What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

i found a pile "o" coins sitting on my scanner today...i'm fairly certain i've psoteed some of them sometime in the past, but i'm feeling just a little too lazy to figure out which, so forgive any duplications from past posts...ladies and gentlemen (along with everyone else,) my pile "o" coins!

IMG_NEW-6-2.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-2-1.jpg

IMG_0002_NEW-1-1.jpg

IMG_0003_NEW-1.jpg

ILYK

WOW!!!!! All are sooo pretty but I admit that I loved 2 more than the others.... The shark Tooth (it is from a white shark!) and the ship shape coin....

I have a real white shark tooth from a shark that was caught in Leros island in the 1980's! It is very sharp!!!

I also have a pin of a ship... an WWII Italian torpedo boat... that the ship shape geocoin reminded me..... WOW!!! of course this is a cruizer ship... and not a battle ship but.... :)

I got a couple in the mail as well this week, both from winning cointests. First one was Pastor_B New Years Day cointest where mamoreb & I tied and he awarded us both a SE Iowa 11-11-11 coin. The other came as a complete surprise from LadyBee4T awarding me a victory coin from the GC GeoFootball Pool. A surprise because I had highly sought after it since I missed Tsun's sale of them. Thank You to both for making my week :D I haven't been able to stop smiling since receiving them.

006-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

Awesome day for the mailbox! No bills..... no junk mail.... just a huge envelope full of coins from winning the ESPN fantasy football coiners league.

The Booty!

42a26b7a-47cf-4bd3-9528-d9fecf8ab401.jpg

Lots of neat coins in here.... the railroad one is awesome! Got the football coin which I will definitely keep in my collection to remember victory by. Powers of 10 is also nice. Thanks to all who participated.... and thanks Starwolf for holding the league!

every once in a while a coin just reaches out and grabs you. i think i first saw this coin on the geocoin forum(but who knows,) quite a while ago, and it was such a coin. one of my most wanted coins for quite a while, the "Crystal Fairy" appeared in my mailbox today...

IMG_NEW-2-1.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-2-4.jpg

ILYK

every once in a while a coin just reaches out and grabs you. i think i first saw this coin on the geocoin forum(but who knows,) quite a while ago, and it was such a coin. one of my most wanted coins for quite a while, the "Crystal Fairy" appeared in my mailbox today...

IMG_NEW-2-1.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-2-4.jpg

ILYK

A super looking coin Doc Congratulations, hoping you'll have it to show at ASPGB

These are the adds to my collection from januari;

Coins2012-01.jpg

A great start of the year :D

The Raven coin - second coin, fourth row, next to the DNF coin - What is that coin??? And how do I get one??? Must. Get. One!!!

CF30

That looks like the XLE Foggy Gold/ Silver Raven Geocoin from here.

Looks like that version is sold out though.

These are the adds to my collection from januari

The Raven coin - second coin, fourth row, next to the DNF coin - What is that coin??? And how do I get one??? Must. Get. One!!!

CF30

Yes, that's right. It is the The Raven Geocoin Foggy Gold / Antique Silver XLE

CF30

I liked the black version and asked if there would be anymore available...the answer is of course, nevermore!

ILYK
Edited by drneal

CF30

I liked the black version and asked if there would be anymore available...the answer is of course, nevermore!

ILYK

:laughing: :laughing:

CF30

ILYK

:laughing: :laughing:

Well, I ordered an ant. copper one.

CF30

I picked up these coins over the weekend. Not so much 'In Your Mailbox' as 'exchanged for in the parking lot'.

mailbox20120207a.jpg

what's the coin on the right side of the third row?

ILYK

That is the Gulliver & Dauphin Blue personal coin. It is non-trackable, was minted in Lachine, Quebec, and only 50 were made.

I think it is one of the nicest metal-only coins I have seen.

I picked up these coins over the weekend. Not so much 'In Your Mailbox' as 'exchanged for in the parking lot'.

mailbox20120207a.jpg

I think I still have 2 of them

what's the coin on the right side of the third row?

ILYK

That is the Gulliver & Dauphin Blue personal coin. It is non-trackable, was minted in Lachine, Quebec, and only 50 were made.

I think it is one of the nicest metal-only coins I have seen.

You lucky d.... person :D You got the newest TJ all because you had a tiny little bo bo :P Hope your feeling better B)

A tiny little bo bo? A tiny little bo bo you say? I thought you compared it to Tommy John surgery? AND I won't be able to pitch in the Bigs so I have to cross that off my bucket list as undone!! :cry::cry:

:P :P Lots of rehab ahead but I'm optimistic! Thanks!

Besides I got it because of my great smile and sunny disposition. ;) It's a great coin!

drneal, nice to see you got a Wild Rose coin there. It's an oldie but a goody :rolleyes: I just finished a puzzle cache that was put out around that time. It's been out for a while, I know, but now I am finally getting into puzzle caches and this was a neat one I could do by myself. GCZEWG

wait a minute...are you saying the coin is an oldie but a goodie, or that i'm an oldie but a goodie?

ILYK

drneal, nice to see you got a Wild Rose coin there. It's an oldie but a goody :rolleyes: I just finished a puzzle cache that was put out around that time. It's been out for a while, I know, but now I am finally getting into puzzle caches and this was a neat one I could do by myself. GCZEWG

wait a minute...are you saying the coin is an oldie but a goodie, or that i'm an oldie but a goodie?

ILYK

Both:P , especially the 'goody' part.

I don't usually post here but I have had a pretty good stretch of mailman visits.

Here is one of the coins I got in the 8th Mathtrade...

34759ca7-ea6d-4e77-a64c-9ae11ed33942.jpg

And another one of some purchases, a mission, and a victory on WSRs BINGO Bug...

b15ec0d8-cac8-4db1-b32b-6bb7048239d9.jpg

The bottom right is a 2011 Compass Rose LE. A gift from a great friend. It never made it to my mailbox, but I wanted to share.

Recent arrivals....

A set of my personals! I was able to get these back from a friend who is selling off his collection. I now have some to trade again. LOL

A pirate coin trade and winnings from the football fantasy league.

a0f7b33f-9cf7-4de4-85fc-a45f9fb914c9.jpg?rnd=0.4678422

This next coin is the MIGO (Michigan Geocaching Organization) Silver Coin Award. They award 5 of these a year at the annual Winter Social. I was absolutely dumbfounded when they called out my name this past weekend! I'm told the look on my face was priceless. :lol: I almost wasn't able to attend because I'm still not allowed to drive after my surgery but thankfully some nearby cachers picked me up on their way to the event. I am very honored to have been chosen for it. I am very humbled too but I still have to show it off!!! :P

1578d25a-0212-4550-aa16-b6c09b43363a.jpg?rnd=0.5609183