What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

amazed, humbled, and grateful...

So, I'm scanning this thread admiring Jedi Mickey (and many other Mystery coins) and out of nowhere, RedShoesGirl contacts me and tells me she is sending her mystery coins to me as a gift (as long as I promise not to sell them and to give them a good home if I ever part with them)...

WELL...

2ff3df00-60f8-4827-9ffb-b16eecf9a248.jpg

Wowzah!

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

> pay it forward begins!

My link

Edited by Pastor_B

So, I'm scanning this thread admiring Jedi Mickey (and many other Mystery coins) and out of nowhere, RedShoesGirl contacts me and tells me she is sending her mystery coins to me as a gift (as long as I promise not to sell them and to give them a good home if I ever part with them)...

WELL...

Wowzah!

> pay it forward begins!

My link

WOW - congrat's Pastor_B

WELL...

Wowzah!

> pay it forward begins!

My link

Good fortune has been bestowed upon you from a gracious person, I think Confucius said that first :lol: Congrat's

WELL...

Wowzah!

> pay it forward begins!

My link

Awesome coins. Love the alien head.

WELL...

2ff3df00-60f8-4827-9ffb-b16eecf9a248.jpg

Wowzah!

> pay it forward begins!

My link

you're welcome three times! i sorta figured the mystery coins were mine just for a while and it felt very good to send them on to someone else.

Edited by RedShoesGirl

I received a package from Fox-and-the-Hound yesterday that was totally unexpected (well, it was sort of expected because I got an email awhile back asking for my correct address ;) ). When I opened the envelope I found a letter thanking me for the work I have done on the Mathtrades. And there was also this:

mailbox20110412.jpg

Thank you so much!! That's a really sharp coin, and it made my day. :D :D :D

I received a package from Fox-and-the-Hound yesterday that was totally unexpected (well, it was sort of expected because I got an email awhile back asking for my correct address ;) ). When I opened the envelope I found a letter thanking me for the work I have done on the Mathtrades. And there was also this:

mailbox20110412.jpg

New dog Coin, New dog coin :lol:

ILYK

mailbox20110412.jpg

WOW - that is so cool! As is the coin - agreed, it is very sharp!

And a big GOOD ON YA for Fox-and-the-Hound for doing that. :)

mailbox20110412.jpg

Well deserved of a great looking coin :)

mailbox20110412.jpg

Oooohh! Awesome coin!! Looks like it is VERY shiny! :D

Got in the last weeks some very special coins:

00867152qdg71sepn.jpg

Earth Turtle 2010 Petroglyph and 3 coins that I won in the charity auctions on the e-place: Year of the Rabbit (AE), Maple Leaf Netsuke Geocoin (AE) and New World Order 2tone.

Wow! Great coins! I like the color of the year of the rabbit. Congrats on the wins! Very nice of you! :)

Thanks!That's what I'm trying to do! I am a dog person so I figured trying to at least keep my collection to dog themed coins would be a start..lol. The darkest before dawn coin was bought because I went through my hardest times with my dog Dawn.. who is a blue merle (grey & white) so I thought it fit the theme even though there's not a dog on the coin..

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover

My next set of new coins!

The geodog coin we'll activate and put on our dogs collar! I'm very excited about that one. :D

One word of precaution, if you put a coin on your dog's collar, try to make sure it's protected in some way. I got a coin for my geodog, and it didn't take long for the metal to rust/corrode to the point where you couldn't even read the tracking numbers anymore. :( Granted, I have a St. Bernard so part of that was the power of slobber. :laughing:

Beautiful dog coin collection you have going there, though!

The geodog coin we'll activate and put on our dogs collar! I'm very excited about that one. :D

One word of precaution, if you put a coin on your dog's collar, try to make sure it's protected in some way. I got a coin for my geodog, and it didn't take long for the metal to rust/corrode to the point where you couldn't even read the tracking numbers anymore. :( Granted, I have a St. Bernard so part of that was the power of slobber. :laughing:

Thanks for the advice! actually my dogs don't wear their collars other then when we go hiking or traveling. Being a part time dog trainer and having a sister who's a vet tech we've seen too many dogs get collars stuck in fences, crates, etc. with horrifying results. Our dogs are tattooed in case they get out when at home, and we put collars on them when we're traveling.

It'll probably be a coin we activate and take with us when we take one of the geodogs (we have 4) so we can log they were with us on the find. :D

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover

Thanks for the advice! actually my dogs don't wear their collars other then when we go hiking or traveling. Being a part time dog trainer and having a sister who's a vet tech we've seen too many dogs get collars stuck in fences, crates, etc. with horrifying results. Our dogs are tattooed in case they get out when at home, and we put collars on them when we're traveling.

It'll probably be a coin we activate and take with us when we take one of the geodogs (we have 4) so we can log they were with us on the find. :D

Here is a true geodog that has been caching since 2003 and has 8553 finds and 17 hides...

Bulli the Wonder Dog

Our dog also only wears her collar when we take her for walks and such (she's an indoor dog), but that happens at least twice a day, so it got a lot of wear and tear. :)

I'm wondering if there's some sort of epoxy coat that's possible to give a coin to help with durability when it comes to dogs? I know it's possible for the mint to do an epoxy coat, but I mean an aftermarket version.