What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

This has just not been my year. I think I don't have enough Irish blood to have the luck of the Irish with me. Why someone even stole half the rocks out of my rock garden! I was feeling rather glum when I got home today and then I checked the mailbox. I wasn't expecting anything but bills so I was surprised to have two packages. The first package was from Millieballon from her cointest and contained the 2008 Dutch geocoin and her sig tag! Way cool!

As I walked to the house from the mailbox I was also pondering a package from Opalsns. I didn't remember anything coming from her and WHY was the box so heavy? I opened it and the first thing I saw was a swarm of cute little bees. I unwrapped the heavy objects and soon understood. They were rocks for my rock garden!! One has a smiley face and one is a hat! Hey take a look at the picture and see for yourself!! The Team 9er coin was because of my utterly fantastic commentary during a recent Nascar race in her thread. :)

I play the cointests for the fun of it and then usually forget even if I won. Isn't it fun to receive something you weren't expecting? Many thanks to both you ladies for putting a smile on my face today!

1221d78c-2e5d-4290-a38a-e4a616e91106.jpg

WAUWIIEEEEEE what a COOL idead from OPY to send you ROCKZZZZZzzz B):D

CONGRATZZZ LADY with all lovely SUPRISEZZZ :P

p.s. nice beezzzzz hope they make nice honing :P

This has just not been my year. I think I don't have enough Irish blood to have the luck of the Irish with me. Why someone even stole half the rocks out of my rock garden! I was feeling rather glum when I got home today and then I checked the mailbox. I wasn't expecting anything but bills so I was surprised to have two packages. The first package was from Millieballon from her cointest and contained the 2008 Dutch geocoin and her sig tag! Way cool!

As I walked to the house from the mailbox I was also pondering a package from Opalsns. I didn't remember anything coming from her and WHY was the box so heavy? I opened it and the first thing I saw was a swarm of cute little bees. I unwrapped the heavy objects and soon understood. They were rocks for my rock garden!! One has a smiley face and one is a hat! Hey take a look at the picture and see for yourself!! The Team 9er coin was because of my utterly fantastic commentary during a recent Nascar race in her thread. :P

I play the cointests for the fun of it and then usually forget even if I won. Isn't it fun to receive something you weren't expecting? Many thanks to both you ladies for putting a smile on my face today!

The bees are really cool! I have not seen those before. The rocks are something else. Aren't coiners the best people ever? I have piles of rocks all over my yard and always pick up a rock or two when I travel. I mark the bottom with a Sharpie so I remember where they came from. Congratulations on a great mailbox day.

The bees are really cool! I have not seen those before. The rocks are something else. Aren't coiners the best people ever? I have piles of rocks all over my yard and always pick up a rock or two when I travel. I mark the bottom with a Sharpie so I remember where they came from. Congratulations on a great mailbox day.

:P:P:)

i let my hubby read thizzz CHICKY only because he thinkzzz i`m crazy to pick up rockzzz when we go home from holiday.......

alwayzz he ask me why you want a rock go to the shop and buy a normal souvenier.....

when we did visit Sicilie and wolk the Etna i pick up lava stonezz and hide it between my close my hubby was like........

ANNE now you are a little criminal it`s against the law to take that home but me i was just like I MUST STEAL IT.....

my hubby do understand now that there are more people that have my addiction so LADY and CHICKY .........

THANKKZZZZZZZZZZZ for share you story here so that my hubby do understand me B):D

:P:P:)

i let my hubby read thizzz CHICKY only because he thinkzzz i`m crazy to pick up rockzzz when we go home from holiday.......

alwayzz he ask me why you want a rock go to the shop and buy a normal souvenier.....

when we did visit Sicilie and wolk the Etna i pick up lava stonezz and hide it between my close my hubby was like........

ANNE now you are a little criminal it`s against the law to take that home but me i was just like I MUST STEAL IT.....

my hubby do understand now that there are more people that have my addiction so LADY and CHICKY .........

THANKKZZZZZZZZZZZ for share you story here so that my hubby do understand me B):D

LOL You're not the only one for sure. I have picked up rocks since I was about 4 years old--that's a long time too!!!

I have picked up pieces of brick from Colonial Williamsburg, Historic Charleston, and Mount Vernon. My daughter tells me I will be arrested one day! Now, when my kids go on vacation without me, they bring me rocks home as souvenirs!

