What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

these came in the mail a day or so ago. they are called "spades." chinese spades. these are fake ones but they were used as, you guessed it, COINS!

i bought them because i thought they would make cool sig items and i could probably reproduce the pieces.

just a thought. anyone read chinese?

2993402345_39a9e9a8d4_o.jpg

edited to add picture

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

these came in the mail a day or so ago. they are called "spades." chinese spades. these are fake ones but they were used as, you guessed it, COINS!

i bought them because i thought they would make cool sig items and i could probably reproduce the pieces.

just a thought. anyone read chinese?

rsg

not much but i got into numismatics and hence geoocoins. You will find info readily on the web as the reprocoins are of 'famous' finds eg. http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china1.htm

has a pic of one like your coinschifd23.jpg

like most coins they are mint and denomination marks this one is WU which without seeing the character can mean '5'

"Some of the characters may be mints' names, but the Shanghai Encyclopedia lists about 500 variations, many times the number of potential minting authorities. These are more likely series marks within a limited number of mints, which indicated mint masters, dates or both, but the key to their meaning is probably lost forever."

http://primaltrek.com/spade.html this is good site too -seems the top left character on the far left coin which looks like an upside down pitch fork means bu meaning spade; PPS some might be charms and not money

ppps think i've tracked down one of your coins - the bottomright looks like a repro of the right hand threejin coin http://www.cultural-china.com/chinaWH/html...615bye7296.html

b02fa107e2422ee14e4d041014bda125.jpg

pppps and it is a great site to learn characters from ! http://characters.cultural-china.com/163.html

have fun RSG - night :)

Edited by forthferalz

Came in (last 4 weeks):

2011999120041878732S500x500Q85.jpg

2688478970041878732S425x425Q85.jpg

Halloween Compass rose (4x)

GoldStar Shiny Gold

Road to Sacramento Blue

DNF Gold

CH (Schweiz Switzerland)

USA Bumper Sticker (United States)

FIN (Finland)

The Persistence Of Caching AB LE

The Persistence Of Caching AS

I Came I Saw I Cached

Pug Geocion AS (2x)

Pathtag Sherpa

Beachball

Letterboxing

GWVI bear

Nerd

Geoguitar

Highly Addictive Polished Silver

Fiabus cat (3x)

Grodan&Fiabus pathtag

Pure (black)

Isle Royale National Park Antique Silver

Pin (dutch flag)

every once in a while, one gets to fulfill a goal. since i started coin collecting, my goal was to collect all the tranquilities, mint errors and all.

today was the day!

yes, ladies and gentlemen, the mythical, mystical, elusive antique bronze is MINE! plus castle man included a couple of other coins in our trade. remember when i offered ALL my traders for the one coin, well, he took me up on it but included "blood in the ocean" tranq AND an indy diver V1.5. very cool and on my seeking list.

i am thinking i am satisfied, no need to acquire any more coins. life is good.

3001243832_620c39ac40_o.jpg

rsg

every once in a while, one gets to fulfill a goal. since i started coin collecting, my goal was to collect all the tranquilities, mint errors and all.

today was the day!

yes, ladies and gentlemen, the mythical, mystical, elusive antique bronze is MINE! plus castle man included a couple of other coins in our trade. remember when i offered ALL my traders for the one coin, well, he took me up on it but included "blood in the ocean" tranq AND an indy diver V1.5. very cool and on my seeking list.

rsg

Great job RSG!!! I have yet to have one tranquility in my collection. Someday I hope to have just one!!! My day will come. Enjoy your collection. YHM

today was the day!

rsg

WOW, CONGRATS RSG!!! While the Tranquility coins are nice (from what I've seen at least), that indy diver is AWESOME!!!!!!

Well done Castle Man, well done!!

Look what i found yesterday in my mailbox

geocoin_foundit_g.jpg

peacedove007.jpg

peacedove003.jpg

You can understand i was and am speechless.

A coiner has give me there mysteriecoin :D and a other smilecoin to set free. :D

No words can say enough to say thank you :D

Thank you ..thank you very much and thanks for believing in the smilemission and me.

Let imagine that the whole world smiles in a year and there comes peace :D that will be the best dream we can have :D

You know what i mean and i am still impressed so i have the feeling that i still not can say enough to thank you , but you know i am so thank full for your generousity.

with love Corina

Edited by Geo.Error

geocoin_foundit_g.jpg

peacedove007.jpg

peacedove003.jpg

A coiner has give me there mysteriecoin :D and a other smilecoin to set free. :D

Thank you ..thank you very much and thanks for believing in the smilemission and me.

