What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Went to the post office today to pick up my mail and got a bunch of math trades; thanks all!

I received a very special package from SFC James Finney that made me break down in tears as I was not expecting to receive the package I did. Inside of a box was a folded American Flag with a large picture of the guys at the Iraq event they held in April. There was also a certificate that the flag was flown of HQ of the Multi-National Corps-Iraq in my honor during Operation Iraqi Freedom. As a prior service member myself , a kid who grew up as a "military brat" and as someone who flies the American flag in my own yard, this was something extraordinary and very special, I need to find a special place for these to display. I'm currently remodeling my art/craft room, so I think it's going to go in there when I'm done. Thank you James, you really made my day special. God Bless you all and praying for you and all the soldiers safe return home.

tsun :angry:

Oh, WOW, Steph! That is just awesome! SFC James Finney is a great guy!

CF30

Yesterday I received one of THE coolest geoguitars!

Problem is, I can't tell who sent it to me! *embarassed* The only clue we have is that you live in Fort Collins!

So, whoever you are, thank you! We absolutely love this thing and spent half an hour watching it glow last night!

It's a pale greenish/bluish/white when it's not glowing, with royal blue translucent accents, and on the back it says "night cachin' blues" and it glows this awesome turquoise blue that is so bright it can cast a shadow!

Absolutely love it! THank you!!

Naomi :rolleyes:

Okay, these did not all come today - a few came yesterday, some are from GW VI, and most were gathered over the last month...

Geoguitars2-1.jpg

Geoguitars3.jpg

Geoguitars1-1.jpg

thanks for all the wonderful trades - you guys are great at choosing striking color combinations!

Valerie

Valerie, those guitars are fantastic looking, people sure do have imaginations on putting cool colors together for these beauties.

Wanted to Say Hello Too

Valarie aka sweetlife

Okay, these did not all come today - a few came yesterday, some are from GW VI, and most were gathered over the last month...

Geoguitars2-1.jpg

Geoguitars3.jpg

Geoguitars1-1.jpg

thanks for all the wonderful trades - you guys are great at choosing striking color combinations!

Valerie

beautiful collection! those little stands are perfect to display the guitars.

rsg

InMailbox31_05_2008.JPG

I got my souviner mission today! kdv sent a Galileo geocoin and one of thier Flying Nerds. The others are a GW 6 Evil Micro, Lava Lamp, Micro Bus and The Cache Matrix (That's one big coin!)

I got curious about the green coin in the lower left side of one of the photos, it looks like it is some cucumbers on it and shaped also, anyone know something about it?? It would fit right in my collection I think, especially if it is trackable.

grodan Karin

Karin, The coin is the Geoswag Coin & Pin Club April 2008 coin. It has a pile of pickles on one side and the other says: "When life dills you a good day of caching, relish in the moments and pickle the good ones!" It is trackable.

I have an extra; email me if you are interested in a trade.

Got the "hat trick" this week as I had a package arrive Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The wooden nickel came from City of Rocks State Park north of Deming, New Mexico. The state parks of NM are celebrating their 75th Anniversary.

Top row: Permanence Geocoin, Starry Sky Geocoin

Second Row: Purple flying nerdling

Third row: 75 anniversary nickel from NM state parks, Last Cache of the day, and Black Renagade Nerd.

geoswag3.jpg

I got a sweet Sweetlife coin today-woohoo! Thanks for the trade!

Glad you like it, we knew you would. Thanks for posting what you got in the mail. Yes and thank You so much for the trade. Havent gotten our mail yet if we get yours today we will let you know.

sweetlife

Got the "hat trick" this week as I had a package arrive Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The wooden nickel came from City of Rocks State Park north of Deming, New Mexico. The state parks of NM are celebrating their 75th Anniversary.

Third row: 75 anniversary nickel from NM state parks, Last Cache of the day, and Black Renagade Nerd.

geoswag3.jpg

Ooooooh - I love the top right coin, the night sky is beautiful (isn't it based on a well known artist's work - just cannot remember the name...).

Just one question - I couldn't find it in the net; is "Starry Sky GC" the real name of this coin???

