What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

I am at work with no way to take a picture, nonetheless, I didn't feel like I could wait.

I went to the mailbox and pulled out a package from Tasmania - my long-time trading buddy, Greenie's gift to me. I ripped it open, thinking it would be one of my "Top Five" geocoins and a geocoin I dared not even name fell into my hands - an AE Carousel Horse.

:o:wub::o:wub::o:wub::o:wub::o

Bless you, Liz. This geocoin means a great deal to me and you knew it - I suspect this is your very own sent as a gift from the heart.

I'm just gobsnobbered. Thank you, thank you, thank you, girl.

:ph34r:

Is your seeking list up to date?

Here's some coins I received from friends sent me this week...

3b185e14-b037-470c-bfd3-44329a5f5422.jpg

Love the Manatee with the duck ring! Can you tell me more about it? :D

It was a donation to a local event (along with the hummer). All I know is that it is called "Manatee". The event is in Florida so everyone will want it. Thanks Liz!

Edited by Tennessee Jed

Yaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! The mail lady came today for the first time in what feels like forever, and what does she bring me?

2009 Compass Rose. Today is a happy day!!

2838a2de.jpg

c0bdcd29.jpg

Cool!!

How do you get on with the Mail strike and bills? Do companies just let people away with them going into over due, or does it create headaches for everyone?

Very nice, MoonCat & KTD!

No mail for me for some time, but yesterday I got a 2007 Compass rose in my cache! That must be pretty rare. Unfortunately it was not for me to keep. I have mailed it back to the owner, who was worried that it might get muggled. Can't blame her for that, I wanted to muggle it myself! :)

My mialbox brought me a wonderful surprise.. and a very sad disappoinment yesterday. Sivota graciously sent me a surprise coin in the mail that she had gotten on a trade and thought would fit into my collection! (Thanks for thinking of me!!)

Sadly the mailer was torn and only the card was left in the envelope. :(

That's no good! I've had a couple of packages lately where the edges of envelopes were very nearly worn through. The problem normally arises when coins are not secured inside the package and they move around, quickly wearing through the edges of the envelope. One of the ones last week that was doing this was from a geocoin store! (I must let them know.)

My mialbox brought me a wonderful surprise.. and a very sad disappoinment yesterday. Sivota graciously sent me a surprise coin in the mail that she had gotten on a trade and thought would fit into my collection! (Thanks for thinking of me!!)

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. It was a Canine Cachers 2006 geocoin.

Since I don't collect dog themed coins I thought you might want to have it.

This is the third time this happens in some years and I realy feel bad about this.

Well, dogs cross my path every once in a while and I hope the next one will stay in the mailer.

Since my internet at home is down I can't post pictures.. but my sadness of the day before quickly passed as I got a new mailer yesterday!

Thank you so much Drneal! The coin from the math trade came (Rochester Maze GPS coin)and it's very neat. I hadn't seen the coin before but I'm from Rochester NY. It has the Rochester Museum and Science center logo on the back which is pretty cool. It's not dog themed but this one was local and intriqued me!

The big surprise though was not this neat coin that I knew was coming! It was instead the hitchhiker in the envelope with that coin. A lovely "Kathy's Coin" has been added to my collection. It's just stunning!! Even more beautiful then I could have imagined. I'll treasure it and keep a place in my binder next to it for the new one when it comes out!

thank you!

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. It was a Canine Cachers 2006 geocoin.

Since I don't collect dog themed coins I thought you might want to have it.

This is the third time this happens in some years and I realy feel bad about this.

Well, dogs cross my path every once in a while and I hope the next one will stay in the mailer.

Thank you for thinking of me anyhow!

Math trade coins, a gift from Pingos (thank you!) and a couple of purchases:

aaf4e027-ff79-45b1-b181-4d22670f29be.jpg

I'm sure my bear collecting dad will love the bears, but can you imagine which one is my star?

Earth Turtle Oceania Bora Bora! :wub:

b3001926-7e3d-4f16-af4b-435c183122d6.jpg

Edited by mamoreb

According to this coin I own a piece of Mars now:

6a40acc7-7000-4f33-a583-7d541f2caf6f.jpg

34f6cad6-af18-4a04-825d-02b7c9539986.jpg

So I think it's time to arrange a space caching trip :D

Beautiful coin but I see a number....and I am wondering....does this says that your coin is the 726 of the 4000 that were minted? So.... 4000 were made????

but then I see a lot number 10/273.....

I am confused :blink:

According to this coin I own a piece of Mars now:

6a40acc7-7000-4f33-a583-7d541f2caf6f.jpg

34f6cad6-af18-4a04-825d-02b7c9539986.jpg

So I think it's time to arrange a space caching trip :D

Beautiful coin but I see a number....and I am wondering....does this says that your coin is the 726 of the 4000 that were minted? So.... 4000 were made????

but then I see a lot number 10/273.....