Let imagine that the whole world smiles in a year and there comes peace :D that will be the best dream we can have :D

You know what i mean and i am still impressed so i have the feeling that i still not can say enough to thank you , but you know i am so thank full for your generousity.

with love Corina

MY SWEET FRIEND CONGRATS WITH THIS TWO BEAUTIFUL COINS, YOU DESERVE THEM.... B)

THANK YOU SO MUCH COINER WHO GIVE THIS TO MY FRIEND YOU MAKE ME HAPPY WITH DOING THIS FOR MY FRIEND :ph34r:

geocoin_foundit_g.jpg

peacedove007.jpg

peacedove003.jpg

with love Corina

THANK YOU SO MUCH COINER WHO GIVE THIS TO MY FRIEND YOU MAKE ME HAPPY WITH DOING THIS FOR MY FRIEND :ph34r:

Congrads Corina, You seem like a very sweet person, your very well deserve it and we are glad it made your day so much enjoyable. It is one beautiful geocoin. We will always treasure ours for a lifetime.

geocoin_foundit_g.jpg

peacedove007.jpg

peacedove003.jpg

with love Corina

Congrads Corina, You seem like a very sweet person, your very well deserve it and we are glad it made your day so much enjoyable. It is one beautiful geocoin. We will always treasure ours for a lifetime.

I am so happy for you Corina! You spread so many smiles and now two came home to you :o

I received this amazing piece of work from 0R0B0RUS!

He's truly got a talent...and incredible patience! He said this one was pretty difficult, and I can't thank him enough for putting up with the odd shape. His photo, too! Thanks Alan!!!

Yime

:(

0R0B0RUS does do the best work, even on a coin like mine!

2145b8ef-31f0-4648-8c8c-821c2f208268.jpg

COOL let's see the back :) . Seriously, of what I've seen, he DOES do an excellent job!

Yesterday I got a beautiful black nickel "Moon Mushroom" from a trade with BVnLJ, she also sent me one of her & her hubby's personal "Message in A Bottle" coins which was a lovely surprise!!!

...once again, thanks so much Lois Jean (will post a pic soon... but haven't got my photo editing software sorted out for this computer yet....nothing I had works with Windows Vista :) )

oke everybody i did not have something in my mailbox but something in my mouth.

i had a date with my friend Geo.Error because she had some beautiful things to show me what she had in her mail, so i jump in my car and drive so fast to my friend but (and pleazzzz don`t tell her....)

i did`t go for look her things but for waht she feed me hihihihi it was very good taste-ing tomato soup..

THANK YOU GEO.ERROR for the nice AFTERNOON :P and for the nice soup :(

sorry could`t resit to tell :)

i had a date with my friend Geo.Error because she had some beautiful things to show me what she had in her mail, so i jump in my car and drive so fast to my friend but (and pleazzzz don`t tell her....)

i did`t go for look her things but for waht she feed me hihihihi it was very good taste-ing tomato soup..

THANK YOU GEO.ERROR for the nice AFTERNOON B) and for the nice soup :D

sorry could`t resit to tell :D

:):(:P:)

I haven't posted my loot in awhile. Here's what I've received in the last month (hope I don't forget any!)

Lessee...

Gifts

3 Capsule Coins (in return for designing the icon)

Camp Explorer 2006 (in return for icon design)

Map@Syst Geocoin (freely given on condition it is released)

Geocoin Bug Mystery Coin (!!!!!!!!!)

Missions

Dorkfish Piranha - teal

GC&PC Oct 2007 Happy Cache-o-ween

GCC Sep 2008 The Cache Reaper

Caching Around America

G27 Aug 2006 Signal in Holland

GeocachingDragon BN/Silver

Geocoin Chicks of MWGB - Go Girl

GeoGuitar - Team Eccs21

Summerandnana 2008 Geotag

Jan and the Percey Boys Chester Cachers

Lancashire 2007 - Blackpool Tower

TeamEccs21 Gold

The DEAD Geocoin

GW5 Geocoin chick

GW6 CA Bear

Trades

VGC 2008 Kapitein Haak Silver (trade with Kapitein Haak)

