What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Great coin day today. In the mail was a Windis Geocacher Stammtisch, SpaceGate BN, Compass Rose Black Sea, Blue Cub Knife, Dark Blue Tengwar and a Caching under the Stars. All great looking coins for sure.

IMG_5715.jpg

AHHHHH YOU GOT A STARGATE COIN!?!? HOW?? WHERE??? WHO??? I SOOOOO NEED ME ONE OF THOSE!! TRADE ANYONE? IVE GOTTA SEE THAT COIN!!!

Part of the reason I hang around the geocoin forum is simply to keep my mind busy; time to sit and think isn't especially good (that's also why I started geocaching.) A bigger reason is the people that frequent the forum...I've had the opportunity to chat and have fun with people (even moderators...I think they're people, but the rumor has never been verified :P ,) that I would never have met or talked with otherwise.

Today I started making calls to see which of my wife's family would be making the journey to St. Marys Wed., to toast what should have been my wife's birthday (one of those "0" ones,) and the time we had with her...not a fun day. I stopped long enough to pick up mail at the post office and found a really stuffed mailer...inside a surprise!

IMG_0001_NEW-2-1.jpg

This was sent as a thank you, for a thank you I had sent to another forum person (no names...I don't want them getting requests for coins.) I've read so many times about someone receiving a gift, or mystery coin on a day when everything seems bleak. My thanks for your help in making a miserable day, so much better!

drneal, logan, and heineken

ILYK
What is the coin on the top right? I love it!

That beauty is Tsun's Staff of Ra - Raiders of the Lost Cache coin

see this post for the real story of this coin.

Whew, good thing I check in here every once in awhile. JUST IN CASE.... most people know I'm fairly sarcastic or just plain ole full of cr*p. :D I am a practical joker and when I write most of the time I'm just being a smart*ss, cause to know me is to love me :P Anyhow, when I wrote that post in the trading thread, I was totally being my typical self which is code for; my blue eyes were brown at the moment. I do know that a couple people thought I might have been serious but weren't sure. I embellished just a little bit on that story. :lol: In truth, they didn't approach me about the coin, they totally ripped off my design and I got no credit for it :(

:P:):)

Hahahahaha

I have to admit I was thinking "wait, geocoins weren't around in 1980!" so I went so far as to do a google search and found an interview with you where you told the real REAL story. :P But you had me going for at least a minute or two!

Regardless, it's at the top of my dream list now. Raiders is my favorite movie EVER. :P

Got an amazing coin yesterday... from an amazing sender...

Lp1.jpg

Is that the Luck and Protection? Congrats Tha Saint.

Yes it is... and im still shocked & amazed that I was lucky enough to recieve one..

Hi,

Congrats for your coin. :P

I don't usually crave mystery coins but this one seems above my expectations... :P

Edited by SecretChief

I recieved 3 new coins.

I'm sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, but my only camera is my mobile phone.

image_031l1le.jpg

From left to the right a 4 Musketeers Coin in Cavalier Green, then an influenza virus and last but not least a mecklenburg vorpommern two tone geocoin.

Here is a nother picture of the suncatcher-effect of this coin.

image_032r44g.jpg

:D

007-1.jpg

Received these two lovely coins today, I’ve secretly desiring the Abomination coin for a while. Trumpeter Swans were once very common in Ontario only to be wiped out; they have been re-introduced to our area thanks to our American friends and are making a healthy recovery.

I seen these majestic swans in flight and gracing the waters, in fact in front of my office which happens to be on Georgian Bay (the very best view and they pay me to work there :D ).

:D

007-1.jpg

Received these two lovely coins today, I’ve secretly desiring the Abomination coin for a while. Trumpeter Swans were once very common in Ontario only to be wiped out; they have been re-introduced to our area thanks to our American friends and are making a healthy recovery.

I seen these majestic swans in flight and gracing the waters, in fact in front of my office which happens to be on Georgian Bay (the very best view and they pay me to work there :D ).

