What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

just getting settled back in from a weekend at the mwgb...all coins were dipped not once, but twice into my mailbox...

a hot, but great weekend with many geocaching friends, the highlight of which, was late nights in area 51 just talking and taking in the sights (okay, I and a few others made our trip to the tiki bar, but that's another post.) there was also a rare creature sighting, but that also remains another post!

ILYK

Time for an important update...a picture of the rare creature has emerged and has been sent to me.....coin to follow!

ILYK

finally, a glimpse of the oh so elusive creature....coin to follow!

IMG_NEW-27-3.jpg

ILYK

400! WoooHoooo!

My thoughts exactly!!!!!

Ah, but clicking over to 401 it will be 20,000!!! :o

(I think that deserves a geocoin being produced!!! :laughing:)

Should make Drneal produce it since at least 5,000 of those posts belong to him :laughing:

I resemble that remark...speaking of which...the last weeks coins..

IMG_0001_NEW_0001-7-1.jpg

ILYK

I also temped the power of the Federal government. I placed the coins I got a MWGB in the mailbox, so far my door have not be broken down. Here is the picture.

Got to go, I hear someone at the front door.

How much did the mystery coins go for?

Not as much as I excepted.

just getting settled back in from a weekend at the mwgb...all coins were dipped not once, but twice into my mailbox...

a hot, but great weekend with many geocaching friends, the highlight of which, was late nights in area 51 just talking and taking in the sights (okay, I and a few others made our trip to the tiki bar, but that's another post.) there was also a rare creature sighting, but that also remains another post!

ILYK

Time for an important update...a picture of the rare creature has emerged and has been sent to me.....coin to follow!

ILYK

IMG_NEW-27-3.jpg

ILYK

I remember seeing that creature. If I remember correct it is friendly and nice.

today I received a mailer, but not knowing what it could be i was a bit confuzed until i got it open and found this:

DSC_0389.jpg

Thank you so much Drneal! Your generosity is astounding. :D

I really love the coin, and especially being in black nickel, my favorite finish :ph34r: . It is so beautiful and I can't wait to share it with KDT when he gets home from work

Thank you, thank you thank you!

Just got my first ever shipment of coins today. Now that leads to more questions, as I am a very newb to the coin collecting.

Should I get activation codes for them or not? I read from a poster that he/she would never trade or buy a coin that was already activated.

Do I keep them in the little clear plastic sleeve they came in, in addition to the softer clear plastic cover?

How am I supposed to identify them? I looked up the "names" that are still online, but I got a grab bag of coins, and I have no idea how to tell what one is. The others are easier to describe.(red fireplug w bulldog on it, ammo can, etc)

One is a beautiful gold red and green "snowflake" looking coin that has 6 points and 12 signs of the zodiac (at least I think they are) and lots of triangles. No idea what it is. (from the grab bag)

Thanks!

Just got my first ever shipment of coins today. Now that leads to more questions, as I am a very newb to the coin collecting.

Should I get activation codes for them or not? I read from a poster that he/she would never trade or buy a coin that was already activated.

Do I keep them in the little clear plastic sleeve they came in, in addition to the softer clear plastic cover?

How am I supposed to identify them? I looked up the "names" that are still online, but I got a grab bag of coins, and I have no idea how to tell what one is. The others are easier to describe.(red fireplug w bulldog on it, ammo can, etc)

One is a beautiful gold red and green "snowflake" looking coin that has 6 points and 12 signs of the zodiac (at least I think they are) and lots of triangles. No idea what it is. (from the grab bag)

Thanks!

Easiest way to find names of coins is to go to the trackables page and in the top space put your tracking number (the number on the coin). It will come up with a screen that says 'so and so geocoin' is not activated, would you like to activate it? you don't have to, but now you have the name of the coin, and you've even gotten a peek at the icon.

Thanks!

Once upon a time it was a good idea to grab the activation codes as you received coins - while you still remembered where that particular activation code had to be sourced from - but these days all activation codes can be got from the geocaching.com site so there is no need to get them at the time of arrival. You really only need to get them if you are activating your geocoins.

If your coins are going into you personal collection for just you and friends to look at (and you don't want people logging discoveries against them), then don't activate them. If you intend to sell them later on, then don't activate them.

If your coins are to send out travelling, or you want to put them in your collection and then take the collection to events for other to see and discover the geocoins, then you will want to activate them.

To get the correct names of coins, go to the tracking part of the geocaching.com website and enter the tracking number from each coin. It will come back and tell you the the coin is unactivated, but it will also give you the official name of the coin.

Will let someone else answer the storage question.

Thanks!

Post pictures of the coins. Some knowledgeable person will be able to identify them.

Besides, we'd love to see 'em. :anibad:

CF30

ILYK

ILYK

IMG_NEW-27-3.jpg

ILYK

I remember seeing that creature. If I remember correct it is friendly and nice.

the coin is here...small children, the faint of heart, and perhaps even the moderators should consider turning off their computer monitors at this time. Now where's that coin...

IMG_0001_NEW-6-4.jpg

no that's not it...this creature was spotted hanging around area 51 late at night, but not the creature in question.

definitely seen at the mwgb, but the creature pictured on the coin I'm looking for was seen walking upright..this one could only slither

IMG_0001_NEW_0001-7-2.jpg

the right color and the right attitude, but still not the right coin...

IMG_0001_NEW_0002-1.jpg

wrong color and just not scarey enough...

IMG_0002_NEW-2-4.jpg

again, the right color, but I don't think the creature was "clowning" around...

IMG_0002_NEW_0001-2-1.jpg

we did have a devil of a good time at the bash, but this isn't the creature either...

IMG_0003_NEW-1.jpg

How'd this coin get here...it's me back when I had a full head of hair...scarey, but still not the coin...

IMG_0003_NEW_0001-1.jpg

did some trolling for caches with heine and maxx, but this is still the wrong coin...

IMG_0003_NEW_0003-1.jpg

nope, not it...

IMG_NEW-30-1.jpg

Wait a minute, here's the coin...proof of the elusive creature's existence!

Ladies and gentlemen (and everyone else too,) allow me to present for the very first time on a geocoin, the never before seen.......

wait minute...what are the dogs barking at? There's a foul stench in the air...I'll post the coin later today...if I survive!

ILYK
Edited by drneal

Wait a minute, here's the coin...proof of the elusive creature's existence!

Ladies and gentlemen (and everyone else too,) allow me to present for the very first time on a geocoin, the never before seen.......

wait minute...what are the dogs barking at? There's a foul stench in the air...I'll post the coin later today...if I survive!

Great lead to the coins drneal... keeping us hanging...