What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Ok, I'm confused! I got a set of 2009 Compass rose coins too but I did not get a black nickel one. Any idea why not? :( I thought I paid for a full set!

Strike that. I paid for a set of five. So how did I miss out on the set of six? :D

CF30

I wondered the same thing. When I saw the pre-sale show up on C&P, it had a set that included the black nickel rose. After about three days that set wasn't there anymore, just the set of five. So I guess it was a very limited pre-sale to get the 6 coin set.

Oh, the contents? You want to know what was in this record setting mailer?

It was just one of the coins that I have wanted forever and ever and ever.

Greenback 2008

I think that mailer originally came from you? (after it got sent back to you after it was sent to me)...LOL, the underside of the label will prove :( I knew you'd get a kick outa that. The coin was just the award winning bubble mailer bonus! (which I thought you'd like too) :) he he - I parted my set, ya know! :D Who needs every version of all them dang things anyway - Its my new gig :) - try narrowing down yer Tranqs to just your favorite! LOL

Thanks Lenny :) Glad ya like it, but it was supposed to go under your tree! :):)

Oh, the contents? You want to know what was in this record setting mailer?

It was just one of the coins that I have wanted forever and ever and ever.

Greenback 2008

I think that mailer originally came from you? (after it got sent back to you after it was sent to me)...LOL, the underside of the label will prove :( I knew you'd get a kick outa that. The coin was just the award winning bubble mailer bonus! (which I thought you'd like too) :) he he - I parted my set, ya know! :D Who needs every version of all them dang things anyway - Its my new gig :) - try narrowing down yer Tranqs to just your favorite! LOL

Thanks Lenny :) Glad ya like it, but it was supposed to go under your tree! :):)

That coinvelope started to you from somebody other than me, not my handwriting on your address... And I had to peel off most of the evidence just to open the envelope.

Supposed to go under the tree?? Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

I received a couple of mailers today with trade items from Delta123 and Franky69. These included the 2007 12 Provincien Geocoin Race geotag, a couple of their cooperative geocoins with Delta123's 2006 VGC design on one side and Franky69's design on the other, and then 1 each of their 2008 VGC coins.

But to my complete surprise, they also included a Christmas gift of an antique silver Sweetlake City Night Event coin!

mailbox20091222.jpg

Ok, I'm confused! I got a set of 2009 Compass rose coins too but I did not get a black nickel one. Any idea why not? :( I thought I paid for a full set!

Strike that. I paid for a set of five. So how did I miss out on the set of six? :D

CF30

I wondered the same thing. When I saw the pre-sale show up on C&P, it had a set that included the black nickel rose. After about three days that set wasn't there anymore, just the set of five. So I guess it was a very limited pre-sale to get the 6 coin set.

I think that set sold out in a matter of hours.... I missed the 5th anniversary set with the LE coin after "thinking it over" so as soon as this one went on sale I ordered the 6 coin set. I checked back the next day and the 5 coin set was all that was left.

Ok, I'm confused! I got a set of 2009 Compass rose coins too but I did not get a black nickel one. Any idea why not? :mad: I thought I paid for a full set!

CF30

I paid for the set of 6 and only got a 5 set in the mail! I already contacted them and they're sending me the LE, so it's all good. But I was worried for a minute!

Lookie what I got :)

IMG_NEW-7-1.jpg

ILYK

wow!!! beautiful coin the klomp one!!! I do not know the other that is mentioned too.... windmolen?? A windmill?

It is a little strnage or....

Well..it looks like it is made of porcelain??? Oh! If it is, it is fragile! Is it a homemade coin? trackable?

its a very rare and hard to get coin. i think only 20 of each were ever made (im not sure of the numbers produced but only a small amount were produced.) beautifully made coins but i havent got a chance of holding one for real as they are highly sought after and pricey

I think there was 125 each of the klomp and windmolen. They really are gorgeous and look wonderful side by side. :o

This is coin 70/125...unactivated, and will remain so until Christmas...There was some money in my wife's private checking account after she was killed...each year I buy myself a gift from her for Christmas; I believe this is something she would like.

ILYK

I activated the coin today...Merry Christmas Kathy!

Edited by drneal

I received my 2nd geocoin!!!!

I got a wonderfully green glitter geocoin yesterday in the mail from drneal....

I believe it's called "Kathy's coin".

THANK YOU drneal...it is beautiful and will be forever in my collection.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. I tried to take some pictures of it but they didn't turn out too well.

How do you guys get such good pictures of your coins?

I received my 2nd geocoin!!!!

I got a wonderfully green glitter geocoin yesterday in the mail from drneal....

I believe it's called "Kathy's coin".

THANK YOU drneal...it is beautiful and will be forever in my collection.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. I tried to take some pictures of it but they didn't turn out too well.

How do you guys get such good pictures of your coins?

Use the macro setting (flower icon) on your camera. A scanner is quick and easy but terrible on shiny finishes (makes nickel and shiny gold look like black nickel) .... then a little tinkering in your photo editing software helps a lot too (adjust levels, contrast, colour). Upload the image to the Web and use the URL to post here.

