What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

I am glad to see you back around more as well, Sweetlife

That is very nice of you to say That DJ. We planted the plants that you sent us in a mission this week, to celebrate Earth Week. Another reason, to get us in the spring mood, and now only to find bad news yesterday that my grandma passed away, so they will be in memory of her. She will be greatly missed.:laughing:

WOW! Today I got to letters!

One from Dafunkyfrogs with beautiful banknotes from Bangladesh, as a birthday present (Thank you soooo much!!! they are so pretty, and I do not have them!!!)

and one from Sivota! Sivota sended me a small box with chockolate eggs (yammies!!!), a beautiful card, some banknotes from China, Netherlands and Sweden, and 2 lovely geocoins! One was an orange tulip micro 2009, and the other was a huge geocoin!!! WOW!!! It is 90mm, XXL MapaMundi geocoin!!!

The coin is so heavy!!! It also has its stand so you can display it! I love that coin!!!!

WOW!!! thank you sooooo much!!!!

I scaned the coins and I also put near the huge coin a dollar and a euro to see the size of it!!!! WOW!!!!

3d460424.jpg

0004.jpg

dd3b4479.jpg

Edited by GATOULIS

Got a bunch of these in the mail today. Not sure what to call them, kind of a personal coin/token. Best part is they are trackable... :laughing:

tokens.jpg

Do you trade them?

Ya, I dont see why not.. I dont want to mislead anyone though. Its kind of a coin/token.

Size = 1.5"

Thickness = about 1/2 the thickness of a normal coin (or similar to the thickness of a quarter)

Its made of metal. Its trackable, it currently has a generic icon, but it will be upgraded to some sort of a custom icon sometime in the future.

..............................and one from Sivota! Sivota sended me a small box with chockolate eggs (yammies!!!), a beautiful card, some banknotes from China, Netherlands and Sweden, and 2 lovely geocoins! One was an orange tulip micro 2009, and the other was a huge geocoin!!! WOW!!! It is 90mm, XXL MapaMundi geocoin!!!

The coin is so heavy!!! It also has its stand so you can display it! I love that coin!!!!

WOW!!! thank you sooooo much!!!!..........................................................

You are welcome my friend. I will be sending you an email with the details you asked me for. I was told off by my Syrian friend though for offering you chocolates, while you are still supposed to be on fast untill the 19th which is your Easter. I am sorry about that.

I hope some of my other parcels make it in time before Easter, but the mailman sometimes is slow.

BUT I DID RECEIVE MY TODIE'S WILD RIDE COINS VERY FAST.

TWR.jpg

Edited by Sivota

..............................and one from Sivota! Sivota sended me a small box with chockolate eggs (yammies!!!), a beautiful card, some banknotes from China, Netherlands and Sweden, and 2 lovely geocoins! One was an orange tulip micro 2009, and the other was a huge geocoin!!! WOW!!! It is 90mm, XXL MapaMundi geocoin!!!

WOW!!! thank you sooooo much!!!!..........................................................

You are welcome my friend. I will be sending you an email with the details you asked me for. I was told off by my Syrian friend though for offering you chocolates, while you are still supposed to be on fast untill the 19th which is your Easter. I am sorry about that.

I hope some of my other parcels make it in time before Easter, but the mailman sometimes is slow.

TWR.jpg

Oh, TWR coin is a big one! :huh: do not worry at all about chockolates, my friend! The big fast is during the holy week, now we just do not eat meat in Monday, Wednesday and friday! It is an elastic fast! :laughing:

My mother is doing the right fast but for us it is to difficult to be like that for 40 days!

In hole week, things are different! On great friday, we do not even light a fire to cook! It is a tradition!

When we are going to the epitafios, (a kind of parade - sad parade, like we are going to a funeral, ...actually that is what this is supposed to be), with a model of the Christ grave), we are passing close to a road that is full of shops with souvlaki, gyros etc! Some people are eating even in that days! Oh boy this is the worst temptation! Only for the holly week, I am calling this road "theroad to Hell"! :D

Well, it is a good way to lose some weight too, but a little chockolate is not doing anything wrong! :D

TWR.jpg

Oh, TWR coin is a big one! :huh: do not worry at all about chockolates, my friend! The big fast is during the holy week, now we just do not eat meat in Monday, Wednesday and friday! It is an elastic fast! :laughing:

My mother is doing the right fast but for us it is to difficult to be like that for 40 days!

In hole week, things are different! On great friday, we do not even light a fire to cook! It is a tradition!

When we are going to the epitafios, (a kind of parade - sad parade, like we are going to a funeral, ...actually that is what this is supposed to be), with a model of the Christ grave), we are passing close to a road that is full of shops with souvlaki, gyros etc! Some people are eating even in that days! Oh boy this is the worst temptation! Only for the holly week, I am calling this road "theroad to Hell"! :D

Well, it is a good way to lose some weight too, but a little chockolate is not doing anything wrong! :D

It is very hard to pass by a good souvlaki :D ευτυχισμένος Πόσχα GATOULIS

TWR.jpg

It is very hard to pass by a good souvlaki :D ευτυχισμένος Πόσχα GATOULIS

souvlaki sounds and looks very Yummy!:D Had to look it up to see what it is.