I am confused :blink:

I'm gonna make a wild guess that the lot number (010/273,) and sub parcel numbers (0726/4000,) refer to the parcel of the planet mars that you become owner of with the purchase of the coin. These coins look really familiar...I gotta wonder if Venus is next?

ILYK

My box was stuffed today. Which doesn't really say much since its quite small. But today was a special day having received my very first Mystery coin.

Found%252520it.jpg

I also received a new purchase.

railroad.jpg

The rest was a car door handle i ordered a while back. It'll be nice to open the driver door without having to reach out the window.

Edited by mpilchfamily

SO I've been kinda down since there haven't been any mailings in my mail box lately..

So I got home today and started to make fiesta lime chicken.. and found on the cutting board a black tin with a piece of paper that said "geocache" on it..

I opened it and found a Happy Birthday coin, personalized with "Happy 30th Birthday Jill" from the best husband ever.

I dipped it in my mailbox just to be fair! It's got rinestones and blue glitter. It's very cool!!

2dahrig.jpg

SO I've been kinda down since there haven't been any mailings in my mail box lately..

So I got home today and started to make fiesta lime chicken.. and found on the cutting board a black tin with a piece of paper that said "geocache" on it..

I opened it and found a Happy Birthday coin, personalized with "Happy 30th Birthday Jill" from the best husband ever.

I dipped it in my mailbox just to be fair! It's got rinestones and blue glitter. It's very cool!!

2dahrig.jpg

Congratulations with your birthday, the nice coin and the best husband ever. :)

Here's some coins I received from friends sent me this week...

3b185e14-b037-470c-bfd3-44329a5f5422.jpg

Love the Manatee with the duck ring! Can you tell me more about it? :D

It was a donation to a local event (along with the hummer). All I know is that it is called "Manatee". The event is in Florida so everyone will want it. Thanks Liz!

Someone hasn't been reading the forums properly lately (yes that would be me!). Glad they arrived Chuck, and that adorable little manatee is a very special edition that I got from AtlantaGal. More info on them can be found here sheltiedogshowlover http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=203138

I am at work with no way to take a picture, nonetheless, I didn't feel like I could wait.

I went to the mailbox and pulled out a package from Tasmania - my long-time trading buddy, Greenie's gift to me. I ripped it open, thinking it would be one of my "Top Five" geocoins and a geocoin I dared not even name fell into my hands - an AE Carousel Horse.

:o:wub::o:wub::o:wub::o:wub::o

Bless you, Liz. This geocoin means a great deal to me and you knew it - I suspect this is your very own sent as a gift from the heart.

I'm just gobsnobbered. Thank you, thank you, thank you, girl.

:ph34r:

Is your seeking list up to date?

Hehehe gobsnobbered - I love it!! :laughing: But yes it was a special one I wanted you to have because you have been so generous to me (and others). I hope it gallops nicely with the other horsies (and lions and tigers) on your carousel :anibad:

Now THIS is more like it!!!!

5d472279.jpg

a8b9c985.jpg

My first tranquility!! <3

a2568924.jpg

WOW!! lovely coins!!! :D Congrats my friend! :D

Hmm... the piece of eight geocoin... I remember that there was a cointest asking to make the icon of this coin.... I am wondering what happent! is there an icon for it? :)

Tranquilities are adorable!!! Unfortunatelly I can not find a lot of info about my tranquility...I have a german gold one... but I do not know how many were made... Probably all versions are LE....

June/Beginning of July brought some fun stuffs.

2ypfzu8.jpg

Some math trades, some trades, a mission coin (Natasha), some purchases, and some wonderful gifts (like Kathy's Coin, and my Birthday coin!)

I decided that cows and sheeps (maybe ducks) can come play with the dog coins since my dogs herd them all. :-) The pig was a gift so he gets to stay with the other barnyard animals. :-) The wood tear drop, pig, the two labs and the small "taco bell dog" are non-trackable but still cute. The Signal coin is a Rochester NY coin (my home town).

Edited to say I'm sorry Kathy's coin is upside down!! :sad:

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover

2a9r2hk.jpg

Wohoo! My flock of doves has arrived from Geowoodstock.. and they came with their own herding dog! The coin is fantastic Laval K-9! Thanks to Steven for being my trading proxy. I have to go through and see which one's I'm missing now. :lol:

I can't wait to get my flock of GW9 Doves!

Finally some coin mail this week - a couple of Solomans Seals from the Maths Trade, and my April Geocoin Club Goin!?? (USPS First-Class International is really fast - posted on 13th April!!!! Exactly 3 months to the day for delivery!)