What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

The month of February was one of the hardest times of my life...but the geocoins coming in was a comfort to me.

The Math Trade started it off, then I made a nice trade with TMA for lots of non-trackables as well as a few that are trackable:

tma1.jpg

tma2.jpg

Row 1:

Evil Chicken; Fire Elemental; kd&prettierhalf; FlyinV; Team CoyChev; Panowege Kids

Row 2:

Team Sand Dollar 2005; Double Dragon sample; Camp Explorer 2006; Camp Explorer 2005; Geocacher University; Randaddy 2007

Row 3:

March 2006 GCC Cache Hunters; AtlantaGal 2007; Mrs. Moops; LoriDarlin 2007; Graylling 2006; 4Musketeers Micro

My random purchases/trades rounded things out:

feb1.jpg

feb2.jpg

Dawning Hope 2010 - Sea of Tranquility; GC&P Club January - The Winged Disc and February - Mardi Gras Masquerade (w/ pins); Forest Kami set; 3 of the Cache Rewards coins; and 2 of my geoheart's desires, the Red Joker's Wild Poker Chip and the Beach Ball Micro.

Awesome coin month!!! You're pictures of coins are always amazing!

I love the personals that you obtain, as always thank you for sharing, especially since I usually get to hold them!! :) )

Lots of great pics lately--enjoyed seeing the Math Trade hauls, then came some mother lode shots from Geoquino, Ruud4d, JackHoe (OMG!!!) & Nikon-ing! Some sweet coinage arrived in my mailbox during February, too (the middle row coins are Math Trades, top left is my fabulous prize from Lomtomsilver's Super Bowl cointest) :D :

6061d4de-4d70-4710-8359-e785fd468863.jpg

edited for less glare

BEAUTIFUL!!!! So happy for you GoldBugGirl!! Thank you for sharing!! I LOVE the Mardi Gras Masks!! :D

As I arrived home from class today, I noticed that the mailbox was propped open a bit. I hurried over and snatched out a bubble mailer from chickahominey. Funny... Becuase I hadn't ordered or traded anything as of late. I scurried inward the house and before I could plop down on the couch I had the sucker opened. Out popped a couple of styrofoam peanuts and "Kate returns with vengeance" mystery coin. I don't know what to say... Other than thank you so much! I don't know why I was chosen... But I hope that I am worthy. My wife and I love scary stories/movies. Maybe I will visit kate's homeland one day :) thank you so much chickahominey!

Last week I received five mystery coins to be auctioned off for the Macmillan Cancer Support Center. Sorry for the long post!...

wow.

Yesterday I got this for my collection.

46def22f-b4ea-42a4-96cf-cec80fffb4ed.jpg

wow!!

And finally today I got four mystery coins (two to donate to a local c.i.t.o. event).

d19f4091-d4f0-4e5a-b5f2-040276623254.jpg

wow!!!! wow!!!!! :laughing: ok, i officially jealous!

In my mailbox today...

e120578e-5375-4d96-b496-e9c41de547c1.jpg

The New Zealand Recreation GPS Society 2010 Geocoins!

Two versions, 2 editions:

Top Row: Pike River Antique Silver Limited Edition; Canterbury Earthquake Antique Copper Regular Edition

Bottom Row: Pike River Antique Bronze Regular Edition; Canterbury Earthquake Antique Silver Limited Edition

Have listed a couple of regular editions on eBay as a fundraiser (linked above) for the 22nd Feb Christchurch Earthquake - so please bid generously. Thanks.

i am in non-trackable heaven! oldies but goodies and lara is thrilled. thanks to 2bugs i was able to add these coins that i have long wished for to my little collection.

5495294812_bf988149b5_o.jpg

5494703097_286645c046_o.jpg

Those goblin dust are cool! Had never seen one of those. And what is the unga bunga guy second from the left on the top row? Like that one, too!

i am in non-trackable heaven! oldies but goodies and lara is thrilled. thanks to 2bugs i was able to add these coins that i have long wished for to my little collection.

Those goblin dust are cool! Had never seen one of those. And what is the unga bunga guy second from the left on the top row? Like that one, too!

from top left: avroair v1, Potlatch 2007 - LE Silver, goblin dust V2 and V1.

bottom: dhenninger, 2bugs V1, 2bugs doubloon (very heavy and thick, distressed to look old) and trez pirates, another oldie

the goblin dust and avroair are particularly hard to find. or at least they have been for me!

These are the first coins I have purchesed and recieved through the mail.

The first, "Friends of Caching I" my first coin purchase through Ebay.

The other two from web site store.

Actually recieved these last week but have not had time (could figure out how to insert an image) untill now.

Let me try again to add the image

COINSFEB2011small.jpg[/img]

Edited by farrtom

bottom: dhenninger, 2bugs V1, 2bugs doubloon (very heavy and thick, distressed to look old) and trez pirates, another oldie

the goblin dust and avroair are particularly hard to find. or at least they have been for me!

Did the avroair v1 also come in Antique Silver, or is that a different version? ThHanks.

Did the avroair v1 also come in Antique Silver, or is that a different version? ThHanks.

i don't know about the antique silver. i have just seen pics of the gold. maybe avroair can chime in.

rsg

These are the first coins I have purchesed and recieved through the mail.

The first, "Friends of Caching I" my first coin purchase through Ebay.

The other two from web site store.

Actually recieved these last week but have not had time (could figure out how to insert an image) untill now.

Let me try again to add the image

COINSFEB2011small.jpg[/img]

pretty nice group! welcome to the addiction. :)

Wow it has been a great week, Bay Area Mask, GCC Happy Samhin and Bronze forest Kami, and today my trade with Avroair, Cosmic Compass and AR Geocachers coin. :laughing:

Edit to add:

Forgot my Kitchen Sink Mission- a box FULL of stuff I mean FULL!!! and a Sphinx mystery cache coin, a micro SC coin, April showers coin (GCC April 08), & geocoinfest 07 coin

Great Week!

Edited by Tonyalynnm

A few days ago I got this package in a trade from Greece...well...Rhodes to be more exact. Thank you Nikos. on the right are rolls of 1 cent and 2 cent coins that will end up packed up collector style and placed in Caches.

f9a6a5eb-ba25-4f14-aa69-5de45fe504dc.jpg

those greek coins are VERY cool! and what a good idea to package nicely and put in caches. what type of package are you thinking about?

lara

imag0335u.jpgimag0337y.jpgimag0336m.jpg

Got my 1 of 75 Czech stones in the mail finally! Didn't realize that mail coming from the Czech Republic was slowing down due to the surge of e-commerce from the US... Either way, this coin is amazing! Thick too - made from what seems to be granite. This is NEVER being traded, considering I'm half Czech :P

A few days ago I got this package in a trade from Greece...well...Rhodes to be more exact. Thank you Nikos. on the right are rolls of 1 cent and 2 cent coins that will end up packed up collector style and placed in Caches.

f9a6a5eb-ba25-4f14-aa69-5de45fe504dc.jpg

those greek coins are VERY cool! and what a good idea to package nicely and put in caches. what type of package are you thinking about?

lara

I made some last year too, Each coin goes into one of those holders that looks like a phote slide, then the 1 and 2 cent coins go into oposing halves of a vinal coin flip. so the "Trade item" has both coins.

I made some last year too, Each coin goes into one of those holders that looks like a phote slide, then the 1 and 2 cent coins go into oposing halves of a vinal coin flip. so the "Trade item" has both coins.

great idea and packaging sounds perfect. hmmmm, now i wonder where i can get some greek coins. ;)