VGC 2008 Riesjart & Superconny BN (trade with Riesjart)

VGC 2008 Delta123 v1 Gold (trade with Delta123)

VGC 2008 Delta123 v2 Gold (trade with Delta123)

VGC 2008 Delta123 v2 Silver (trade with Delta123)

Purchase

6 Celtic Cross 2008 (purchase)

3 World Diabetes Day 2007 (purchase)

I think that's everything. I may have missed one or two (that I don't want my wife to know about! :) )

and a other package was deliver by the mailman B)

And a big package from Southpawaz

~his big bean :)

~A beautiful coin from the hawaii volcanoes :(

~his skull sig That one goes at my cachebag :P

~a little coyote so tiny :)

~and a cute turtle pin who me remind me at the turtles at hawaii, :D

~and some cool sigs, :D

~and a cool gambel's quail card B)

~and money sigs B)

Wow, thanks Southpawaz for this big surprise, you are very generous B)

Thanks for sharing Hawaii with me , bobby B)

Also no photos because of the dark B)

Edited by Geo.Error

THANK YOU GEO.ERROR for the nice AFTERNOON B) and for the nice soup B)

No lorca.nl tell the true :P

You had to surrender your booty before you did get the tomato soup [treasure] :):(

pirate-large-back-wm.jpg

This beautiful coin i got from my matey :D

Thank you very much, but you spoil me woman B)

And i am happy you know that i am a pirate aarrgghhhhhh that is love :D aarrggggggggggggg

THANK YOU GEO.ERROR for the nice AFTERNOON B) and for the nice soup B)

No lorca.nl tell the true :P

You had to surrender your booty before you did get the tomato soup [treasure] :):(

pirate-large-back-wm.jpg

This beautiful coin i got from my matey :D

Thank you very much, but you spoil me woman B)

And i am happy you know that i am a pirate aarrgghhhhhh that is love :D aarrggggggggggggg

hihihihi i did tell the treu i did come for the soup B)

i`m poor now and can by food because i could`t resit to buy the coin for you so you have to feed me now :D:D

oh and lorca is B) at me because i did`t take her with me to her son B)

It was a good day today. I got my vampirepet, a frog, handmade by talented summerandnana. Thank you very much!!

I also got two nice pathtags from a trade, thank you!

The most fun though, I got my samplecoins for a new coin, coming soon I hope. They are desinged by me but sold by others. You keep an eye open, they will be great for christmasgifts.

grodan Karin

It was a good day today. I got my vampirepet, a frog, handmade by talented summerandnana. Thank you very much!!

The most fun though, I got my samplecoins for a new coin, coming soon I hope. They are desinged by me but sold by others. You keep an eye open, they will be great for christmasgifts.

grodan Karin

im intrigued :anibad:

I received my very first Tranquility coin today and I am hooked! I have never seen such a gorgeous coin! Must....Have....More.... :blink:

welcome to the TranqNuts club.

check out the tranquility thread for more info about the coins. i have a list of what is out there.

lara

Thanks Lara :blink: Looks like there are a couple that I am missing :anibad:

a perfect day here in lovely downtown barstow. well, not quite perfect because it was too bloody cold, but the coins that arrived are perfect!

check out the last tranquility to finish up the collection AND a really HTF johnnie lacy. been wanting one of those forever. boy, i love these older personal non-trackable coins.

3007266336_cf57037198_o.jpg

rsg

a6eae3b7-a289-479b-913d-51b6145d7c70.jpg

The most fun though, I got my samplecoins for a new coin, coming soon I hope. They are desinged by me but sold by others. You keep an eye open, they will be great for christmasgifts if only they get ready in time.

grodan Karin

Not in my mailbox, but from new friends at an event last night AND in a nearby cache today:

week6006-1.jpg

A big thanks to Varuna, who gifted me the hearing impaired coin and who is a deaf geocacher and a darling.

The Garmin UK coin was won at a local event and brought directly from the UK by zensunni

The Wishing coin ????????????

Thank-you!!!!

Edited by gardengorilla

today my coins from a trade from schultz & schultz arrived. i recieved a mother nature cito coin and an abomination coin. and wow, they are even more beautiful in real life. i didnt realise the true size of the cito coin untill i got to hold it in my hand. its larger than i thought it would be. i really love these coins, they are going to remain in my keepers collection. thanks my friend for the good trade.