What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

WOW WOW WOW!!! :back::back::mad:

OH MY GOODNESS!

The mail today.... *speechless*

I received 2 anonymous packages, one that came from Hogwild and one that came from Landsharkz...

In them were both finishes of the Kuntry Kashin coin which I just think is the greatest thing since root beer in a can, lol... AND... from the other of my anonymous benefactors, 2 of the beautiful Christmas Snowglobes, one in each finish, each more beautiful than the other! I'm just speechless as the beauty of them and saying thank you just isn't enough, I wish there were words to express my gratitude and appreciation for both sets of these coins that I've been gifted with!

Then Hanna and I got a pair of pathtags from MightyZinn and Intolerable, one for each of us, that are just TOO cool and GLOW! Oh, I love glowing coins, and yes, Joni, I take them to a closet and sit and look at them in the dark B)

I got a great looking black glitter Chaos Cotton Candy coin from Astartus that we traded for...it's so cool, it complements my white Isbjörnsbär coin so neatly - one black glitter and one white glitter!

Then the surprise package, which Hanna and I also shared, was a sweet little Christmas card from Robin in WI... Caitlyn promptly took posession of the card with the puppy on it, hehehe, and inside it there were not one, not two, not three, but FOUR totally cool Nerdz! I got a turquoise and white glitter one out of the deal and Hanna got the lilac and laser colored ones (what a big surprise since I let her choose the two she wanted, lol)

Icing on the cake and a little lagniappe from Hogwild in the form of a sweet little santa hat!

And then there's what Hanna received in the mail today! She'll be online in a while to give her thanks, as well!!

Thanks, everyone, for the trades, the gifts, the cards, and the Merry Christmas wishes!!

Naomi B):(;)B)

CONGRATS Naomi!!! Those Kuntry Kashin coins are GREAT! I can't speak for the globes as I've not seen them in person, but they do look great from the pics I've seen! Couldn't have been gifted to a better person!!

Also CONGRATS Hanna!!! You are both very lucky to have such caring friends who'd send you those beauties!!

What an AWESOME family we have here in the forums....WONDERFUL!!!

Agent Maldar ask the target to read the log he has just written and tell him what he thinks.

Maldar writes the following in the logbook:

12/25/7 1422hrs

Caching with Rod. He is about to receive a new GPSr and discover who I really am.

Maldar

While Rod reads the log Maldar retrieves a small gift bag from his backpack and places the GPSr inside. All the while Rod is in disbelief and reeling from the post in the log. Maldar hands Rod the gift bag, which also contains a set of person coins from KayakerInMaine.

1440hrs

Rod and Agent Maldar arrive back at the vehicles where Maldar pulls out 2 more gift bags for Rod's boys.

1500hrs

Agent Maldar and Rod continue caching and find 3 more caches before calling it a day.

Extra Notes:

Many hugs and hand shakes where exchanged in the course of the day.

Special Acknowledgements:

LadyBee4T, for helping Anne

Victory Mike, HomeBru, and Geoaddict; for not spoiling the surprise and stepping up to the plate with offers to help a new cacher.

Wow, I am in awe of how kind everyone in this forum is. And to think people say the forums are a scary place to be. Not from what I've seen in the last couple of days! Rod, I am so happy for you.. I know this couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! And Maldar, being MI cachers, too, I hope that mr. kyk and i will get to meet you at an event or on the trail because you are top notch in our book! :back:

Then Hanna and I got a pair of pathtags from MightyZinn and Intolerable, one for each of us, that are just TOO cool and GLOW! Oh, I love glowing coins, and yes, Joni, I take them to a closet and sit and look at them in the dark :back:

:mad: I can just picture that!

We go in the bathroom (no window) and play with them in front of the mirror. Glow streaks. :back:

Then Hanna and I got a pair of pathtags from MightyZinn and Intolerable, one for each of us, that are just TOO cool and GLOW! Oh, I love glowing coins, and yes, Joni, I take them to a closet and sit and look at them in the dark :back:

We go in the bathroom (no window) and play with them in front of the mirror. Glow streaks. :back:

COOL! I'm gonna have to go try that one!!

