What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

A very good mailday yesterday :D:D:D

62514_10150261433800293_618495292_14789657_3188359_n.jpg

What is the name of that owl coin... top right. I love that design.

Guardians of the Nights, and they're by D.J.Jay, if I remember his caching name correctly.

Guardians of the Night were by Suckerish. :)

CF30

bleh Tis been a while. I can't keep track of everyone and who made what coins anymore. Besides that, I've kinda had to get out of collecting the last few weeks...

002_800pix.jpg

Can anyone help me identify the wooden (I guess) faces on the right? Thanks.

Those are Tiki's trackable Tiki coins. They are actually ceramic. Or as Tiki says, "...meticulously hand pressed and glazed in my Kailua studio, working from a mold of my original clay sculpture..." They are awesome!! :P

Personally I'm loving the black with yellow shell Zee Zee... :angry:

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Today I received 4 Geocoin Fairy's and 2 Geocoin Devil's. The others within the past month (except mine and Sasquatch). Most of these mystery coiners and several mystery pathtaggers have posted will attend notes at GC2C575. If they cannot attend I have most their coins (and others) to donate to the event. :P

68c62fdd-60fa-48dd-a862-58da5b6c8eca.jpg

Edited by The Cache Reaper

Today I received 4 Geocoin Fairy's and 2 Geocoin Devil's. The others within the past month (except mine and Sasquatch). Most of these mystery coiners and several mystery pathtaggers have posted will attend notes at GC2C575. If they cannot attend I have most their coins (and others) to donate. :D

Donations accepted :P

Today I received 4 Geocoin Fairy's and 2 Geocoin Devil's. The others within the past month (except mine and Sasquatch). Most of these mystery coiners and several mystery pathtaggers have posted will attend notes at GC2C575. If they cannot attend I have most their coins (and others) to donate. :D

Donations accepted :P

Same here :D

Donations accepted :D

Same here :D

:D squeee :P

Today I received 4 Geocoin Fairy's and 2 Geocoin Devil's. The others within the past month (except mine and Sasquatch). Most of these mystery coiners and several mystery pathtaggers have posted will attend notes at GC2C575. If they cannot attend I have most their coins (and others) to donate to the event. :)

Only 110 miles NE of us.....hmmmmm.....may have to consider a road trip that weekend!

Wow... I don't know what to say here...

I "RARELY" if ever post to this thread because very rarely do I ever receive any coin mail. I have to tell you all a little story here. About a month ago, I went on a mission to track down and put back into circulation, some coins that were missing from caches around my area of town. SO... after I did some cache maintenance, I 'retrieved' all the coins I found and posted a note to each one of them that I had recovered their geocoin from the vast unknown (more or less, but not exact verbiage).

So I go retrieve the mail this afternoon and there is a bubbler addressed to me, from someone I have never heard of before. Inside the bubbler was a very VERY classy stationary envelope with my name written on it. On the reverse of the envelope was a wax seal... and I'm thinking to myself "Who still does this?"

Envelope.jpg

I open up the envelope (not disrupting the wax seal) and reveal this beautiful note which reads:

Jim,

Thanks for saving my geocoin. here is another for you to do with what you wish.

Jef

"SNSpencer"

I'm thinking to myself... how flippin' cool is that??

letter.jpg

Having said that... I just want Mr. Spencer to know that his gift had truly taken me aback, and I am most appreciative of the gesture :)

This was not a mystery coin, nor was it any type of popularity contest - it was straight up thoughtfulness - and that's the best gift of all...

~J

I "RARELY" if ever post to this thread because very rarely do I ever receive any coin mail. I have to tell you all a little story here. About a month ago, I went on a mission to track down and put back into circulation, some coins that were missing from caches around my area of town. SO... after I did some cache maintenance, I 'retrieved' all the coins I found and posted a note to each one of them that I had recovered their geocoin from the vast unknown (more or less, but not exact verbiage).

So I go retrieve the mail this afternoon and there is a bubbler addressed to me, from someone I have never heard of before. Inside the bubbler was a very VERY classy stationary envelope with my name written on it. On the reverse of the envelope was a wax seal... and I'm thinking to myself "Who still does this?"

Envelope.jpg

I open up the envelope (not disrupting the wax seal) and reveal this beautiful note which reads:

Jim,

Jef

"SNSpencer"

letter.jpg

Having said that... I just want Mr. Spencer to know that his gift had truly taken me aback, and I am most appreciative of the gesture :wub:

This was not a mystery coin, nor was it any type of popularity contest - it was straight up thoughtfulness - and that's the best gift of all...

~J

Congratulations Jim and Bravo SNSpencer :)

WOW Jim!!! Congratulations!!! Amazing gesture!!! Of course what you have done with the caches and the coins is great too! :wub:

Oh my!!!! Wax seal!!! I have some very old metal seals that you were using with wax to leave the mark.... but I tried with the Spanish wax (at least that is how we call the strange red thing that looks like wax...) but I didn't have success! :) I do not know .... The mealt seals I have are from the Ottoman period! On them it is arabic writing (Turkey started using the latin alphabet in 1923 or 1930)! I have given then to someone to see what they write but since they are for wax, they are upside down... it is very difficult to read! So only if you have the writing on the wax you can read it! :wub:

BTW.... isn't that an amazing thing to see nowdays? It is so formal, so unique... :) It really takes you back in the 1600's, 1700's!!! I love it!!! :)

Edited by GATOULIS

Envelope.jpg

Jim,

Jef

"SNSpencer"

letter.jpg

Having said that... I just want Mr. Spencer to know that his gift had truly taken me aback, and I am most appreciative of the gesture :laughing:

~J

I love to hear there are still good decent people in the world, and it is nice that the kindness was acknowled.