What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Some great additions to my collection in March:

mrz2012komplk230dhow6y.jpg

top row: 3 x Mercator, German Reviewer 2011

2nd row: 2 x BlueRajah, Wolfpack AE

3rd row: Compass Rose 2006 Gold, Coinfather, Kreis Borken

last row: Peaceful Dove and Tree of Life (TO / Blue on .925 Shiny Silver & Brass 2-Tone)

IMG_NEW-8-5.jpg

ILYK

A few days away from the forum and a lot of coins I don't know about appear in different posts. First, where is that cuckoo clock comes from? Second, where did you get that really cute dog? :rolleyes:

the "frog clock geocoin (time to cache) and the easter bunny geocoin both came from geocoinshop.de...the wooden dog geocoin is an e-bay only special

ILYK

the "frog clock geocoin (time to cache) and the easter bunny geocoin both came from geocoinshop.de...the wooden dog geocoin is an e-bay only special

ILYK

Thanks drneal for the info! I would have prefer the copper clock but that one is sold out :( I will get a bunny instead, it's so cute :D

I received four coins this week to add to my collection.

The first three are from this year's Gemeenterace in the Netherlands.

mailbox20120418a.jpg

The last coin has taken me a long time to track down. It is probably one of the most sought after coins in Europe and has eluded me for a very long time. I have bothered, bribed, begged, and badgered nearly every cacher and coin collector I know in Holland to try and help me track this beauty down!

Finally, with a lot of help from good friends, I now have this coin for my very own! Thank you everybody! You know who you are!

mailbox20120418b.jpg

It is a pity that nobody around here will know the significance of this coin when I display it at events.

It is a pity that nobody around here will know the significance of this coin when I display it at events.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I think I know some of the story. First I'd like to congratulate you with this coin. I'm really jealous now :wub: . I know the owner of "Het Gele Bussie", Barny, and see him every now and them on events. This man is an icon in the Dutch caching community; many love him, some don't, but almost everybody knows him one way or another.

I hope I can find one of these too for my collection B)

I'm not sure what you mean, but I think I know some of the story. First I'd like to congratulate you with this coin. I'm really jealous now :wub: . I know the owner of "Het Gele Bussie", Barny, and see him every now and them on events. This man is an icon in the Dutch caching community; many love him, some don't, but almost everybody knows him one way or another.

I hope I can find one of these too for my collection B)

I really just mean that nobody here will know how hard it is to get one of these. :D

Nice bonus with the GS C&P Club set- the 'Turtle-kinz' tag. But newer collectors be aware that the tag is a DUPLICATE/PROXY for the coin= send the bonus out traveling and you're activating the coin. Just noting in case you like to keep your coins unactivated for trades etc.

First thing I thought was "Wow, they threw in a tag this month!" Glad I looked closer and noticed it was marked as a dupe, or I coulda ended up a dope!

Sivota really has been busy! Last week I received a beautiful coin and card from her. It's the Nidaros cathedral coin - one if the few coins produced in my own country, and one that fits very well into my collection of cathedral coins. Thank you so much, Sivota!

2ce16048-53aa-4f2b-86b8-0ed935a7905d.jpg

Edited by mamoreb

DSC_0946.jpg

This is what I've acquired in the last couple of weeks as my keepers. So proud! Hey, we all had to start a collection somewhere, right?

I love getting geo-mail! It makes the days between finding caches a little more interesting.

(edit: typos - I kant speel)

Edited by Nomesquad

This collecting thing has gotten dangerous! I don't know that I'll be able to stop! Here are some of the more recent treasures found in my mail box

DSC01692.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

How do you already have the High Seas Adventure coin?? I've registered for the event and ordered coins, but am told I have to wait til we set sail :sad:

How do you already have the High Seas Adventure coin?? I've registered for the event and ordered coins, but am told I have to wait til we set sail :sad:

I picked it up from one of Avroair's fundraising auctions to help pay for the event. It's probably one of my favorite coins, pictures really don't do it justice