That's why I guess I can't get good pictures...my camera doesn't have a macro setting. I also need a photo editing software too.

Which photo software is best?

I use to use photosuite years ago but don't have that computer anymore. I need to get something for this one sometime.

sorry about going off topic here, but i use PAINT.NET for editing and design. google the name, its free and has lots of cool features!

one other picture taking tip: try taking a picture outside in bright sunlight, but with your subject in the shade, on a plain background, use your eye to find the angle with the best and brightest reflection, and point your camera at the same angle. take several pics, since some will be blurred, and then use the software to "tweak" the best picture (straighten it, crop it, enhance the colors and contrast, and resize if needed). good luck and congrats on your new geocoin! now, lets see more pictures! :)

Not in my mailbox but was able to get these new coins at an event.

These are handmade with multiple metal layers. Stainless steel on the outside with copper in the middle. One even has a little brass. There are 4 different patters which appear on the 2 coins I have but some coins have only one cut side with the artists signature on the back.

They are fully trackable and have a custom icon. They are made by JCanyoneer.

Coin 1

89dbed70-3538-4499-8051-71f65e313a7d.jpg306ec625-1389-4210-9aeb-6c4ed5a60dab.jpg

Coin 2

e1d4b097-e107-408b-a1be-2cd532640b8b.jpg87abebf4-b7a0-4da7-a885-fd9c4c6a0685.jpg

Team Sand Dollar

These are handmade with multiple metal layers. Stainless steel on the outside with copper in the middle. One even has a little brass. There are 4 different patters which appear on the 2 coins I have but some coins have only one cut side with the artists signature on the back.

Coin 1

89dbed70-3538-4499-8051-71f65e313a7d.jpg306ec625-1389-4210-9aeb-6c4ed5a60dab.jpg

Coin 2

e1d4b097-e107-408b-a1be-2cd532640b8b.jpg87abebf4-b7a0-4da7-a885-fd9c4c6a0685.jpg

Team Sand Dollar

WOW!!! Amazing coins!!!! Handmade??? Oh!! the maker is an artist!!!! WOW!!! I like them all!!!! Congrats my friend for having them, Bravo to the maker and thank you for posting here and sharing the photos wth us!!!

Happy new year!!!! :)

Coin 1

Coin 2

Team Sand Dollar

omg!! i love these coins, they are so attractive i would love to discover one just to havea look at it and hold it for a while

Coin 1

Coin 2

Team Sand Dollar

Fascinating and innovative design creation. :) Raising the bar again on what creativity can bring. :) Definitely very nice! Thanks for sharing and the nice photos.

I got all excited because I received an envelope from myself. A good sign !?!?

G. O'Coin B.U.G. Esquire sent me a GOLD coin.... Oh Boy, it is wonderful to receive, but is it a bad sign...? Nah... a very fun good sign !! Thank you !!

c6e2d878-1a71-4944-bf94-9f39d374fbb4.jpg

Careful you don't scratch the bite site ..... you may end up with an itch that just won't end. :)

I got all excited because I received an envelope from myself. A good sign !?!?

G. O'Coin B.U.G. Esquire sent me a GOLD coin.... Oh Boy, it is wonderful to receive, but is it a bad sign...? Nah... a very fun good sign !! Thank you !!

c6e2d878-1a71-4944-bf94-9f39d374fbb4.jpg

Conratulations toojin!

a very nice group of coins came in over the last week, all from one trade!

IMG_NEW-3-2.jpg

not in my mailbox, but another more important find for New Year's Day...Found him while I was checking on a cache I have at our local humane society...meet Maxx!

SANY0140-1.jpg

part schnauzer, part dachshund...He's been playing with Heineken since I brought him home...I think we both were ready for a new playmate. Logan would most likely be pleased.

ILYK

IMG_NEW-3-2.jpg

not in my mailbox, but another more important find for New Year's Day...Found him while I was checking on a cache I have at our local humane society...meet Maxx!

SANY0140-1.jpg

part schnauzer, part dachshund...He's been playing with Heineken since I brought him home...I think we both were ready for a new playmate. Logan would most likely be pleased.

ILYK

He is so cute. Congratulations on the new member of the family. :)

IMG_NEW-3-2.jpg

SANY0140-1.jpg

ILYK

Oh, he is adorable Neal! How about changing his name to Corona Kid? And part DACHSHUND to boot...how lucky can you get :):P:D:D ?

IMG_NEW-3-2.jpg

SANY0140-1.jpg

ILYK

That is wonderful; congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_NEW-3-2.jpg

SANY0140-1.jpg

ILYK

He is so precious! Congrats on your new baby!

IMG_NEW-3-2.jpg

SANY0140-1.jpg

ILYK

He is so precious! Congrats on your new baby!

Maxx is adorable!

IMG_NEW-3-2.jpg

SANY0140-1.jpg

ILYK

Congratulations Maxx you got yourself a great home :) And it looks like your fitting in and found your spot :P