Edited to say... new idea for a mission... send a coin and a rock! LOL!

Edited by Chickahominy

My daughter came up the drive today with a BIG box from the mailbox. Oh my! We were so excited and it came at such a good time because I had a really rough weekend filled with family drama. Was it a mission? Was it a coin order? No, it was something much much more special. It was a gift box from Chur. She sent me not one, but TWO of the coins on my wanted list.... the Bremen Town Musicians AND the Lippschen rose! Both beautiful coins! I like the Bremen, well.. who wouldn't?.. but there's a rooster on the top :P The Lippschen rose because roses are my favorite flower. Thank you Chur for the generous gift of coins. AND for all of the delightfully different candy and goodies. The treats just kept falling out of the box! I forgot to carry out a TB she included with the assortment. It is a tin cup and wants to go to Nevada. Guess what?? Laura and I are leaving this Friday for a trip across country to Nevada. There's no way you could have known that!

Thank you, thank you, thank you... my spirits have been lifted and my heart is happy.

churmission.jpg

bremen.jpg

My daughter came up the drive today with a BIG box from the mailbox. Oh my! We were so excited and it came at such a good time because I had a really rough weekend filled with family drama. Was it a mission? Was it a coin order? No, it was something much much more special. It was a gift box from Chur. She sent me not one, but TWO of the coins on my wanted list.... the Bremen Town Musicians AND the Lippschen rose! Both beautiful coins! I like the Bremen, well.. who wouldn't?.. but there's a rooster on the top :P The Lippschen rose because roses are my favorite flower. Thank you Chur for the generous gift of coins. AND for all of the delightfully different candy and goodies. The treats just kept falling out of the box! I forgot to carry out a TB she included with the assortment. It is a tin cup and wants to go to Nevada. Guess what?? Laura and I are leaving this Friday for a trip across country to Nevada. There's no way you could have known that!

Thank you, thank you, thank you... my spirits have been lifted and my heart is happy.

churmission.jpg

bremen.jpg

Wow Chicka, congrats :) That package looks veeeery delicious B)

You rock Chur :D:P

Hi all,

I am new to geocoin collecting but I have definitely caught the bug. :unsure:. I got my first ones in the mail today....

Dragon Ladon antique gold

Butterfly Kisses Suncatcher antique silver

Celtic Cross geocoin

I really wanted to post a pic of them but i can't figure out how to do that. It tells me I need to enter a URL when I click the insert image button. If someone can explain it to me I would be very greatful.

m_d609382cad5849d6b621afab2647154f.jpg

THANKS Just a Trifle!!!

Edited by purplebutterflychick

Hi purplebutterflychick

This may be a bit long winded, but it is my first attempt to try and help someone. You need to have your picture uploaded to a website such as photobucket or what I do is upload the picture to one of my archived cache pages on geocaching.com

Once the picture has been loaded, right click on the image and click on properties to find the url address which you will need to copy.

When you have done that, in your forum message, click on the picture of the tree in the menu bar above the white area and paste the url you have copied.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

Cheers

Edited by Just a Trifle

I received two special coins from a trade with drneal today, a Chiro-Cache coin and one of his awesome Kathy's coins. Sorry but I tried to take a couple of pictures but they came out pretty bad as the sun was setting by the time I got home, I will try and get a couple of shots tomorrow. Thanks again for the awesome trade drneal!!!

The picture represents a lot of tun for us. :anitongue:db3567d0-3c2b-452a-8d4d-22a4a773acc9.jpg

The grandsons now each have an Antique Gold Firetruck. They're here visiting this weekend so I'm going to try to get one or both to pose for a picture with one. :laughing:

And we've got motel reservations made and a cat sitter lined up, all we've got left is to get the bikes loaded, we're going to the Black Canyon Beach Luau! :anibad:

Edited by ST13PILOT

Today after a nice lunch with Team Hayes and Scavok and 2 hrs of coin talk, I arrived home to find a package sitting at my door. Good thing I got home before the kids in the neborhood saw it. ( I dont like the fact that they just drop a priorty package on your portch for anyone to come and steal) I found a really nice 3 page letter and a project game coin and game board with some game pieces. from Y.A.S.S!!!!!

The letter explained "why" I was gifted from Y.A.S.S as well as a nice explaination about "moms", mine and his.

