it is not the one I ordered from Scavok. If his family is indeed finishing up the orders, I will think of something fitting to do with the spare one.

43a1407f-cd87-4ca0-a189-400b14721bc7.jpg?rnd=0.9726182

What a pleasant surprise when I received a package from a new friend I met at GWX!

6dfc89d7-d788-46d4-a293-56a03ef66720.jpg?rnd=0.02065152

0cf0a7db-6cd6-4729-89db-2cefe91c0759.jpg?rnd=0.9100703

WOW!!!!! amazing!!! your nickel is beautiful and this new... well it looks like a price trophie! Is it in glass or acrylic plastic? it is really amazing!!!! Congrats!!! :D

Very recent additions to my collection though 1 was hand delivered :D a very special thank you to MissJenn glad you enjoyed the weekend it was a blast see you next year :)

001-34.jpg

hahahaha the cat coin is so cute!!! and the Lackey coin!!! WOW!! Is that the version that only lackeys can give? WOW! congrats my friend! :D

This is what June brought to my collection;

Coins2012-06.jpg

A close up of two special engraved ones;

83405df8-78fe-4796-b73e-5878cc35f0f0.jpg

cf6c8c64-1a63-488f-9404-7c3487867243.jpg

Pretty engravings!!! so in 19 days there is a big day for you! :D in case I will forget it.. Happy birthday my friend! :D

I hope I will not forget to wish you in the right time too!

tokens!! wow! what was their use? to buy food, drinks or something else? a kind of event money?

it sounds interesting!

Hi Gatoulis, The tokens were used as event money for drinks and food on the Event GME in Naarden the Netherlands.

Do you want this token?

Edited by pingos

Ok, so it wasn't in the mail box, but it was a geocoin and it made my day. We went to Groundspeak HQ and I grabbed three trackables and left some. I grabbed a geocoin and when I got home, geocaching.com told me that it was unactivated. I went through the list of tbs in Groundspeak HQ and I did not see any of this kind of geocoin there. It didn't have a mission attached either and it had activation information. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Here is the coin...

32572f1b-1b3a-4d30-b799-6c35bda934ec.jpg

I can't tell what metal the coin in the picture is but the one in my hands is gold with the the dragon on the back being silver/nickel.

Ok, so it wasn't in the mail box, but it was a geocoin and it made my day. We went to Groundspeak HQ and I grabbed three trackables and left some. I grabbed a geocoin and when I got home, geocaching.com told me that it was unactivated. I went through the list of tbs in Groundspeak HQ and I did not see any of this kind of geocoin there. It didn't have a mission attached either and it had activation information. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Here is the coin...

32572f1b-1b3a-4d30-b799-6c35bda934ec.jpg

I can't tell what metal the coin in the picture is but the one in my hands is gold with the the dragon on the back being silver/nickel.

Here ya go...info on the coin when it was first introduced in 2006

" Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

OK. Finally, after a couple of months of intense prep work… my first geocoin is READY!

Behold…

Double Dragon Geocoin!

Front*

* Please note that only the two-tones option would have the silver dragon effect.

Back

I am now taking RESERVATIONS for the Double Dragon Geocoin! Click here dwprods.com to reserve your coins today! The coins have not been ordered from the coin mint so this reservation process will give me a rough idea of the quantity. Order will be placed in a couple of weeks or so. Buyer should expect receiving coins in Early July.

Coin stats:

Diameter: 1.75"

Thickness: 3mm

Metal: I have not decided on metal yet, but the options are: Gold, Antique Silver; Antique Copper, or Two-tones (Gold/Nickel Dragons)

If you have a strong preference, make sure you put it in the comment field!

Trackable on geocaching.com

Custom prefix tracking code (DWXXXX)

Custom icon

Estimate Shipping Date: Early July, 2006

Coin Sales and Shipping Information:

Domestic Sales

1 coin: $10.00

2-5 coins: $9.40 ea

6-10 coins: $9.00 ea

11-15 coins: $8.75 ea

15+ coins: $8.50 ea

FREE Shipping and Handling (domestic only)

FREE Delivery Confirmation (domestic only)

Residents in state of CA adds 8.25% sales tax

Optional Domestic Insurance Available

1-5 coins: $1.50

6-10 coins: $2.50

11-20 coins: $3.50

Shipping to Canada

Add $1.00 for first coin, $0.50 for each additional coin, per order

Shipping Outside US and Canda

Add $2.00 for first coin, $1.00 for ach additional coin, per order

All sales in USD.

PayPal (credit card accepted) strongly preferred. However, cashier checks are also accepted (Please contact me at derek@dwprods.com for details)

Faster shipping available upon request.

Reserve your Double Dragon Geocoin now!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at derek@dwprods.com! "

tokens!! wow! what was their use? to buy food, drinks or something else? a kind of event money?

it sounds interesting!

Hi Gatoulis, The tokens were used as event money for drinks and food on the Event GME in Naarden the Netherlands.

