What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Havn`t had any coins for weeks :D

And yesterday this was in my mailbox

3c4200890628P77b3.jpg

:laughing::rolleyes::lol::cool:

Don`t now what was in the envelope, but i suspect it could be a geocoin even though i don´t expect any coins. It could even be coins i ordered long tima ago and forgot that i ordered it.

\h

If this came from where I think it came then it did not contain any coins.

I´ll try to get more info on this.

grodan Karin

Havn`t had any coins for weeks :D

3c4200890628P77b3.jpg

:laughing::rolleyes::lol::cool:

Don`t now what was in the envelope, but i suspect it could be a geocoin even though i don´t expect any coins. It could even be coins i ordered long tima ago and forgot that i ordered it.

\h

grodan Karin

It shouldn't be too hard to track down the sender...It's postmarked Indianapolis, Indiana(??) on November 25. It's sad to see that one, but you gotta admit that it's funny that the only surviving bit is the postage and the address. That's a good reason to include an address on the inner envelope that contains the coin itself. I may start doing that. I'm sorry for your loss.

I guess there's no way to ever tell if it was theft at the Post Office, or in your Mailbox, or if it was jammed in the machine. For letters that are damaged in the postal system in the US, they usually come with a note explaining so, and the delivery person wouldn't have left it like that...That makes me wonder if you need to keep a close eye on your mailbox??

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

WSR you are so correct - damage in the US Postal system they seem to be very dilegent to attach stickers or put on the envelope when something happens in the process to damage the envelope. Now - if it is NOT damaged and lost for years - another story - but damaged........they usually own up to it.

This is a shame but I wondered too if it was a pathtag vs. geocoin. Also another thing which stood out to me is no customs ticket. Although in an envelope - "anything which feels like something" is what my postmaster has said needs a customs ticket. I trust the judgement and always do one - if it's a gift - what the harm?!

Again, a shame for the loss. Hope the mystery can be unfolded.

We all have suffered out losses. :D

Havn`t had any coins for weeks :laughing:

3c4200890628P77b3.jpg

:rolleyes::lol::cool::cool:

\h

grodan Karin

It shouldn't be too hard to track down the sender...It's postmarked Indianapolis, Indiana(??) on November 25. It's sad to see that one, but you gotta admit that it's funny that the only surviving bit is the postage and the address. That's a good reason to include an address on the inner envelope that contains the coin itself. I may start doing that. I'm sorry for your loss.

I guess there's no way to ever tell if it was theft at the Post Office, or in your Mailbox, or if it was jammed in the machine. For letters that are damaged in the postal system in the US, they usually come with a note explaining so, and the delivery person wouldn't have left it like that...That makes me wonder if you need to keep a close eye on your mailbox??

Well - they are out and I got 10.

Which I'm hugging close...... No, I'm not trading at this stage....

2008 is almost at an end, but finally the NZ Kiwi geocoin hit my mailbox....

Coinside2600x400.jpg

gps.org.nz has told me that now the domestic sales are complete, that there will be going international, so I guess others will get them too....

In case you don't recognise it - that's a stylised kiwi - the national symbol of New Zealand.

OMG!!! :laughing: I HAVE to get one of these coins!!! How? Where? When?

CF30

Here's a link to the forum thread announcing the sale:

gps.org.nz - 2008 New Zealand Kiwi Coin

The post announcing international sales is near the bottom of the first page and was made on the 3rd.

I've got my order in! :D

AND, WSR, I'm sure that everything will work out for you all you need is Faith, Hope and Patience ( I know, won't pay the bills - But you'll do Alright)

Let me tell you a little about faith hope and patience....it's all bull pucky! I've kept the faith, I've been patient and I hold out hope, nothing makes a difference and nothing matters.

But, I do hope the very best for you Robert!

WELL, EXCUSE ME. I was only trying to send some encouragement and hope along the way. It isn't always easy to wear a smile since it is expected of you especially when you are crying and dying a little each day inside. There are a lot of us who have had things go on with and to them. There are many, I'm sure, who don't show their emotions nor share them BUT we don't mind when others share.

On topic . . . nothing in the mailbox.

Edited by fairyhoney

Well, the mail is not here yet but I got an e-mail in my e-mailbox. It was from geoswag and showed their pre-salesite and wohooo, my designed coins are up for sale!!!!