Congrats kini-ont. I really like the Abomination coin too.

Today coin 3 of Cache Addicts' Flag series arrived. This is a huge coin at 2" with it's 15 stars and 15 Stripes it's a brawny & beautiful tribute to our nations flag.

51fa9e03-ef8b-4d1c-89d0-c6cde37ea256.jpg

Each time we get a new version of this flag I'm reminded again of how excited I was the first time I read Atwells' first notes about it, and the anxiety of the weeks between then and the time I made that reservation. It seemed like months. And now each time I pick one up I'm reminded how sweet it was when I dropped that first one (out of the mailer I'd nearly destroyed) into my hand so I could slide it out of it's flip and hold it all heavy and solid in my hand. MAN, that felt good! :D

18015ece-f252-4db1-94b4-893cb0bfe5d2.jpg

Holding and admiring the Antique Gold makes me think of the times I've sweated the hours when we've been on the road for days and not able to check to see if that XLE offer was in my inbox. OR the first time one did come and I sent the positive reply back but didn't get the invoice for like TWO whole days! I'd just about convinced myself that we weren't going to get one. MAN, that felt bad! :D

But it came and now there are 9 flags in the patriotic section of our collection and soon there will be more! :laughing:

Sorry to go on so, but some days you've just got to brag about what you've got!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your time!

(sigh) Ho-hum.....just another boring kind of mailbox day.....

NOT

Got the super duper special Raiders Geocoin from Stepahie thank you again !!

and a few Cachehoppers that have different color painted toenails on them, these are so cute

tsuncoins.jpg

"Life is good" :D

(sigh) Ho-hum.....just another boring kind of mailbox day.....

NOT

Got the super duper special Raiders Geocoin from Stepahie thank you again !!

and a few Cachehoppers that have different color painted toenails on them, these are so cute

tsuncoins.jpg

"Life is good" :D

wow i really like this black frog.

where i can find this one.

:);) Lots of trades received in the mail today

Coinsrec017.jpg

Thanks to LadyBee4T for the Musketeer (she knew I was after this one) and a big thank you to drneal, your envelope was full of wonderful coins (his 2 personal ones oh and the other two as well :P ) thank you for saving a Chiro-Cache (I know you where running low but I felt I needed something you seeked before asking for a trade, hope you enjoy yours) next time I'm down and around St Marys I'll have to do some of your Chiro Caches.

Now I'm off to play with my pretty coins :unsure:

Edited by kini_ont

Ooooh! When? :D

CF30

QFE! I want! I've been waiting for those! /dance hehe

August the first (saturday), around 19:00 local time Germany.

I have to take pictures, write the discriptions and fine-tuning to the webshop .. if that is done, I'll post further details here (probably sunday)

Ooooh! When? :D

CF30

QFE! I want! I've been waiting for those! /dance hehe

August the first (saturday), around 19:00 local time Germany.

I have to take pictures, write the discriptions and fine-tuning to the webshop .. if that is done, I'll post further details here (probably sunday)

OMG YES. ;):ph34r::cool: I've been waiting for this one too! This will be the first coin I'm going to buy more than one of I think!

Today I got a box of Eye Of The Tribal Flower AE's,, :ph34r: Id post a Pic because its my first box full of coins,, but we never had the money to buy a new camera after zariah threw ours in the pool. ;)

also as some may know I reciently found out I have a narrowed artery in my brain, and will require much medical treatment,, :D , so with that said ,,,,before I go trading these, Im going to stick a few on e-bay to help pay for some bills and a new camera.

Things for me have been rough and I wanna thank everyone who has supported me and my coin designs to make this all possible, Also as a thank you I will be hosting a few cointests to give away some of them too.

If yould like to help me out come bid on a flower coin, Im not one to ask for help, but I could really use some right about now to make things go smoother. This forum has some of the best peps ive ever met and I just know things will get better. Thank you all for everything you have done here!!

DJ.J.ROCK