Do you want this token?

oh... yes!! :) these tokens except from a geocaching item, have also a place in a coin collection! since they were used as a kind of payment...they are private tokens... so private money! I collect things like that!

tokens that are used to pay things even localy or just in a store, event etc.. are a kind of money! what is the difference between them and the beer tokens in a beer festival? both are event tokens and you can buy something to eat or drink... I have a beer token... it was a gift from a geocacher! :D now I am trying to find something that I heard it exists.. but I am not sure if it is true.. some of the beer tokens are made of paper.. like tiny banknotes.. :laughing:

Oh.. is the token cheap or it is expensive? and if you know.. how much was its value? I mean...it was equal to 1 euro? 2 euros?

I wish we had event;s like that here too... but...

Edited by GATOULIS

I guess I spoke too soon. I did get a coin in the mail today.

Mirpets Tree Geocoin: Spring Edition

b85fad04-b4b3-4102-86f4-80c0bf1b8b1d.jpg

When we were at Groundspeak HQ I bought two geocoins also...

Lackeys 2010 geocoin (this thing is a 2.25 inch coin, which looks huge in one's hand!)

7dd686af-b2e5-4c67-9d5b-e4759ebabd98.jpg

And a Groundspeak HQ Log the Lillypad geocoin, which I can't seam to find a picture of and I don't feel like taking one right now.

it sounds interesting!

Do you want this token?

oh... yes!! :) these tokens except from a geocaching item, have also a place in a coin collection! since they were used as a kind of payment...they are private tokens... so private money! I collect things like that!

tokens that are used to pay things even localy or just in a store, event etc.. are a kind of money! what is the difference between them and the beer tokens in a beer festival? both are event tokens and you can buy something to eat or drink... I have a beer token... it was a gift from a geocacher! :D now I am trying to find something that I heard it exists.. but I am not sure if it is true.. some of the beer tokens are made of paper.. like tiny banknotes.. :laughing:

Oh.. is the token cheap or it is expensive? and if you know.. how much was its value? I mean...it was equal to 1 euro? 2 euros?

I wish we had event;s like that here too... but...

Haha, The token is from plastic and the value is not high. We could buy on the event 10 tokens for 7 Euro. I think 2 tokens for 1 beer :D

This GME mega event in the Netherlands was last year (2011) for the last time. We all will mis this great event!

Sent me you address.

Oh thank you soooo much!!! you are so kind!! :)

??? this mega event will stop?? Iti s leaving from the Netherlands to go to an other country or it is stoping at all??

If iti s stopping... why??? :( were these in use in all events or just the last one?

WOW! beer for 2 tokens... is it a bottle or a big glass? this is cheap!! great! :)

I will send you my address right away my friend and once again thank you so much!! :)

Sorry, I should have put a quote with it. I was talking about the person that posted previous of me, and now that I look at it he just got 19 coins or so. There has been much worse. I guess the double change of timezones clouded my mind up! :laughing:

I actually got 23 coins this week. :D

There were four more in my mailbox when I got home from vacation yesterday.

This geocoin was in my mailbox this weekend:

4d020931-29da-4e6c-9537-7b0a77ae39a3.jpg?rnd=0.2866785

The coin is called "Fonnåsspenna". It is a copy of a 1500 year old piece of jewelery that was found in Rendalen, Norway, and was made at the initiative of a Norwegian geocacher.

The coin can be bought from http://geosjappa.com/, but the website has recently been up and down. I should also warn you that the price is a bit higher than the average coin, probably due to Norwegian import taxes. I got one that is available for trade, if anyone is interested.

This geocoin was in my mailbox this weekend:

4d020931-29da-4e6c-9537-7b0a77ae39a3.jpg?rnd=0.2866785

The coin is called "Fonnåsspenna". It is a copy of a 1500 year old piece of jewelery that was found in Rendalen, Norway, and was made at the initiative of a Norwegian geocacher.

The coin can be bought from http://geosjappa.com/, but the website has recently been up and down. I should also warn you that the price is a bit higher than the average coin, probably due to Norwegian import taxes. I got one that is available for trade, if anyone is interested.

WOW Marie!!! Congratulations my friend! What a design!!! amazing art!!

Well.. was the old piece made of silver or gold?

Got this nice coin yesterday

0353de73-abdb-4980-ba42-33540643398a.jpg?rnd=0.7323354

Like the clay bike coins, who/where are they from?

JackHoe made them for his 50th birthday event.

Original thread

Actually I made the Original Dutch Clay Coin because I will be 50 on the 25th this month. The event was to give people the possibility to get one by trade, congratulate me with my birthday and for the coinlovers to see my entire geocoincollection (and even discover them all) B);)

Another coin for my collection found its way into my mailbox this week! Just two more Spinning Top coins and I have the set! (That's black nickel and antique gold, just in case anyone out there wants to make a trade. :D)

mailbox20120720a.jpg

I also found this at a local store. Decide for yourself if it is geocoin related. ;)

mailbox20120720b.jpg