Geocoin - Starcatcher Gold (new) ,they come in two finishes and also in my own very limited edition for me to trade.

The picture of the nickel one looks blue but it is supposed to be purple. I think the coins came out very nice and are "holidayish" :laughing::D

Hope you like them too.

grodan Karin

Well, the mail is not here yet but I got an e-mail in my e-mailbox. It was from geoswag and showed their pre-salesite and wohooo, my designed coins are up for sale!!!!

Geocoin - Starcatcher Gold (new) ,they come in two finishes and also in my own very limited edition for me to trade.

The picture of the nickel one looks blue but it is supposed to be purple. I think the coins came out very nice and are "holidayish" :laughing::D

Hope you like them too.

grodan Karin

I've seen the photos ~ way to go!

Great to see an original geocoin, using a variation on a theme.

Beautiful in it's simplicity.

AND, WSR, I'm sure that everything will work out for you all you need is Faith, Hope and Patience ( I know, won't pay the bills - But you'll do Alright)

Let me tell you a little about faith hope and patience....it's all bull pucky! I've kept the faith, I've been patient and I hold out hope, nothing makes a difference and nothing matters.

But, I do hope the very best for you Robert!

WELL, EXCUSE ME. I was only trying to send some encouragement and hope along the way. It isn't always easy to wear a smile since it is expected of you especially when you are crying and dying a little each day inside. There are a lot of us who have had things go on with and to them. There are many, I'm sure, who don't show their emotions nor share them.

Sorry. Once again, I've allowed my true feelings to spill out onto the forums.

Oh, and to stay on topic....nothing yesterday.

Edited by Rockin Roddy

This week I recieved 3 coins I bought from Crowesfeat30.

And today, Sinterklaas (Millieballon in this case) stopped by my house to drop a Purrfect Cat geocoin in my mailbox!!!! And also a pathtag with Sina, Millieballon's Icelandic Horse. It looks great! Thank you Millieballon :laughing:

b4a88f12-fef3-4e93-9974-af8c585ae02e.jpg

And today, Sinterklaas (Millieballon in this case) stopped by my house to drop a Purrfect Cat geocoin in my mailbox!!!! And also a pathtag with Sina, Millieballon's Icelandic Horse. It looks great! Thank you Millieballon :laughing:

b4a88f12-fef3-4e93-9974-af8c585ae02e.jpg

hihihihi CONGARTS Li-Z that you was a sweet girl no trip to spain with SINTERKLAAS :D

have a good SINTERKLAAS evening.........

3c4200890628P77b3.jpg

:D<_<<_<:unsure:

\h

Forget to mention that it was followed whit a note saying it was torn in the machine at Uppsala here in Sweden, so it´s not the mailman being a thief.

\h

Edited by hasseper

And today, Sinterklaas (Millieballon in this case) stopped by my house to drop a Purrfect Cat geocoin in my mailbox!!!! And also a pathtag with Sina, Millieballon's Icelandic Horse. It looks great! Thank you Millieballon :D

hihihihi CONGARTS Li-Z that you was a sweet girl no trip to spain with SINTERKLAAS <_<

have a good SINTERKLAAS evening.........

Thanks Lorca! A good Sinterklaasevening to you to! We're celebrating Sinterklaas tomorrow so I still have some rhymes to make for everyone. But I don't feel really inspired to start writing so I'm reading the forum instead.... :laughing:

Ooops, I almost forgot...I received a little envelope this morning, to me from ME?? Inside was a wonderful little Maine Lobster pathtag! Now, wonder who could have sent me this little ray of sunshine??? :laughing:

THANKS my friend, you are very special to me!

Woot! Me too, I also received a little Maine Lobster today. Very cool, Thank you mystery lobster sender! This little guy looks like crawdads we have in the creeks around here in the spring. Love it! :D

Ooops, I almost forgot...I received a little envelope this morning, to me from ME?? Inside was a wonderful little Maine Lobster pathtag! Now, wonder who could have sent me this little ray of sunshine??? :D

THANKS my friend, you are very special to me!

