What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

just getting settled back in from a weekend at the mwgb...all coins were dipped not once, but twice into my mailbox...

Wait a minute, here's the coin...proof of the elusive creature's existence!

Ladies and gentlemen (and everyone else too,) allow me to present for the very first time on a geocoin, the never before seen.......

wait minute...what are the dogs barking at? There's a foul stench in the air...I'll post the coin later today...if I survive!

ILYK

all is well...the dogs were barking at a squirrel in the backyard, and the as for the foul stench, well, let's just say I had Mexican food for dinner last night, and I'm old!

so with no further delays, members of the geocoin forum let me introduce the never before seen blue tongued laval....

IMG_NEW_0004-2.jpg

the image has been captured forever on a trackable geocoin, and due to the graphic nature of the image, is a one of a kind. the only question now, is should the coin be sent to the authorities in Toledo, auctioned to the highest bidder, or sent to the blue tongued laval as a peace offering?

ILYK

I think I better mail the coin....really quick!

just getting settled back in from a weekend at the mwgb...all coins were dipped not once, but twice into my mailbox...

Ladies and gentlemen (and everyone else too,) allow me to present for the very first time on a geocoin, the never before seen.......

wait minute...what are the dogs barking at? There's a foul stench in the air...I'll post the coin later today...if I survive!

ILYK

all is well...the dogs were barking at a squirrel in the backyard, and the as for the foul stench, well, let's just say I had Mexican food for dinner last night, and I'm old!

so with no further delays, members of the geocoin forum let me introduce the never before seen blue tongued laval....

IMG_NEW_0004-2.jpg

the image has been captured forever on a trackable geocoin, and due to the graphic nature of the image, is a one of a kind. the only question now, is should the coin be sent to the authorities in Toledo, auctioned to the highest bidder, or sent to the blue tongued laval as a peace offering?

ILYK

Here goes my reputation :o I have no regrets, I had so much fun at the Bash. Blue is my favorite color and it fitted very well with the event t-shirt :laughing:

Thanks drneal for this kind gesture ;) Now I have to find a name for this colorful coin :D

ILYK

IMG_NEW_0004-2.jpg

ILYK

Here goes my reputation :o I have no regrets, I had so much fun at the Bash. Blue is my favorite color and it fitted very well with the event t-shirt :laughing:

Thanks drneal for this kind gesture ;) Now I have to find a name for this colorful coin :D

See I told you it was friendly and nice.

In praise of sneaky wives!

My lovely wife presented me with this coin today as an early anniversary present. The little sneak went behind my back and asked another local cacher to enter the lottery for this coin after hearing me lament (apparently quite a lot) about my chronic bad luck and the remote odds of being able to get one myself.

Well, I was right. I didn't get one in the lottery. But the other guy did. It arrived this week and I got it today.

My wife's plan was probably to give it to me on our anniversary in September but I've likely caused her some worry after drooling over the one that was on eBay this week. :D

mailbox20110816.jpg

(now I'll have to see if she can work another miracle and get me the 'BEDANKT' version!! :lol: )

My lovely wife presented me with this coin today as an early anniversary present. The little sneak went behind my back and asked another local cacher to enter the lottery for this coin after hearing me lament (apparently quite a lot) about my chronic bad luck and the remote odds of being able to get one myself.

Well, I was right. I didn't get one in the lottery. But the other guy did. It arrived this week and I got it today.

My wife's plan was probably to give it to me on our anniversary in September but I've likely caused her some worry after drooling over the one that was on eBay this week. :D

mailbox20110816.jpg

(now I'll have to see if she can work another miracle and get me the 'BEDANKT' version!! :lol: )

Congrats!

mailbox20110816.jpg

Congrats!

OMG! That's great news Chuck! and kinda interesting because I told my husband I would sell mine to someone I knew that really wanted the coin (you) and now I don't have to! YAY! we both WIN!!!!:lol: Please give your wife a big hug from me too!

mailbox20110816.jpg

That's not a sneaky wife .. That's a keeper :) Congratulations

So sweet! I was shocked when my husband recoginzed my geocoin collecting interest.. or new addiction if you want to call it that... ( we've been geocaching together for a while) and bought me an engraved 30th birthday coin. I love things like that!

Congrats on being the 20,000th person to post in this thread!!

This is the 20,000th reply!!

Where's the geocoin to commemorate this feat!??? :laughing:

Tell you what, I'll send sheltiedogshowlover a geocoin as a prize for reaching this momentous point in this thread! :)

018c5060-89d4-4edb-9e70-9d1eafdd3e3f.jpg

Today we are checking our own geocaches because we will attend GCF 2011 in Cologne, Germany this weekend; and a few days later we will be heading to the USA (Yellowstone-Teton-Durango etc.) for 4 weeks. :):)

At one of our caches I put in a new logbook and when I stand up again I suddenly see a Warrior in the blazing sunshine. WOW! What a surprise, the Mystery Warrior is in Europe and visiting the city of Amsterdam.

I am so HAPPY to meet such a great person!

Another big suprise is that I get one of his beautiful coins!!