Naomi :(

*blushing* hush! lol! :back:

I'm glad he got it, I just wish he had gotten it before Christmas!

So, have we restored that little boy's faith in Santa? I sure hope so! It was fun finding and personalizing the letter for him!

Not only is faith in Santa restored, he now full on believes flying reindeer to be real because of Santa talking about the reindeer in the letter :-) It really was very cool.

Hanna seemed to be of restored faith Christmas morning when she got up and found Santa had been here, eaten her cookies, drank her milk, and the reindeers had eaten the carrots AND Santa took the picture she drew for him :back:... thank goodness! I just am not ready for my little girl to grow up yet! I think that the gifts and stockings and the card with her name on it from Santa helped a lot, too!

I was prepared to talk to her this week about Santa, but I think I may be able to hold off one year more, thankfully!

Merry Christmas Zinn! And merry Christmas everyone else! Let the magic never end!

Naomi :mad:

:-) I hope you can squeeze a few more years of believing out and if there's anything we can do to help next year know all you have to do is say the word. We really appreciated you giving us that moment with mightyzinn. May mystery coins rain down from above for you and Hanna! (just as long of they don't rain down ON you ;-))

Or, get a ultra violet flashlight, and they will glow in broad daylight ;)

Or, get a ultra violet flashlight, and they will glow in broad daylight ;)

It doesn't work in black light though does it? I have a couple of coins that said use blacklight but nothing happend when we tried. Where does one get an ultraviolet flash light?

OMG.....OMG.....OMG.....the wonders NEVER stop, I am blessed once again with the greatness of some caring souls here in the forums!! Two bubblers in the mail this AM....one from myself...with a BEAUTIFUL little elf on the address labels....YEAH!!! A GREEN GLITTERY STOCKING from our great friends Santa's Caching Clauses...THANK-YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

THEN...(as if that wasn't enough), I got another which was inside a priority envelope. This one I was certain was my gold/silver Alaska coin (which hasn't come yet)...until I saw it had some clues as to who it might be from! There was GS tape on the backside as well as the GS address (crossed off) on the bubbler...and a Redwood Valley CA address affixed instead....hmmmmm me thinks me knows!!

Inside this hefty package was a great little assortment of coins and a note:

"Hey Rod,

Hope you are able to trade these coins for a little something that you miss from your collection"!

Merry Christmas! Cache Hard and Cache ON!!"

the coins:

A BEAUTIFUL Mt Cachemore coin....The Blue Ridge Boys 2007 #28 (AG)

3rd Annual Airborne Event 2007...WOW, never seen this coin before! (s)

Nov 2006 GC&P Caching in the leaves (g or ag)

Copper Arrow One Celtic coin (square and HUGE!!!)

Geocaching Ohio's Canals (g I think) WOW what a HUGE coin!!

TRADE??? NO WAY!! These coins were sent to replenish my collection...and that's just what they did!! I've only seen 2 of these coins before, so I am just tickled pink with these!!

THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU oh special gifter....I THINK I know who you are...and I MUCH appreciate this!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!!

WOW WOW WOW!!! ;):back:B)

Then Hanna and I got a pair of pathtags from MightyZinn and Intolerable, one for each of us, that are just TOO cool and GLOW! Oh, I love glowing coins, and yes, Joni, I take them to a closet and sit and look at them in the dark :mad:

I got a great looking black glitter Chaos Cotton Candy coin from Astartus that we traded for...it's so cool, it complements my white Isbjörnsbär coin so neatly - one black glitter and one white glitter!

Then the surprise package, which Hanna and I also shared, was a sweet little Christmas card from Robin in WI... Caitlyn promptly took posession of the card with the puppy on it, hehehe, and inside it there were not one, not two, not three, but FOUR totally cool Nerdz! I got a turquoise and white glitter one out of the deal and Hanna got the lilac and laser colored ones (what a big surprise since I let her choose the two she wanted, lol)

And then there's what Hanna received in the mail today! She'll be online in a while to give her thanks, as well!!

Thanks, everyone, for the trades, the gifts, the cards, and the Merry Christmas wishes!!