Woot! Me too, I also received a little Maine Lobster today. Very cool, Thank you mystery lobster sender! This little guy looks like crawdads we have in the creeks around here in the spring. Love it! <_<

Dang! I did, too! It's as cute as anything,too! I cached in Maine, so it is doubly dear to me - someone thought to send it and I was there!!!

Wow...I musta done something good....I wish I knew what it was; I'd do it again!

:laughing:

Many sincere thanks from me to the sender.

Wow...I musta done something good....I wish I knew what it was; I'd do it again!

:laughing: Aw c'mon, you are always doing something good <_<

I received some loot finally!!!

* 20 coin cases (thank you forthferalz!!!!)

* Dhenninger - so cute

* 2 Lobsters

* Gold Alien Compass Rose

* Dhenninger xmas pathtag - w00t!

...and a great Xmas package from Ljay THANKYOU so much!!!! :D

3c4200890628P77b3.jpg

:D<_<<_<:unsure:

\h

Forget to mention that it was followed whit a note saying it was torn in the machine at Uppsala here in Sweden, so it´s not the mailman being a thief.

\h

Maybe you couls see if they have a "Lost and Found" at the Post Office. Someone may have found the missing contents (on the floor, or in the machine)and placed it there??

wow! i don't know whether to jump up and down or hold on to my chair for dear life. while i was working on my coins, a 5.5 earth quake hit a few miles north of here. that is a pretty good rockin' n' rollin'. i knew what it was before it actually hit. you can hear one coming.

ANYWAY! i opened up an envelope, to me from me - wait i read about that - and thought, "oh look, a scorpio from maine" pathtag.

no, silly girl. that is a lobster pathtage! a mystery pathtag. don't know what i did to deserve that but thank you so very much generous sender.

AND a jellyfish in a christmas card. now i am really jumping up and down. two presents in one day! how cool is that. the jellyfish is a copper finish and is stunning.

thanks so much jellyfish Ed!

rsg/lara

3086368552_d80c385292_o.jpg

this is such a rare treat, i am almost, but not quite, speechless. thank you thank you thank you!!!

Edited by RedShoesGirl

forgot to post this one from a couple of days ago. another piece of art we see here in the geocoin world. the geo bonefish from [D]22.

handmade, lost wax bronze and a hefty piece of metal. (colours are a little funky, but a pure lovely bronze)

it's all about aesthetics, the reasons for collecting.

thanks squareD!

3068637155_8377a61418_o.jpg

Edited by RedShoesGirl
forgot to post this one from a couple of days ago. another piece of art we see here in the geocoin world. the geo bonefish from [D]22.

handmade, lost wax bronze and a hefty piece of metal. (colours are a little funky, but a pure lovely bronze)

it's all about aesthetics, the reasons for collecting.

thanks squareD!

3068637155_8377a61418_o.jpg

Wow Fantastic coin, would love to trade something for one. Will have to contact [D]22, hehehe, congrads RSG

Mrs. jAY miLLS here for the first time ever - I got exciting mail today. My first pathtag in the mail that was addressed to me that says Maine Caching. Jim says he thinks he knows who that is. I just love those little pathtags they are so cute. Thank you very much for making my day :D .

Sally

Mrs. jAY miLLS

Mrs. jAY miLLS here for the first time ever - I got exciting mail today. My first pathtag in the mail that was addressed to me that says Maine Caching. Jim says he thinks he knows who that is. I just love those little pathtags they are so cute. Thank you very much for making my day :) .

Sally

Mrs. jAY miLLS

Made my day too just watching you :) love you.

In my mailbox today and last week or so:

DSCN1498.jpg

From DaFunkyFrogs: Alien Compass Rose Shiny Nickel.

From Vanelle: Dragonfly Talisman Ocean Mist, Mimbres Antique Bronze, Geopix personal, Bremen 2006 antique gold, and Birka 2-tone.

From haysonics: Templar 2-tone LE, Compass Rose 2008 antique silver, King of Geocaching black nickel LE.

Received my first 3 geocoins in the mail today.

A beautiful Celtic Moon coin and 2 Texas coins. The wife will be getting the Celtic coin along with a Celtic Sun coin that should be here soon. I wish I could get my hands on one of the Celtic Star coins to complete the set for her. I plan to release one of the Texas coins into the wild while keeping one for my personal collection.

I can already see that this new hobby is going to get expensive. :D