What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

The 10-10-10 geocoin prompted some trades which got me trading other coins as well. So between all the trades and purchases, I have had some really great trips to my mailbox recently! Thank you to everyone who has traded with me...it has been a pleasure. And a reminder to everyone who is enrolled the missions coming up, please update your seeking lists! I have noticed during some of my reserach that there are some of you who have such short and tricky lists... :santa:

Here are some pics of what's come in over the last few weeks....

65bfd39a-8f71-42c6-902e-c4ed70fd4335.jpg

e6cb4ed6-650f-4c18-9c2e-606e434be9c0.jpg

520adf59-b09b-45e1-b5d8-6bd19bb4cb66.jpg

3ecc6fb3-a0fc-4e15-a91e-5b4a53ecf30c.jpg

f4ff3091-674a-480a-a302-574aabd12d73.jpg

ce75fdcb-69a8-483a-ba44-baae574f6445.jpg

7c774ca8-c25c-4032-b3b5-ac0c8bf28feb.jpg

025d5a0b-5d27-436e-9b81-5b08cef98bc6.jpg

one purchase came in today...but a beautiful coin..

IMG_NEW-21-1.jpg

ILYK

Oh my....!!!!!! A kite!!!! What a prety coin!!!!!! we use kites here during the carnival and especially the "Clean Monday" where we do not eat any meat, eggs etc... this day shows that after exactly 40 days we will have Easter! it is also the last day of the carnival! At that day you can see thousands of kites in the air here in Greece!

It is surelly an amazing coin!!! Is it a micro?

IMG_NEW-21-1.jpg

ILYK

Oh my....!!!!!! A kite!!!! What a prety coin!!!!!! we use kites here during the carnival and especially the "Clean Monday" where we do not eat any meat, eggs etc... this day shows that after exactly 40 days we will have Easter! it is also the last day of the carnival! At that day you can see thousands of kites in the air here in Greece!

2" without the tail...by the way, I may never look at ducks without laughing again!

ILYK

IMG_NEW-21-1.jpg

ILYK

2" without the tail...by the way, I may never look at ducks without laughing again!

ILYK

Oh! So it is a big coin!!! ducks.... are you talking about my memory.... with the cat? :huh::D:laughing:

I've been behind on opening the bubble mailers I received this week (those who know of me, know that can't be a good sign.) I thrilled to find the trades and purchase pictured below waiting for me....

IMG_0001_NEW-9-1.jpg

Also, a surprise coin that truly means so much to me...thank you so very, very much!

IMG_NEW-19-2.jpg

ILYK

Ok you know I would ask :D , What is the one with the skeleton and the pumpkin? I would love to see a closer pic.

And in My mailbox today... a Carpe Diem mystery coin #18 :D:wub::D Thanks Mystery coin giver!!!!

I also got a dog days of summer coin.

bothsides-1.jpg

That's the October GeocoinClub coin. It shows all kinds of detail about the true history of Halloween, the origins of all the fantastical myths we have about it and how it's quite surprisingly different from the holiday we celebrate today (and far more innocent). :D

edit to add: it's also a glow-in-the-dark coin, too, with both the skeleton and mask in different colored glow enamels.

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

bothsides-1.jpg

We love this geocoin, we brought ours to a event we just traveled to from Wisconsin to Iowa for a Halloween event and for a good cause for a girl who has cancer. The fundraiser was a huge success. We plan on attending again next year. Even with the 9 hour drive it was so worth it. We had a great time. We enjoyed showing this to many of the new faces we met and even met people we have traded with before. Wonderful looking geocoin, one of our favorites we have seen in a long time in the club.

WOW!!! amazing coin!!!!

Can I ask 2 small things about it?

1) Samhain??? is it a name for halloween?

2) The coin is shaped right? The grey circle looks like it comes out of the coin in the cut offs.. is it like that?

It is surrelly one of the best Halloween coins I have seen!!! WOW!!!

WOW!!! amazing coin!!!!

2) The coin is shaped right? The grey circle looks like it comes out of the coin in the cut offs.. is it like that?

That Chris Mackey guy really makes a nifty geocoin :D

TMA

WOW!!! amazing coin!!!!

1. Samhain ( /ˈsɑːwɪn/, /ˈsaʊ.ɪn/, or /ˈsaʊn/)[1] is a Gaelic harvest festival held on October 31–November 1. It was linked to festivals held around the same time in other Celtic cultures, and was popularized as the "Celtic New Year" beginning in the 18th century ( from Wikipedia)

2. Yes those are cut outs. Very interesting shape and design.

Edited by Toojin

WOW!!! amazing coin!!!!

1. Samhain ( /ˈsɑːwɪn/, /ˈsaʊ.ɪn/, or /ˈsaʊn/)[1] is a Gaelic harvest festival held on October 31–November 1. It was linked to festivals held around the same time in other Celtic cultures, and was popularized as the "Celtic New Year" beginning in the 18th century ( from Wikipedia)

I know I loved this coin the min I saw it on here, it is up there with my other favorites, Bell Witch, Carpe Deim, and Grim Cacher. I might have to scrape together some money and join the GCC.

In todays mail...first to post...DK_Titan 2010...yes, that's a miniature schnauzer!