Many many thanks Mystery Warrior for this fantastic surprise. :D

Loves, Marjon

Today we are checking our own geocaches because we will attend GCF 2011 in Cologne, Germany this weekend; and a few days later we will be heading to the USA (Yellowstone-Teton-Durango etc.) for 4 weeks. :):)

At one of our caches I put in a new logbook and when I stand up again I suddenly see a Warrior in the blazing sunshine. WOW! What a surprise, the Mystery Warrior is in Europe and visiting the city of Amsterdam.

Loves, Marjon

Oh wauw, can I see it next friday?

Loves, Marjon

Oh wauw, can I see it next friday?

Yep! :D:)

At the GFC 2011 in Cologne yeasterday 1 and today 4 mystery coins, so 5 in two days. This was the best coinfest ever (at least for me, but that's easy, it was my first). Foto's and stories will follow this week when I'm at home. But believe me, I haven't got enough words to express my feeling of joy now.

Just came home and took a quick picture of the 5 mysterie coins (sorry for the quality of the pics). If I'm right they are;

The Warier, Close Encointers, Mr. Gray, Are You A Loonatic, Honu Turtle (please correct me if I'm wrong):

*photo removed on request*

5mysteriecoins3.jpg

I'm quit busy now and want to tell more in the right threads later this week.

Needless to say I'm verry happy with these and still looking for words. I don't know why this happend to me, but it feels realy great. Just a short thank you for all the givers. There will be more words when I'm more at ease.

Edited by Eartha

The thread of the Warrior is closed, so I make my last mystery post here. If you read my other stories, you know my visit to the GeocoinFest 2011 in Cologne was awesome. I had such a good time meeting people from this forum and talk, trade with them or buy. But that wasn't all. I was given 5 mystery coins in this weekend. Realy unbelieveable. This is a short story of how I received the first mystery coin this weekend:

When we were walking to the event, we passed a shop wich had Star Wars items in the window. There i saw a picture of Darth Vader. I had seen the coin of pingos and I said: look at the picture, that's different from your coin. I would like it to be like that picture.

When I came back in the hotel, I found this coin in one of my pockets. I don't know how it got there, but you can imagine I was ....short of words. Wauw, this coin in this Limited version. How can that be. And I can ask to adopt it. My weekend can not get any better.

And here it is:

TheWarriarMysteryGeocoin1.jpg

TheWarriarMysteryGeocoin3.jpg

What a super weekend this was. Thank you all very very much mystery coin givers.

Edited by JackHoe

The thread of the Warrior is closed, so I make my last mystery post here. If you read my other stories, you know my visit to the GeocoinFest 2011 in Cologne was awesome. I had such a good time meeting people from this forum and talk, trade with them or buy. But that wasn't all. I was given 5 mystery coins in this weekend. Realy unbelieveable. This is a short story of how I received the first mystery coin this weekend:

When we were walking to the event, we passed a shop wich had Star Wars items in the window. There i saw a picture of Darth Vader. I had seen the coin of pingos and I said: look at the picture, that's different from your coin. I would like it to be like that picture.

When I came back in the hotel, I found this coin in one of my pockets. I don't know how it got there, but you can imagine I was ....short of words. Wauw, this coin in this Limited version. How can that be. And I can ask to adopt it. My weekend can not get any better.

And here it is:

TheWarriarMysteryGeocoin1.jpg

TheWarriarMysteryGeocoin3.jpg

What a super weekend this was. Thank you all very very much mystery coin givers.

I saw the coin that Pingis got from the Warrior and it is so stunning. Congratulations on getting this great coin!

:ph34r:

So sweet! I was shocked when my husband recoginzed my geocoin collecting interest.. or new addiction if you want to call it that... ( we've been geocaching together for a while) and bought me an engraved 30th birthday coin. I love things like that!

Congrats on being the 20,000th person to post in this thread!!

This is the 20,000th reply!!

Where's the geocoin to commemorate this feat!??? :laughing:

Tell you what, I'll send sheltiedogshowlover a geocoin as a prize for reaching this momentous point in this thread! :)

These are the coins which were added to my collection in august, before GCF 2011 Cologne;

Coins2011-08.jpg

And after the GCF 2011 these were added:

CoinsGCF2011-1.jpg

Awesome for you!! :)

In the second picture, what is the coin in the top left corner. And what is the coin top row, third column. Thanx!

Not exactly coin related, but I did recieve this card in the mail today..

DrNeal.jpg

Thank you for the donation in Max's name Dr. Neal, it is a very touching thing to do and please know that me and my family do appreciate it very very much.

JohnMac56, I'm so sorry about Max. I am a furrever feline lover. It is wonderful what you are doing in his memory.

drneal, you are truly incredible.

And after the GCF 2011 these were added:

CoinsGCF2011-1.jpg

Awesome for you!! :)

In the second picture, what is the coin in the top left corner. And what is the coin top row, third column. Thanx!

The one on the top left is a Block Paty Tag (TB4KY1D)

The third one on the top row is Marvelous Nature (TB4H8YC)

Last month there were some glow in the dark coins added to my collection. I thought it would be nice to show what I've got now. So here's the biggest part of them.Try to find the new ones ;)

Glowinthedarkcollectie.jpg

Aw man! I've been looking everywhere for an NL glow!! ;)

Congratulations on a great bunch of coins!