Edited by sweetlife

Got a bunch of these in the mail today. Not sure what to call them, kind of a personal coin/token. Best part is they are trackable... :laughing:

tokens.jpg

Do you trade them?

Ya, I dont see why not.. I dont want to mislead anyone though. Its kind of a coin/token.

Size = 1.5"

Thickness = about 1/2 the thickness of a normal coin (or similar to the thickness of a quarter)

Its made of metal. Its trackable, it currently has a generic icon, but it will be upgraded to some sort of a custom icon sometime in the future.

Hey, congrats Saint.

TWR.jpg

i love your flowers are those in your garden? we have a few of those yearlys at our new home, and the leaves just sprouted,, i cant wait to see what they look like

i love your flowers are those in your garden? we have a few of those yearlys at our new home, and the leaves just sprouted,, i cant wait to see what they look like

Yes, these are from a basket in my garden; I have several. I keep them in baskets because where tulip grow nothing else will grow. That only counts for these tulips though. Something to give some thoughts to, because people used to eat tulip bulbs in WW II. My mother had some left after the war and planted them; they came out purple!!!! :) She said they tasted bitter.

I received something precious and very thoughtful this morning;

Math-coins, to remember my "math"- man; Reintje de Vos. I received that coin too.

Thank you very much avroair!!!

math-coins.jpg

Edited by Sivota

Yes, these are from a basket in my garden; I have several. I keep them in baskets because where tulip grow nothing else will grow. That only counts for these tulips though. Something to give some thoughts to, because people used to eat tulip bulbs in WW II. My mother had some left after the war and planted them; they came out purple!!!! :) She said they tasted bitter.

I received something precious and very thoughtful this morning;

Math-coins, to remember my "math"- man; Reintje de Vos. I received that coin too.

Thank you very much avroair!!!

math-coins.jpg

did you take the wrap off? or is that another one?

This came today. Not a geocoin, but figured that it wouldn't hurt to put it here since it came with a non-trackable earthcache pin.

I love earthcaches and wish there was an earthcache coin

DSC02075.JPG

Congratulations!! I am a great Fan of the EarthCache masters program.

The subject of a coin has been brought up in the EarthCache forum and I believe it is a work in progress. The "Discover The World" geocoin by Clarkbowman was designed to reflect his interest in EarthCaches and it is a beautiful coin.

This came today. Not a geocoin, but figured that it wouldn't hurt to put it here since it came with a non-trackable earthcache pin.

DSC02075.JPG

The subject of a coin has been brought up in the EarthCache forum and I believe it is a work in progress. The "Discover The World" geocoin by Clarkbowman was designed to reflect his interest in EarthCaches and it is a beautiful coin.

Ohhhhhhh, Congrats you two................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing:B):D:D:D:D:D:D

DSC02075.JPG

B):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOW!!! I didn't know that earthcache program!!! The pin is so beautiful!!!!

So, with 3 earthcaches in 2 different countries or states. you have bronze pin!

the only thing I was wondering is.... if the earthcaches are in different islands (but inside the area that you live - In dodecanese, there are 3 earthcaches, I think! all are in different islands! even if they are consider to be in the same area, they are 2- 4 hours away, by ship!), or different parts of Greece???? :D

I am also wondering how many earthcaches are in Greece! :D

Congratulations my friend for receiving the pin! It is a kind of an earthcache medal! :laughing:

DSC02075.JPG

the only thing I was wondering is.... if the earthcaches are in different islands (but inside the area that you live - In dodecanese, there are 3 earthcaches, I think! all are in different islands! even if they are consider to be in the same area, they are 2- 4 hours away, by ship!), or different parts of Greece???? :D

Congratulations my friend for receiving the pin! It is a kind of an earthcache medal! :laughing:

That's cool! Is this a worldwide programm? As I plan to start with Earth Caches, they're just great and you can learn a lot!!!

DSC02075.JPG

That's cool! Is this a worldwide programm? As I plan to start with Earth Caches, they're just great and you can learn a lot!!!

Yes it is a worldwide program. There are 14 EarthCaches in Greece. it appears that Greece is not broken down into states though. If you look at the listings and search for your country there will be a column identifying the "states" the EarthCache is in.

The bronze, silver, gold and platinum pins must be earned but there is a white pin that can be purchased from the EarthCache Store.

I stumbled on the earthcache master's program when I found an icon on another users page. I had already met the qualifications for the basic earthcache master's level which is just 3 caches in 2 or more states/countries.

In order to go to the silver level I need to develop a cache, which will be tougher.

The requirements for the levels are here Earthcache masters and to get the pin I just needed to submit the info as to time and date etc.

