What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Sitting here at the computer affords me a good view of the driveway, so I was able to watch the mail lady pull in this morning...she doesn't do that unless I've got a package!! Yep, that's a nice box she's bringing to the door!!

I know it says not to open until Christmas, but let me tell you, the last few days have been pretty rough on me, I have been really struggling, so I decided Christmas was TODAY!! Funny how these boxes and packages always seem to find the recipient at just the right moment, I truly needed a smile!

I opened the beautifully wrapped box to find a card from Santa!! Under that was a great geocaching mug wrapped in garland! Then I found a few buttons, some patches, a nice flashlight, a geocaching pin, a couple of wraps for the TB tags,ageocaching wristband, 5 camo'd film cannisters and 4 coins!!

The coins: 2 "See you in Sacramento" VW hippie bus coins (one light blue and one teal"a Geocaching Saarland 2008 (I've never seen this one before...nice!!) and lastly, a CrazyCaveLovers GW5 "Girls just gotta have fun" coins!!

THANK YOU very much for lifting my spirits today, my sorta mystery santa (only clues were the Windsor bags and the CCL coin)!! Not being able to participate in the santa mission, I was a bit bummed, but this completely unexpected surprise sure was AWEOME and a great show of kindness!! The card was very touching, I THANK you for the kind words!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I'm glad that something came to lift your spirits!!

this came yesterday but i actually forgot to check the mail!

you know how you think something is going to be one size and then it turns out much larger. this was one of those things, this is a big coin.

non-trackable, geomuse 2007. see through colours, fabulous!

3052909511_dda4498bc3_o.jpg

That's a great looking Coin! Congratulations.

thanks robert! glad you like it too. it really is a super looking coin!

lara

After A long, stressful,drama filled, 4 day week end , I was feeling very pent up,its been snowing and Ive been wanting to go caching for over a week now- but every day and night has been filled up with plans,Today to my susprize I recieved a package in the mail, that instantly put a smile on my face decorated in cheerful mittins with swirls and snowflakes came theese

a8a1ae57-fdbf-497b-9553-e91b6a55e5a8.jpg

1. here comes the sun- suncacher 2 I Love geocoins 3. compass

I absoutly love the I love geocoins coin! (what a cool design) and I love the unique look of the sun cutout, I also remember seeing the thread for the compass coins but dont remember off the top of my head who designed them,,point is.... I absoutly LOVE them!!! Thank you soooo much Sarah for the coins and ending the dreded "I had a bay day" scheem,life tends to play on me. :huh: :huh: :D

We haven't posted in this thread before, but have been receiving so many envelopes for trades of our Highwood Pass geocoin that it's time to start sharing! Today we received 9 coins in trade, 4 coins we purchased and a trio of pathtags. We received multiples of 4 coins (different finishes), but I only included one of each design in the photo.

3075574047_c851a4e3fd.jpg

We haven't posted in this thread before, but have been receiving so many envelopes for trades of our Highwood Pass geocoin that it's time to start sharing! Today we received 9 coins in trade, 4 coins we purchased and a trio of pathtags. We received multiples of 4 coins (different finishes), but I only included one of each design in the photo.

3075574047_c851a4e3fd.jpg

Oh oH.....I have to ask, and you can PM with the reply....where did ya get the dracula ptag?

And to keep on topic, it has been awhile, but I finally got something in the mail. My MarioBros Xmas Coin. Very nice and will be a great addition to the collection.

WAUWIE I GOT A LOVELY SUPRISE IN MY MAILBOX TODAY FROM SOUTHPAWAZ.........

a very lovely card with all cactus on it and i little penknife ( now i`m dangerous hihi) and a two sigs and a couple of skills.... :D

there is more i got two very BEAUTIFUL coins .....

a BIG JELLIE of SOUTHPAWAZ and it is the taste Prickly Pear (don`t know the taste) but it is the right color PINK I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE PINK :huh:

and the coin of LAVAL K-9 oh she is so lovely it is the doghouse of WYATT and on one side he is out caching and the other the lovely boy is on it tired of cahcing :huh:

see what SOUTHPAWAZ spoiled me for SINTERKLAAS......

bobby001.jpg

SOUTHPAWAZ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS LOVELY SUPRISE

YOU MAKE ME DAY A HAPPY DAY TREULY YOU DID ........

Woah! Seriously gorgeous coin!!! What does the back look like? :)

There are several versions with different colors.

cbab3030-11c7-46fd-b7a4-449f5f4dc796.jpg

WOW - That blue is totally and awesomely Beautiful :D:)

thats a very good looking coin, may have to add that to my seeking list- what is it called?

A couple of posts back shows the front of the coin and they called it " Celtic Cache Trio " :D

Edited by fairyhoney

I had a really good day at the post. I got my 3 Braheans and a Northern Planisphere (wooah that is a biiiiiig coin) in one package and in another I got my set of Mario Brothers Christmas coins. Going to go try to take good pics right now.

IMG_2502.jpg

Just adding the pics of what I got on Tuesday. Finally got around to sorting out how to load pics.

