What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

all trades...and a bonus laparotomy pad for cleaning coin!

ILYK

Oh!!! nice scarab!!!! what is the name of that coin??

That's not a coin...I really need to clean the house more often!

ILYK

:D I'm with GATOULIS.. What coin IS that???

Glad to see the ones I sent got there.

all trades...and a bonus laparotomy pad for cleaning coin!

ILYK

Oh!!! nice scarab!!!! what is the name of that coin??

That's not a coin...I really need to clean the house more often!

ILYK

:D I'm with GATOULIS.. What coin IS that???

Glad to see the ones I sent got there.

it's the aureate hemiptera puella sig item!

ILYK

ILYK

Sure it is, drneal. :unsure: That was on the tip of my tongue. :P

Hey, it's all greek to me too (well maybe not greek or gatoulis would have translated!)

ILYK

welll it is latin not greek! :lol:

When there are things we do not understand here in greece... we say "these are chinese!" :lol:

Signature item??? Is if made out of fimo?? It is amazing!!! hmm.. I have to find one! :)

ILYK

Sure it is, drneal. :unsure: That was on the tip of my tongue. :P

Hey, it's all greek to me too (well maybe not greek or gatoulis would have translated!)

ILYK

welll it is latin not greek! :lol:

When there are things we do not understand here in greece... we say "these are chinese!" :lol:

Signature item??? Is if made out of fimo?? It is amazing!!! hmm.. I have to find one! :)

IMG_NEW-12-2.jpg

ILYK

It's all "acrabadabra" to me, we say in the Netherlands

I translated/looked up the separate Latin words:

aureate = golden/brown colored

hemipterea = an order of insects

puella= girl

Mmm....Golden Girl Bug??? :laughing:

so close!

ILYK

ROFL..Drneal made my sig item famous!

wow!! GBG!!! amazing job and amazing signature item!!!

so close!

ILYK

:laughing: I see the picture above my post now. Don't know how I missed that before :blink:

It's a great sig item GoldBugGirl

Thanks, Sivota & Gatoulis--it's amazing sometimes what spray paint can do! I'm still chuckling over Drneal putting my plastic sig item in the photo with the coins!

so close!

ILYK

:laughing: I see the picture above my post now. Don't know how I missed that before :blink:

It's a great sig item GoldBugGirl

Thanks, Sivota & Gatoulis--it's amazing sometimes what spray paint can do! I'm still chuckling over Drneal putting my plastic sig item in the photo with the coins!

That is really funny - and a great sig item! Excelent idea. You shouldn't have spilled the beans (plastic) so fast - but you could probably sense the trade offers coming!? :D

Today's mail contained only tax stuff... But here's what has arrived over the few weeks:

dsc1298y.jpg

Top row: Heddal stavkirke - Norwegian geocoin 2008 - ZeeZee the turtle

Bottom row: Li'l Dreamer! :wub: Antique copper - antique gold - satin gold - GCF2010

I have extra traders for some of these.

Been waiting for this one for a while!! :D

photo14-1.jpg

Is that a crystal compass? Where is the tracking number?

it is a crystal compass, the back side has the tracking number etc engraved on the back. It's called a Crystal Compass Rose. I had to doctor the picture a bit as you could see the tracking number through the coin.

Thanks for the information. Does anyone know what these were made from? Where could someone find a glass disc like that?

photo14-1.jpg

it is a crystal compass, the back side has the tracking number etc engraved on the back. It's called a Crystal Compass Rose. I had to doctor the picture a bit as you could see the tracking number through the coin.

Thanks for the information. Does anyone know what these were made from? Where could someone find a glass disc like that?

Email sent

Email sent

Thanks, I received the email.

I know that the coin was made by sandblasting, but what I don't know is where the glass came from. Is that some sort of optical glass such as a sight glass from a boiler?

Email sent

Thanks, I received the email.

I know that the coin was made by sandblasting, but what I don't know is where the glass came from. Is that some sort of optical glass such as a sight glass from a boiler?

It's not super heavy, and I don't know my glass but this is what the website said:

Born from the deserts of western Asia, the Crystal Compass Rose Geocoin® is made of pure glass and available in three different shades of color. Each coin is individually cut from very thick glass. The coin features a compass rose design on the front side with text on the backside. The compass rose design is extensively sandblasted into the front side to provide a deep relief image for a quality feel. The coin is then put through a delicate hand polishing process to give it a crystal clear appearance. The hand polishing process provides numerous small, flat, and slightly refractive surfaces on the edge making each coin subtly different from another.

The Crystal Compass Rose Geocoins® are approximately 2" in diameter and 7mm thick. Each coin is trackable on Geocaching.com, and each colored version of the Crystal Compass Rose Geocoin has its own unique icon. The tracking numbers are engraved directly into the surface of each coin preserving its permanence.

Size: 2" diameter and 7mm thick.

Glass Types:

- Earth Stone Brown

I really dig the Czech stone.... How are those produced and colored I wonder? It would be neat to have one made of slate from Italy... I love to shoot pool and billiards.... Of which the expensive tables are made from Italian slate.

It looks like the stone is cut and polished to a high gloss. Then the text is laser engraved, removing the polished layer. The lizard is applied afterwards and is either silkscreened or painted using a stencil (the toes on mine are a bit blurred).

Something special today :)

f75d6a26-f344-4346-a75c-478feea9547c.jpg

(i will not keep them all, but i´ll have to decide first... Maybe i´ll have some traders for my htf-seekers later... The seller i got them from knows this - and gave his ok to trading/selling for me)

congratulations!

ILYK