Best regards, Michael

Thursday: Trades with Tethys C for copper ammonites, leawelter nerd, and GeoKs for The Real Adventurer

Friday: Dawn of the Fairies N,G,C, BN and C

Today: Delivery from Landsharkz: 2 red Shark Attack, 1 Grey Shark Attack

2 Blue Beaver dude goes to GW6

1 Green Beaver dude goes to GW6

2 British geoguitars

Antique Brass Ammonites

And:

1 Nickel Night Hunter

1 Silver Night Hunter

050.jpg

geoswag3.jpg

Ooooooh - I love the top right coin, the night sky is beautiful (isn't it based on a well known artist's work - just cannot remember the name...).

Just one question - I couldn't find it in the net; is "Starry Sky GC" the real name of this coin???

Best regards, Michael

It is probably called "The Starry Night" as that is the name of the painting by Van Gogh that it is based on ("De sterrennacht" in Dutch).

A wonderful coin day for the Lazy Hayes Days II event:

A HUGE package from The Caching Place....WOW!! 15 TCP pins, 5 Original Stash plaque pins, an Original Stash coin, 20 cacher patches,, 2 travel buddies and a Modern Day Outlaws 2007 I played Adventure Quest IV "trophy"!! I've never seen anything like this before....NICE!! THANKS Sharon and The Caching Place!!

GPX Navigators sent us 2 Lifejacket coins and a GPX Geotag...oh and one for KAboom who said "THANX Michele"!! He doesn't get much coin mail and really enjoyed it!

Lastly but certainly not the least was from RedShoesGirl who sent me the BEAUTIFUL Geocoin Collecting coin...love the purple!!

THANKS for the great donations everyone, we truly appreciate the support!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

While I was in CA for GW6, I received the Night Hunter, Grodan & Fiabus, a Smort Nerd, and a Highland Geofairy. On Friday I got the BRoKeN W dinosaur and a matching pin and the Toojin & Bart that I traded for at GW. Saturday's mailbox contained the Dala Horses and the World Caching from Castleman. And today I got a Nerd from the Woodland Clan and I got an envelope addressed to me and from me and inside was Geocoin Angel Mystery Coin #079! :rolleyes:

DSC_0205.jpg

amazing day at the mailbox! first many coins, i think this is the most for any one day.

2546775098_dc98620afe_o.jpg

and, i have to say, the best thing of the day, a copy of the new arizona wildflower book which used one of my wildflower photos.

2546775208_562212c843_o.jpg

which means the payment will be here any day now - and that means MORE COINS!

lara

Ammonites!!! Oh, I am in love with these ammonites!!! :rolleyes: Today the ant. bronze ones came and I cannot wait until the ant. copper ones come! They are BIG and oh so beautiful! Tethys C you did a GREAT job on these coins! WOW!! A crown jewel in my collection for sure!

I also got a really cool Landsharkz coin with the red translucent. Love the silhouettes under the enamel. Very cool! :D

And I got a Saman Team in copper. This coin I only recently discovered that I could still buy. It has been on my seeking list for ever so long... :D

And from WI Robin a very cool white glittery guitar. :)

CF30

Went to the post office today to pick up my mail and got a bunch of math trades; thanks all!

I received a very special package from SFC James Finney that made me break down in tears as I was not expecting to receive the package I did. Inside of a box was a folded American Flag with a large picture of the guys at the Iraq event they held in April. There was also a certificate that the flag was flown of HQ of the Multi-National Corps-Iraq in my honor during Operation Iraqi Freedom. As a prior service member myself , a kid who grew up as a "military brat" and as someone who flies the American flag in my own yard, this was something extraordinary and very special, I need to find a special place for these to display. I'm currently remodeling my art/craft room, so I think it's going to go in there when I'm done. Thank you James, you really made my day special. God Bless you all and praying for you and all the soldiers safe return home.

tsun :rolleyes:

Just caught this post - Steph - how awesome! And well deserved. James is an awesome person for sure ~ as are all our Troops!

We are praying for all the Troops. I have been watching to see who activated the coin I sent - nothing to date but I am praying for the solider who received it and will be waiting and watching.

WOOO HOOO!!! Got me some coinage today. From the PTC my June PT, and from B-Labman the gold reaper PT. From my ebay win, my awesome ROT 13 Dragon spinner. This is one cool coin.