Something I realized during reading this letter, is that a mom or dad for that matter has a lifetime full of impact on us, even after were growen. Sometimes their hardships can teach us valued lessons that can change our lifes forever or change how we view the world, or how we go about doing things in our own lifes.

Parents are a childs foundation!! It is very important that us as parents need to show our lil ones the right and wrong ways of doing things. Some parents are focused on being the "perfect" mom or dad, but for me I think its important to make mistakes, for a few reasons.

We are not perfect no matter how hard we try it can never happen, each person has their flaws!! I think it is important that we have those flaws. For our kids learn from those too. My mother drinks,,, I dont!! I saw what it did/does to her and never wanted to live that kind of life. Also on that note, and being Im an only child from my mother, my kid years were very short due to having to grow up to fast to take care of myself because she wasent there alot of the time for me. I was cooking my own food at age 7, doing my own laundry,mowing the grass, finding my own means of transportation, paying for some of my own stuff,extc. At age 7 I was doing the things most teens were barely taking on in their lifes. there are very few pictures of me playing... well..... very few pictures in general, and the ones that are there are from hollidays mostly christmas when my mother bought her way into feeling good about our relationship( hey I was happy to get new stuff I dident have to buy if I wanted it)and it just got worse as I got older .....so heres the lesson .......>

Even tho those years were not ideal for ANY kid my age... heres what came of just those few instances.... I can now cook really really well in what I call, getto gourmet style cooking, and I have about 15 siginature dishes, Ive created from scratch, that are now family recipies. I still do laundry(how many hubbies/boyfriends do ALL the laundry in the house?!?)lol. mowing the grass has become a way of relaxation or enjoyment. Im one of the first of my friends to move out of their moms,provide for my self without help , hold a job ,and also buy a house. so I guess you can say I was ready sooner!!

Any way my point im making is... is that a mom or dad has a lifetime full of impact on us, even after were growen. Sometimes their hardships can teach us valued lessons that can change our lifes forever or change how we view the world, or how we go about doing things in our own lifes. We have a Lifetime of impact on them just like your mom/dad on you!!

Thanks Y.A.S.S!!!!!!! for the coin and the game. And also for this lession that has came to me while reading your letter.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I've been lazy at posting here recently... but lots of currants from our garden are now nicely stocked as chutney, ice cream, liqeur and syrup and the renovation of our house proceeds as well... But I keep on reading :o

I was glad to see that my package to chickahominy arrived safely :):antenna::antenna:

Some time ago I got a nice surprise from canada, with beautiful coins and some extra canada goodies:

5c4678cf-c966-47b8-9275-c922b52776fc.jpg

This is so nice, and it really brightened my day!

And I got a beautiful Dragon Ladon from a trade, two columbines (too late for the flower mission, but the columbine is my favourite flower :-)) and the Night&Day from Skavoc.

:blink::blink::D

Edited by Chur

More trades, many more trades..thank you all!

ILYK

LUCKY!

Lucky you!

The Hare passing time, or whatever he is called! Lucky you!

IMG_0001_NEW-1-1.jpg

It's called Hoppin Through Time! The card that came with it didn't scan well, but it reads:

"Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.

Time is free, but it is priceless.

You can't own it, but you can use it.

You can't keep it, but you can send it

Once you've lost it, you can never get it back."

The back is green.

ILYK

Theotokos,

I have to get one of those copper jack knifes. Where??????????? LOVE It!!!!!!!!!!

After the long wait,

I recieved my 2 Butterfliy kisses from Mike Atwell, but worth the wait ,Thanx.

I got a purple Monkey from a cointest,

I got nice jugs, Tee Hee, Moonshine Run jugs and the prettiest turtle under glass....

85d49b85-362a-428d-8306-f0891c713680.jpg

Now for a wire wrap.........

Theotokos,

I have to get one of those copper jack knifes. Where??????????? LOVE It!!!!!!!!!!

The knife isn't new..they were out before I started collecting and they come in Red, Pink, Blue and maybe even others. I've tried before to get them on eBay or other trades but not been able to get one so I'm very happy to have been able to get this one...thanks to a trade with Still-Hide.

Edited by Theotokos

Theotokos,

The knife isn't new..they were out before I started collecting and they come in Red, Pink, Blue and maybe even others. I've tried before to get them on eBay or other trades but not been able to get one so I'm very happy to have been able to get this one...thanks to a trade with Still-Hide.

Thanx,

Now it goes on my " Most Wanted"!!!!

LOL!

Opalsns