They sent the pin in about 2 weeks.

As a middle school science teacher, this program is great. They even have a part of their site for teachers.

Thanks for the heads up on the discover the world geocoin.... I will have to track that one down. The only earthcache type coin I have come across is the Four Elements Geocoin, which has a great cross section of the earth on the back.

b41dbdca-4cb6-45f4-b9a7-016660b79353.jpg

fabc0239-68c8-4b01-8760-49597885780e.jpg

I was able to get one off of ebay recently.

Thanks all

Edited by teamhaynes

Congrads PetersTrio on receiving those B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Neptune Compasses, they are so stunning :laughing:

Congrads to JohnMac56 on receiving the Absolutely S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G. Earth Turtles, they are so beautiful. :D

Congrads to Teamhaynes on receiving their Certificate/ Pin and Sticker for placing and finding many Earth Caches. Earth Caches and WSQ Caches are ones of our most favorite caches we like to search/find. B)

Happy Easter Everyone!

Arriving yesterday, all the way from Germany, was Chur's trade for our personal coin. Included was the folowing (we provided the basket, it was needed to hold all the stuff):

aa58ce0f-917e-4399-9586-5a4eac39edd1.jpg

Not only did she include coins for the whole family, but an assortment of German treats as well. We all love Haribo, so it was extra special. Thank you, Chur, for your amazing generousity! And Happy Easter! :laughing:

Arriving yesterday, all the way from Germany, was Chur's trade for our personal coin. Included was the folowing (we provided the basket, it was needed to hold all the stuff):

Not only did she include coins for the whole family, but an assortment of German treats as well. We all love Haribo, so it was extra special. Thank you, Chur, for your amazing generousity! And Happy Easter! :laughing:

I'm glad to see the box arrived safely! Happy Easter to you, too! B):D:D

DSC02075.JPG

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations my friend for receiving the pin! It is a kind of an earthcache medal! B)

Yes it is a worldwide program. There are 14 EarthCaches in Greece. it appears that Greece is not broken down into states though. If you look at the listings and search for your country there will be a column identifying the "states" the EarthCache is in.

The bronze, silver, gold and platinum pins must be earned but there is a white pin that can be purchased from the EarthCache Store.

Thank you Catsnfish and dafunkyfrogs for your messages! :D

Oh boy!!! only 14 earthcaches in my country, and 3 of them are in Dodecanese!!!!

Well... I thought that Greece had about 800 caches, but now I saw that we have only 579! :laughing:

so....

Tues, and Sat I recieved my Nice Musashi Ground and New Musashi Water coins both numbered 41 of 50 , yes a matching pair. they were buys. They are special coins for me studing Japan martial arts.

Ninpo specificly

b67f7935-5bd6-4024-9366-fc2d7a88d126.jpg

5ddd0469-7b40-490d-81f1-48ed44d0a720.jpg

d06286e6-b676-488f-85d5-7c4ff570e9d2.jpg

I also recieved a nice 4 coin easter mission from opalsns!!

e423b101-5d20-4be3-8ddd-93227db2db9a.jpg

and I also got Sabrina the Witchs Mission from Opalsns!!! thank you so much for the missions Opalsns!!

b271d4a4-f2b5-4e25-80c1-1251c12280bf.jpg

What a week

but thats not all -Lucky Scout got a Crikey,A keep on truckin, and a caching with my pug coin in his mission, and a secret coin that did not make the box, from t-suns puppy Tristin geok9

Thank you all for the coins you all are great to us!!!

Tues, and Sat I recieved my Nice Musashi Ground and New Musashi Water coins both numbered 41 of 50 , yes a matching pair. they were buys. They are special coins for me studing Japan martial arts.

Ninpo specificly

b67f7935-5bd6-4024-9366-fc2d7a88d126.jpg

5ddd0469-7b40-490d-81f1-48ed44d0a720.jpg

d06286e6-b676-488f-85d5-7c4ff570e9d2.jpg

I also recieved a nice 4 coin easter mission from opalsns!!

e423b101-5d20-4be3-8ddd-93227db2db9a.jpg

and I also got Sabrina the Witchs Mission from Opalsns!!! thank you so much for the missions Opalsns!!

b271d4a4-f2b5-4e25-80c1-1251c12280bf.jpg

What a week

but thats not all -Lucky Scout got a Crikey,A keep on truckin, and a caching with my pug coin in his mission, and a secret coin that did not make the box, from t-suns puppy Tristin geok9

Thank you all for the coins you all are great to us!!!

WOW! Nice coins!!!!

The 2 Japanese coins (?) are the 41 of the 50? Only 50 were made?? WOW!

I loved the one with the half moon and a witch?? Beautiful!!! What coin is it? It looks like the moon is glowing!!! WOW!!!

Happy easter my friend!!! :lol:

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!!! :mad: Your Easter is today, right? We will have Easter on April 19th! :rolleyes: