What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Got some good coins in the mail from some trades over the last few days:

A Templar Two Tone coin

A Templar Bronze Coin

A SwedenHawk Nickel and BN version coin

My Wisconsin 2007 coins I ordered a while back (with some extras for trades)

Two Celtic Arrow LE two tone coins

Merry Christmas everyone!

Geocoins001.jpg

My heart almost stopped with what was in my mailbox today....

The coin I have been seeking for 2 years... a Yemon Yime!

I received it today from Yemon Yime. The Moops are taking a break from coins, so they selflessy sent it back to Yime, rather than put it on Ebay, and asked for Yime to send it along to someone who would appreciate it. I've posted enough time in various threads, about how much I LOVE this coin, but never in my wildest dreams, did I think it would just show up one day.

Words cannot express my appreciation to Yime and the Moops for their generosity and making my Geocoin dream come true. I still keep looking at it and admiring it and still cant beleive I'm actually holding it in my hands.

Long distance hugs to Yemon Yime and the Moop Alongs!!!

May you guys have the merriest of Christmases!!!

My heart almost stopped with what was in my mailbox today....

The coin I have been seeking for 2 years... a Yemon Yime!

I received it today from Yemon Yime. The Moops are taking a break from coins, so they selflessy sent it back to Yime, rather than put it on Ebay, and asked for Yime to send it along to someone who would appreciate it. I've posted enough time in various threads, about how much I LOVE this coin, but never in my wildest dreams, did I think it would just show up one day.

Words cannot express my appreciation to Yime and the Moops for their generosity and making my Geocoin dream come true. I still keep looking at it and admiring it and still cant beleive I'm actually holding it in my hands.

Long distance hugs to Yemon Yime and the Moop Alongs!!!

May you guys have the merriest of Christmases!!!

What a great surprise on Christmas Eve! Happy Holidays everyone!

Today:

My second Secret Santa Mission which included:

> NeonCachers - Polished Nickel/Blue :) Wow! it's huge!!!

>Australia Eternity - Ant. Copper <_<

>Grimlock Geostats - Gold :P

>3 Mini Seashells - BN, Satin Silver & Ant Copper :unsure:

Also:

2 Glo Nerds - Mr. Explorer3

1 Hockey Sweater - Mr. Explorer3

1 SEIGO - Thank you Jason! Hope your Christmas is wonderful!! :rolleyes:

And:

1 Atwell Family GeoTag - Brass

1 set of 4 Atwell Family Bugs - Gold - Thanks Mike! Your Kids coins are adorable! :ph34r:

Previouly:

My First Secret Santa Mission which included:

1 3costcoguys - Silver :P

1 Cog & Gil - Gold :huh:

1 Cache Agent/Cache Tech :huh:

And:

3 WEGE Elephants

2 GCC July 2007

1 Mackey Made It

2 March of the Penguins

2 Toxic Dragons (Get well SOON, Tank!!! :huh: )

2 Cherry City Cachers

1 Cache Buzzards

Also, in the course of ordering coins from Geoswag I have received a couple "OakBucks" coins. Does anyone know the "value" of these "Bucks"? Are they good for buying coins or for making coins? And must I send them back to OakCoins to redeem them?

CF30

Dec20008_phixr.jpg

I am loving this coin! Polar Bears ROCK! :)

I wonder how I could get one.. hmm...

I know where they come from. Very special people! I am sitting here feeling a little blue because I am away from my family and I have to work tonight and tomorrow. I had an urge to check the mail.. I don't know why, I have not had any mail for a week because all my coin mail is going home to Cheyenne. I peeked in and I see a bubble mailer! OMG! Somebody gifted me! I opened it and I have the biggest grin on my face now. Hello, you just made my Christmas a much better one. I can't begin to tell you how much this one little coin made a difference to me today! Thank you! One little Polar Bear Christmas coin will have a special place in my heart.. and the person who sent it to me too! :rolleyes:

Edited by Team FIREBOY

Well, while loading KAboom up for a trip to the hospital (strept throat...if that's the spelling) I happened to drive past the mailbox and was surprised to see several bubblers!! Didin't even think the mail ran today!!

Intolerable pathtag....THANKS!!

FSM blue (bn)...........THANKS!!

2 Moose on the Loose suncatchers....one was KAboom's...THANKS, VERY Appreciated!!

And last but not least, there was a package from Hogwild...but the package said it was from my Secret Santa?? OK?!? Inside were the Kuntry Kashin coins in both metals AND a cute little Santa's Hat THANK-YOU coin...WOW!! THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU!! Didn't think I would ever be able to get those coins!!