Naomi :(B)B):back:

Of what I've read by you, you and your Hannah are worth it B)

There was "more " just for Hannah? . . . Cool!

Hi this is Hanna.

Today I got some neat stuff in the mail. I got a cool birthday package from BLE68 and it had a nerdz in it and 2 pretty pink rocks and a rock she painted with a smile face on it and 3 punching balls. Mamma said for me to share them with Caitlyn. I also got a red bear and a green bear and some bracelets and a wooden nickel and a little holder to make my own micro cache with that is really neat and some other things! I like the letter best! Thank you for sending it to me!

I got a coin from Fox and the Hound that I traded one of my geojellies for and a neat letter from them telling me about birds they get to see where they live.

Mamma and I shared the stuff that Robin sent. I got 2 really pretty nerdz from her and they glitter really pretty!

Then I got pretty coin from Florida for my birthday, I think it's from mommyfinder! Mamma said she was going to steal it from me because she thinks it's so cool! It has a funny looking animal called a manatee on it.

I also got 2 cool little coins from thirstymick and a cool fish that mamma says is a piranha on it that says geocoin forums, enter at your own risk!

On Saturday I got a really pretty package and it had pretty paper on it. Inside it was another box that was wrapped pretty too. I got a birthday present from Degai! It had a pretty box with 2 cats. I love cats! There ware a bunch of coins with it, too! I loved the bubble trouble geojelly because it has such a fun name and I like the color, I love it! I like the bird from the birds of a feather, too. It has pretty colors! The scary boo berry geojelly is neat! But my favorite is bubble trouble! Thank you for the pretty boxes, they made me real happy and I was really surprised!

Hanna

Hi this is Hanna.

Today I got some neat stuff in the mail. I got a cool birthday package from BLE68 and it had a nerdz in it and 2 pretty pink rocks and a rock she painted with a smile face on it and 3 punching balls. Mamma said for me to share them with Caitlyn. I also got a red bear and a green bear and some bracelets and a wooden nickel and a little holder to make my own micro cache with that is really neat and some other things! I like the letter best! Thank you for sending it to me!

I got a coin from Fox and the Hound that I traded one of my geojellies for and a neat letter from them telling me about birds they get to see where they live.

Mamma and I shared the stuff that Robin sent. I got 2 really pretty nerdz from her and they glitter really pretty!

Then I got pretty coin from Florida for my birthday, I think it's from mommyfinder! Mamma said she was going to steal it from me because she thinks it's so cool! It has a funny looking animal called a manatee on it.

I also got 2 cool little coins from thirstymick and a cool fish that mamma says is a piranha on it that says geocoin forums, enter at your own risk!

On Saturday I got a really pretty package and it had pretty paper on it. Inside it was another box that was wrapped pretty too. I got a birthday present from Degai! It had a pretty box with 2 cats. I love cats! There ware a bunch of coins with it, too! I loved the bubble trouble geojelly because it has such a fun name and I like the color, I love it! I like the bird from the birds of a feather, too. It has pretty colors! The scary boo berry geojelly is neat! But my favorite is bubble trouble! Thank you for the pretty boxes, they made me real happy and I was really surprised!

Hanna

Congrats Hanna. That's some really neat stuff from some super people. Hopefully you & your family can make it to the US one day and meet some of these fantastic cachers. And isn't it fun having a December birthday? The party never ends! :(

Happy Holidays! :rolleyes:

Geocaching Ohio's Canals (g I think) WOW what a HUGE coin!!

Bronze Rod :rolleyes: Gold (Governor's edition) have only been given to about 6 people that I know of. FYI

P.S. Sweet sounding package. I know there's coins in there that are pretty cool. :(

Yep...probably bronze, didn't think of that! VERY nice coin. Soooo thick and hefty....gotta love it!

CONGRATS HANNA!!! Wow, sounds like you really had a WONDERFUL Christmas and Birthday....great things for a great child!!!

While I haven't had the week the Rockin Roddy is having (which by the way is pretty darn awesome), I'm still very pleased with what came in the mail for me today.