I don't know what to do...I know that there are cool things waiting for me in my box and more coming(650 miles away) and I'm scheduled to go there for a visit later this week. The problem is...I'm filling in on a Dedicated fleet, and If I step away to go get my mail, I may not get back in. No big deal, except that outside this fleet, work is really slow right now. This assignment has me on a guaranteed daily pay rate, and I'm afraid to go back out into the "work comes and goes" realm...where I might find myself sitting around with no work, and therefore no pay. I just don't know what to do...

Well - they are out and I got 10.

Which I'm hugging close...... No, I'm not trading at this stage....

2008 is almost at an end, but finally the NZ Kiwi geocoin hit my mailbox....

Coinside2600x400.jpg

gps.org.nz has told me that now the domestic sales are complete, that there will be going international, so I guess others will get them too....

In case you don't recognise it - that's a stylised kiwi - the national symbol of New Zealand.

Coinside2600x400.jpg

gps.org.nz has told me that now the domestic sales are complete, that there will be going international, so I guess others will get them too....

In case you don't recognise it - that's a stylised kiwi - the national symbol of New Zealand.

how very beautiful, congratulations!

rsg

Coinside2600x400.jpg

rsg

I had nothing to do with the design....

Just a member of the national geocacahing / gps society.... so was lucky to get first dibs....

I just don't know what to do...

of course you do! you keep working and get your mail when you can. it will be waiting for you.

rsg

Maybe not...If it doesn't fit in the PO Box, they only hold it so long before they send it back. Anyway, I thought the problem might be solved for me, and it has. When I got back to the truck, there was a message that I have been released from that fleet, so I should be headed to the Box any day now. Perfect timing. I just hope they can keep me busy now.

Coinside2600x400.jpg

rsg

Yes, It is. I love the Bird, and the pattern in back too!

Coinside2600x400.jpg

OMG!!! :D I HAVE to get one of these coins!!! How? Where? When?

CF30

I don't know what to do...I know that there are cool things waiting for me in my box and more coming(650 miles away) and I'm scheduled to go there for a visit later this week. The problem is...I'm filling in on a Dedicated fleet, and If I step away to go get my mail, I may not get back in. No big deal, except that outside this fleet, work is really slow right now. This assignment has me on a guaranteed daily pay rate, and I'm afraid to go back out into the "work comes and goes" realm...where I might find myself sitting around with no work, and therefore no pay. I just don't know what to do...

Oh man, it really sucks that you were taken off that route! I know how slow the time around Christmas and after Christmas is for truckers, been there, done that!

Well, make the best of it, enjoy your package and the holidays, at least you have a better chance of avoiding the holiday idjits out there on the road the next couple of weeks a bit better!

Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down!

Naomi :D

Coinside2600x400.jpg

Wow! I absolutely love that coin. How neat!

Oh man, it really sucks that you were taken off that route! I know how slow the time around Christmas and after Christmas is for truckers, been there, done that!

Well, make the best of it, enjoy your package and the holidays, at least you have a better chance of avoiding the holiday idjits out there on the road the next couple of weeks a bit better!

Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down!

Naomi :D

Thank you. It was good while it lasted. They have had me waiting since Friday, but still getting paid, so I knew it couldn't last too long, before they either put me back to work, or set me loose. I'll have to go to the truck wash if I'm supposed to have a shily side!!

I just don't know what to do...

of course you do! you keep working and get your mail when you can. it will be waiting for you.

rsg

Maybe not...If it doesn't fit in the PO Box, they only hold it so long before they send it back. Anyway, I thought the problem might be solved for me, and it has. When I got back to the truck, there was a message that I have been released from that fleet, so I should be headed to the Box any day now. Perfect timing. I just hope they can keep me busy now.

i hope so too! make hay while the sun shines and all that stuff.

lara

Not today but two days ago I got a box and an envelope. The box was fro O'Dell it had a nice cup with hot chocolate, a Santa cookie, a nice can of old Fasioned Hard Candy, keychain, postcards, but the best was a path tag and puppy pound cache buddies. The envelope was a trade in it was Alabama 2008 flower, The Maneki Neko Geocoin which would be great for my animal fram. Thanks for the coins.

AND, WSR, I'm sure that everything will work out for you all you need is Faith, Hope and Patience ( I know, won't pay the bills - But you'll do Alright)

Let me tell you a little about faith hope and patience....it's all bull pucky! I've kept the faith, I've been patient and I hold out hope, nothing makes a difference and nothing matters.

But, I do hope the very best for you Robert!

Havn`t had any coins for weeks :D

And yesterday this was in my mailbox

3c4200890628P77b3.jpg

:laughing::rolleyes::lol::cool:

Don`t now what was in the envelope, but i suspect it could be a geocoin even though i don´t expect any coins. It could even be coins i ordered long tima ago and forgot that i ordered it.

\h

What a bummer! It's happened to me before as I'm sure it's happened to others as well.

And that's why we DON'T just throw the coin into a regular envelope and mail it off. And if you HAVE to do that, PLEASE mail the coin securely to the envelope.