PARacers personal coin which is great. I love personal coins from cachers I have met. Cant wait to get my own personal coin. 2 Matrix spinners (1 to keep the other to trade), 3 pack of 2008 Evil Micros micro coins (1 glow that I keep, and 2 regulars which 1 I will keep the other dont know yet), 1 Micro Road to Sacramento coin, and 1 Gold 2007 Signal Xmas coin all from Geoswag. It was like opening a treasure chest when I got home tonight from work. I was so excited. Can't wait till the next shipment comes in. IMG_0110.jpg

Well, I was totally stunned by what arrived in our post today. Our purple Earth Turtle from Ebay arrived (beautiful!)... along with Walpurgis Event 2008 coins (a silver and a copper) and also a Walpurgis Event 2006 coin (love those little witches) that the other half had bought for me as a complete surprise!! These were all coins that were on my dream list, so you wouldn't think that anything could top that......but something very special indeed did.

There was another envelope addressed to both me and Andy. I thought to myself that it must be something from the "Lhasa Apso Club of Scotland" LOL because that's usually how they're addressed....but when I opened it I was truly stunned......a beautiful black and gold (#023) Highland Geofairy coin...and from The Highland Geofairy herself!!!!!

It's honestly taken hours to sink in, I never dreamt that I (or that should be we!!) would ever own one of these beautiful coins and the thought that the lovely HGF chose to send us one herself means so much to both of us and makes it doubley special. It's just the loveliest feeling ever and I know that this sounds soppy but I've honestly shed quite a few tears today since opening that little packet.....very happy ones though.

Thank you so much once again HGF for sprinkling your fairy dust down our way, we really are over the moon and will treasure this little coin always. Thanks too for the little task that you asked if we would help you with....we will be absolutely delighted to help, and feel really honoured at getting asked.

I collect fairies and witches....so it's been quite a day for me because I had neither in coin form before.

I certainly DO believe...always have and always will!!.

Ali :D

fairiesweb4.jpg

believeweb1.jpg

giftweb.jpg

Edited by Geo-Gophers
Well, I was totally stunned by what arrived in our post today. Our purple Earth Turtle from Ebay arrived (beautiful!)... along with Walpurgis Event 2008 coins (a silver and a copper) and also a Walpurgis Event 2006 coin (love those little witches) that the other half had bought for me as a complete surprise!! These were all coins that were on my dream list, so you wouldn't think that anything could top that......but something very special indeed did.

There was another envelope addressed to both me and Andy. I thought to myself that it must be something from the "Lhasa Apso Club of Scotland" LOL because that's usually how they're addressed....but when I opened it I was truly stunned......a beautiful black and gold (#022) Highland Geofairy coin...and from The Highland Geofairy herself!!!!!

It's honestly taken hours to sink in, I never dreamt that I (or that should be we!!) would ever own one of these beautiful coins and the thought that the lovely HGF chose to send us one herself means so much to both of us and makes it doubley special. It's just the loveliest feeling ever and I know that this sounds soppy but I've honestly shed quite a few tears today since opening that little packet.....very happy ones though.

Thank you so much once again HGF for sprinkling your fairy dust down our way, we really are over the moon and will treasure this little coin always. Thanks too for the little task that you asked if we would help you with....we will be absolutely delighted to help, and feel really honoured at getting asked.

I collect fairies and witches....so it's been quite a day for me because I had neither in coin form before.

I certainly DO believe...always have and always will!!.

Ali :D

fairiesweb4.jpg

believeweb1.jpg

giftweb.jpg

WOW Geo Gophers!!, C..O..N..G..R..A..D..S on receiving the beautiful Highland Geocoin Fairy. Hope the Geofairy spreds her wings and fly's along this way to our home in NorthEastern Wisconsin some day. You were truley blessed by the dust the fairy left for you. Thanks for sharing the pictures, they are really nice.

Barry and Valarie aka sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife

A little off topic but for those that into pathtags we got a visit from the Path Tag fairy. Had an envelope in the mail today. Had our address as the return address and as I was opening it could tell it was a pathtag but knew we didn't have an trades active. Behold it was new pathtag. Very cool and thank you.

:) please a photo, i am curious :D