- The Original Masters of Cache (Thank you Chris Mackey) Chris you designed one sweet coin I must say.

- Geocacher University and another Masters of Cache - 2 in my collection..wow (Thank you Whitebear)

- paper thin Christmas bear with a Green hat (Thank you Karma)

4 great coins that have moved to the top of my favorites list in our budding collection. Thanks again everyone.

Well, I have coinmail... it's just about 500 miles away from me. Hubby said I have about 15 bubble mailers waiting for me when I get home next week. AARRG, I have never been very good at waiting. 7 days until I am home.. the countdown begins. I'll post all the goodies after I get home. I want to thank the ones that found my addy here in Albuquerque, you made my Christmas bearable and I will always be grateful. :rolleyes: Jodi

I got an Elfish Surprise gift today. :( It came from a North Pole Elf. I have no idea where this Elf mailed the package because the Return Address was MY address too. Plus the postage cancellation was incomplete and smeared. But, it does have a US Postage Stamp. It is a really cool Christmas Stocking design on the coin. On the back it says:

This Comes to You

In a Cacher's Guise

From the North Pole

An Elvish Surprise

And there is a signature which must be in the Elf language.

A card also came with it that has the same saying, but with some additional instructions:

A gift to keep or trade away

But no sales ever and not on ebay!

Please post your pictures and stories as well

And may you have a joyous Noel!

I haven't been to the North Pole, but I sure am glad that this Elf honored me with this gift. And, No - it's not available for a trade. :rolleyes:

I got an Elfish Surprise gift today. :( It came from a North Pole Elf. I have no idea where this Elf mailed the package because the Return Address was MY address too. Plus the postage cancellation was incomplete and smeared. But, it does have a US Postage Stamp. It is a really cool Christmas Stocking design on the coin. On the back it says:

This Comes to You

In a Cacher's Guise

From the North Pole

An Elvish Surprise

And there is a signature which must be in the Elf language.

A card also came with it that has the same saying, but with some additional instructions:

A gift to keep or trade away

But no sales ever and not on ebay!

Please post your pictures and stories as well

And may you have a joyous Noel!

I haven't been to the North Pole, but I sure am glad that this Elf honored me with this gift. And, No - it's not available for a trade. :rolleyes:

I got an Elfish Surprise gift today. :rolleyes: It came from a North Pole Elf. I have no idea where this Elf mailed the package because the Return Address was MY address too. Plus the postage cancellation was incomplete and smeared. But, it does have a US Postage Stamp. It is a really cool Christmas Stocking design on the coin.

I got one of these today too!

I'm guessing that the elf who was playing postal clerk today is going to bed covered in postmark ink. He sure was sloppy with that cancellation stamp on my envelope.

Wow, there are wonderful things going on out there B)

I am a little bit out of luck, as it seems B) Everything seems to be stuck at the office, waiting for the Rainforest Jewel I traded weeks ago, waiting for Nerds I traded weeks ago, waiting for orders that take much longer than usual. B) (But hopefully I will get a Castle Man "bit of luck" coin, maybe this helps B) )

But the worst thing... today I got a beautiful christmas card from Nochipra B) Thanks so much for it!!! B) But... hmm, so much postage for a card? Why is the envelope cut open a little bit on one side? After I opened the envelope, there was not only a beautiful Christmas card, but also a folded piece of paper, and inside a plastic bag where once was a coin inserted :D It was cut open, too B) Someone has stolen the coin that was sent to me as a christmas surprise gift B)B):D

So all I can say, THANK YOU, Nochipra :D I didn't expect to get one of your beautiful Christmas coins, and now I you send me one as a Christmas present. Wow, thanks again :D

And shame on that person who stole it B)

Yesterday I went to the Post Office to get my mail and to my GREAT surprise, I found an envelope from Mike Atwell. Inside the envelope was a beautiful coin, a coin he and I had discussed, but that I had told him I couldn't accept...and here it was, given by a generous heart and a sympathetic soul.

Bless you, Michael. The coin, with proper explaination, will be going to my newly-widowed sister in the mail today.

I guess you CAN'T out-stubborn an Irishman.