IMG_NEW-22-1.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-10-1.jpg

Those who know me, realize my love of all coins woof, but having been honored to have 3 miniature schnauzers, and a schnauzer/dachshund mix (schnauchshund), this is another special coin for me!

ILYK

In todays mail...first to post...DK_Titan 2010...yes, that's a miniature schnauzer!

IMG_NEW-22-1.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-10-1.jpg

Those who know me, realize my love of all coins woof, but having been honored to have 3 miniature schnauzers, and a schnauzer/dachshund mix (schnauchshund), this is another special coin for me!

ILYK

Glad to see you received that very nice coin drneal. Dog coins are the best and even more when it represents your favorite breed :D

3 coins over the last couple of days...

IMG_NEW-6-3.jpg

2008 snowman suncatcher

IMG_0002_NEW-2-1.jpg

IMG_0003_NEW-2.jpg

2010 BCGA

IMG_NEW_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-1-1.jpg

Halloween 2010

ILYK

edited to add not really in my mailbox, but found behind my computer desk, a rare and extremely valuable (?) micro.

IMG_0004_NEW-2.jpg

Edited by drneal

First time in this thread, and this didn't all come today, but these all came over the last couple of days:

DSCF2817.jpg

what's the coin on the bottom, left?

ILYK

Dry Creek Geocachers 2006

I remember having one which I sent out traveling so I had to look through my trackables profile and see if any icon stood out to me. And I found it, even though the icon doesn't look like the coin!

Edited by Mauison

First time in this thread, and this didn't all come today, but these all came over the last couple of days:

DSCF2817.jpg

ILYK

I remember having one which I sent out traveling so I had to look through my trackables profile and see if any icon stood out to me. And I found it.

thank you Mauison!

ILYK

This one has been on my "if I only could... I would, I would" list for a while and thanks to Ten. Jed it came in the mail a few weeks ago (and only just got around to taking a pic - if you can believe that!). Thanks TJ.

Zombie.jpg

Edited by Droo

DSCF2817.jpg

ILYK

I remember having one which I sent out traveling so I had to look through my trackables profile and see if any icon stood out to me. And I found it, even though the icon doesn't look like the coin!

A coinfession...I started activating some more coins from another collector's coins I purchased...and I actually have one :anibad: .

WOW!!! amazing coin!!!!

When I started researching Halloween, aka All Hallows Eve, I was amazed how far off the basic ideas of what it was really all about compared to our modern day beliefs mixed up with a healthy dose of imagination and superstition :anibad: Samhain (Scots Gaelic: Samhuinn) means quite litterally Summer's End and is the root of modern day Halloween. The Celtic nations believed that the fall (when everything is dying - vegetation at least) is the end of the year. It was the end of the growing season and the time when all of nature is trying it's hardest to prepare for the rebirth in the new year. Animals are mating, rock-hard nuts and seeds are softening in the earth, and the majority of the hard work that makes up life is lightening as people settled in for the winter.

The front side of the coin shows the nuts of the forest and the grains of the field over the blazing chaff from the farms. The dogs of hunt are chasing the beasts of the field (four corners) and the symbols of the moon in it's constant death and rebirth cycle enclose the blessing for a Happy Summer's End. On the reverse side, we see the Bella Donna (Nightshade) which will ripen into red berries for medicine in the winter along with the moon as a reminder of the constant transition of life & death.

The Celts believed this very special time of year while half the living things in the world were dying and the other half were being conceived was a special time and the closest time of the year where life and death touched. Carvings on doorways and in gourds were considered necessary for warning away evil spirits much like more modern gargoyles on the towers of churches. I hoped a skeleton (a universal symbol for death) in a lively state and looking through the eyes of one of these carvings in a jesting theatrical pose would be a graceful way of crossing all of these ideas at once. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed designing it! :grin:

IMG_NEW_0002-1.jpg
From whence comes the cool frog?

Ohhh, me like!! Think I saw something about this coin but can not remember where. A coin in my taste B)

grodan (the frog) Karin

i have so gotta have this coin, i love frogs and want this coin so much to go with my other frog coin collection.

Not available yet....teasing is so mean....and so much fun!

ILYK
IMG_NEW_0002-1.jpg

Ohhh, me like!! Think I saw something about this coin but can not remember where. A coin in my taste B)

grodan (the frog) Karin

i have so gotta have this coin, i love frogs and want this coin so much to go with my other frog coin collection.

ILYK

~~ BUT, it DOES look familiar in a way . . .

IMG_NEW_0002-1.jpg

grodan (the frog) Karin

ILYK

~~ BUT, it DOES look familiar in a way . . .

toadily!

ILYK
IMG_NEW_0002-1.jpg

Ohhh, me like!! Think I saw something about this coin but can not remember where. A coin in my taste :)

grodan (the frog) Karin

ILYK

Okay, the coin is called Wallace's Flying Frog...available soon!

ILYK

3 coins today...

IMG_NEW-7-3.jpg

IMG_NEW_0001-4.jpg

Freezing Coin, Texas Holdem Chip, Landsharkz Fishbowl

ILYK

drneal, you got tired of being asked what was the name of the coins you posted. You decided to write the names at the same time you posted the pictures :)

Just a kinder, gentler drneal...unless you tic me off :D .

ILYK