B)

I got an Elfish Surprise gift today. B) It came from a North Pole Elf. I have no idea where this Elf mailed the package because the Return Address was MY address too. Plus the postage cancellation was incomplete and smeared. But, it does have a US Postage Stamp. It is a really cool Christmas Stocking design on the coin.

I got one of these today too!

I'm guessing that the elf who was playing postal clerk today is going to bed covered in postmark ink. He sure was sloppy with that cancellation stamp on my envelope.

I got one too B)

Mine is white at the top.

Oh my goodness, it's just not ending... and we're not complaining!

TODAY... today we got a box about 9 inches square... it was marked from Santa Clause... who has apparently moved somewhere in Cali, lol!

Now here I got excited thinking I might have gotten me some goodies... and then we opened it...

2143196855_27a732b6df_o.jpg

Now, Hanna has been bouncing off the walls since she got the package from the mail...

2143196397_a16d60f1c9_o.jpg

Apparently she knew something I didn't, lol!

2143195717_009d5e67c2_o.jpg

2143194285_24e8a1d274_o.jpg

She got a ring, which she adores and says she is now rich, a 2006 Merry Cachemas Geoswag Coin and Pin club coin, pin and mini ornament (These are really pretty, by the way!) and some candy that she has generously offered to share with mamma, pappa and Caitlyn, and all in a beautifully decorated bag with a gingerbread man with her name on it that we are putting on the tree with the one that Caitlyn also got!

2143987810_12f86c6489_o.jpg

And the fun didn't end there, Caitlyn got a package, too!

2143988818_7547db98ca_o.jpg

She got some chunky baby crayons and a Hello Kitty coloring book, which is great since she has discovered coloring and LOVES to do it, and she also loves kitties and got very excited to see it.

2143197187_e4fd5fc134_o.jpg

She also got a cool beanie baby Twitterbug bug! I used to collect Beanies, so I think it's cute, it took her a few minutes to realize it was ok, though, lol!

2143988274_dfd61da885_o.jpg

Thank you, Santa! B) I knew that I still believed for a reason!! You really made my girls' day and they are just so happy! I don't think Hanna is gonna be taking that ring off for a while, and the coloring book is being scribbled...err... I mean, colored beautifully in, as I type this!

Naomi B)

I DO believe in B)!!

Wow, there are wonderful things going on out there :D

I am a little bit out of luck, as it seems B) Everything seems to be stuck at the office, waiting for the Rainforest Jewel I traded weeks ago, waiting for Nerds I traded weeks ago, waiting for orders that take much longer than usual. B) (But hopefully I will get a Castle Man "bit of luck" coin, maybe this helps :D )

But the worst thing... today I got a beautiful christmas card from Nochipra :D Thanks so much for it!!! B) But... hmm, so much postage for a card? Why is the envelope cut open a little bit on one side? After I opened the envelope, there was not only a beautiful Christmas card, but also a folded piece of paper, and inside a plastic bag where once was a coin inserted B) It was cut open, too B) Someone has stolen the coin that was sent to me as a christmas surprise gift B)B)B)

So all I can say, THANK YOU, Nochipra B) I didn't expect to get one of your beautiful Christmas coins, and now I you send me one as a Christmas present. Wow, thanks again B)

And shame on that person who stole it :D

I gotta say this, since it happened to me twice this Christmas. You CAN'T send Christmas cards with coins in regular envelopes. I know it's the envelope that came with the card, and it's cute and all. You have to suck it up and use a bubble mailer, and put all the stuff inside. Two wonderful Christmas cards arrived at my house this year, packed with coins, and both had stuff missing. It has a real nice clean cut edge on the plastic bag, and on the envelope. Looks like it's been cut, since the coins fly out at 60 mph and the envelope might as well not even be there.

I'm not saying that someone didn't steal your coin, but I am saying I doubt it. I'm not mad here, just trying to give a little FYI to senders so all the precious goods arrive in one piece :D Watch the video below, you'll understand.

I gotta say this, since it happened to me twice this Christmas. You CAN'T send Christmas cards with coins in regular envelopes. I know it's the envelope that came with the card, and it's cute and all. You have to suck it up and use a bubble mailer, and put all the stuff inside. Two wonderful Christmas cards arrived at my house this year, packed with coins, and both had stuff missing. It has a real nice clean cut edge on the plastic bag, and on the envelope. Looks like it's been cut, since the coins fly out at 60 mph and the envelope might as well not even be there.

I'm not saying that someone didn't steal your coin, but I am saying I doubt it. I'm not mad here, just trying to give a little FYI to senders so all the precious goods arrive in one piece B) Watch the video below, you'll understand.

B)

Thanks for this information, this might also be happened to my coin... B)

I'm not saying that someone didn't steal your coin, but I am saying I doubt it. I'm not mad here, just trying to give a little FYI to senders so all the precious goods arrive in one piece B) Watch the video below, you'll understand.

B)

No problem B) Like I said, it's not impossible for someone to have stolen a coin in the mail. However, I bet it's unlikely. One of my caching buddies from Michigan is a postal sorter, and he supplied that video. Coins just fly out of envelopes if they are not properly packaged. Envelopes hit machines like that 4 or 5 times before they get delivered. Doh! B)

Well holy cow, all this time I had been thinking my envelopes were in saddlebags on the fastest pony.

Couple other comments: good video, should be in the pinned section on how not to mail a coinvelope (although I've been guilty of this with geotags and some others).

I also think someone should make a spoof of that video and have a postal worker (I bet I know one) that is secretly taking envelopes thinking there are geocoins inside, slicing them open and then sending them back on there way, empty B) would be kinda funny if done right.

Overall I give the video 3.75 stars B)

B)

No problem B) Like I said, it's not impossible for someone to have stolen a coin in the mail. However, I bet it's unlikely. One of my caching buddies from Michigan is a postal sorter, and he supplied that video. Coins just fly out of envelopes if they are not properly packaged. Envelopes hit machines like that 4 or 5 times before they get delivered. Doh! B)

Here is an envelope that I got a few weeks ago, without the coin. It was supposed to be a big heavy coin, so I was very surprised that it would have been mailed like this:

envelope.jpg

envelope2.jpg

My mailer didn't look like that. It was a small, clean cut on one side, just big enough for a coin to fit. And a clean cut through the plastic bag which was fixed in the middle of the mailer (it wasn't just put into the mailer, ti was fixed inside and wrapped into an extra piece of paper so that it couldn't move). The mailer was in perfect condition otherwise! Looked to me like professional work, but after looking at the video might be the work of a coin flying at highspeed, too.

B)

Here is an envelope that I got a few weeks ago, without the coin. It was supposed to be a big heavy coin, so I was very surprised that it would have been mailed like this:

envelope.jpg

envelope2.jpg

Not only did you Not get the coin, it looks as if you had to pay $.65 for it B)

B)

envelope.jpg

envelope2.jpg

Not only did you Not get the coin, it looks as if you had to pay $.65 for it B)

No, I argued with the mailman. Told him he could keep it!

"Thank you, Santa! I knew that I still believed for a reason!! You really made my girls' day and they are just so happy! I don't think Hanna is gonna be taking that ring off for a while, and the coloring book is being scribbled...err... I mean, colored beautifully in, as I type this!

Naomi

I DO believe in !"

So, did you figure out Who Santa was B) It's great to see those wonderful smiles on your girls!

That was just an example. I actually got a card and coin from the same person as you, and it was wrapped much better than the one above, but the coin was taped to the note, and the coin had actually come out of the cellophane and had gotten loose in the envelope. Thankfully, it did not come out!

I've gotten envelopes that were covered in the wide tape and the coins were O.K. But I suppose that it is an hit and miss type of thing B)

Edited by fairyhoney

Today is just one of those blah days I suppose. Our SF card for our camera just died on us. What really sucks is all the photos that we had on it...Christmas from just a couple of days ago, Beky's bday party from this past summer, etc. Guess it will teach us a lesson not to wait and back up the photos. B) B) B)

I did get one nice thing in the mail:

-FTF Christmas coin in Gold. Thanks so much for the trade Theotokos!!

Edited by PengoFamily