THANKS FSM....MERRY CHRISTMAS!

THANKS Blue Motmot...MERRY CHRISTMAS

THANKS Secret Santa....HO HO HO....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Oh...and CONGRATS Arrow One....gotta love that!!

Christmas Eve in Pennsylvania, and my Po Box was full of wonderful things...

Don't Fence Me In - Black Nickel (This Means a lot, Thank you so much, WCK!)

Riverycity and Team Moagy Christmas - Polished Silver (I Love it, Marilyn!)

Nerds (4 of them!)

Jay Mills - Gold

Deaf Awareness - Copper

(Thank you so much, Jackie!)

Christmas Bear - Red (Thanks, Karma!)

Petrified Wood - Polished Silver

Idaho 2007 (Thanks, Liz!)

Merry Christmas, Everyone :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness, what a very very Merry Christmas Eve for me :rolleyes:

Today's mail came with mailers from two super special secret senders.

In the first, I received a Dresseldragons personal geocoin. I don't remember the first time I saw a picture of this geocoin, but I can honestly say after having the pleasure of getting to know a couple of the Dressels, one of the daughters and I share an interest in all things Japanese :D, I just knew I wanted this special geocoin in my collection. Of course, even in my wildest dreams I didn't really think I would ever be fortunate enough to own one. To my very very generous secret sender Thank you Thank you Thank you for making my wish come true. ;)

Dresseldragons.jpg

The second mailer was even more surprising. It had two cute little smileys, including one doing a shushing gesture, on the label. I excitedly opened it up and wrapped up inside it was most recent addition to my personals seeking list. It's a simply stunning Crowesfeat30 personal. I haven't actually had the honor of getting to know Crowesfeat30 yet, but she is someone I would like to get to know. I saw this geocoin up close in a recent mission package photograph and from that moment on I wanted one. There is just something about the images on both sides of this geocoin that resonate with me. It is a truly lovely geocoin and one I am extremely thankful to now call my own. Thank you Thank you my other absolutely amazing secret sender. :D

Crowesfeat30.jpg

These two personal geocoins are even more beautiful than I believed them to be. I honestly don't think I deserve these beauties, but I really really love them both and I just want to say thank you again!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Christmas Eve in Pennsylvania, and my Po Box was full of wonderful things...

Don't Fence Me In - Black Nickel (This Means a lot, Thank you so much, WCK!)

Riverycity and Team Moagy Christmas - Polished Silver (I Love it, Marilyn!)

Nerds (4 of them!)

Jay Mills - Gold

Deaf Awareness - Copper

(Thank you so much, Jackie!)

Christmas Bear - Red (Thanks, Karma!)

Petrified Wood - Polished Silver

Idaho 2007 (Thanks, Liz!)

Merry Christmas, Everyone :rolleyes:

Hey, Ally. welcome back to this side of the world ;)

I recived my 6 TRACKABLE COINS Christmas Geocoin Stocking! from an ebay auction and it was great 3 coins that I did not have yet and 3 coins I own but 2 of them were in a diffrent finish so only one did not make it on my kepers list :rolleyes: .There were also a few extra items in the stocking that were very nice to add to my collection as well.The little stocking is soo cute. THANKS for making my Christmas eve

Congrats Fluttershy on the Don't Fence Me in Geocoin.

In the last couple of days, I've received

- SinterKlass mystery coin

- Santa's Caching Clauses mystery coin

- Christmas Teddy Bear from SS2 mission

- Landsharkz Christmas Globe

- Crappy cache (gold) mystery coin

- Christmas gnome

- 2 Oak Bucks

- TFTC

- Generic geocoin

- NL

- Euro cache

- Remember 911 (and pin)

- Wretched Skull

- Mother's day (and pin)

- GBA Geocoin Club 2005 Microchip

- Prowler53

- Vampires, Mummies, & GeoGhosts

Merry Christmas......Anthus

*Works best in a sing song voice out loud*

"I got something in the mail and I know what it is, but I cannot tell YOU!!! It's a surprise and a really cool one. I know what it is, but yoooooou don't, NAH NAH NA BOO BOO!!!!"

You all will have to wait atleast 7 Days, sort of like the TV show. 7 Days and we can come back and revisit this post.

OH and NAH NAH NA BOO BOO!!!!

LOL

Maldar

Making someone elses day Maldar? You are too caring!

I need your address big guy....but it's a secret...shhhh! lol

You can all be let in on the secret now, below is the whole story as posted at the Michigan Geocaching Organization forums:

Recently Declassified

Subject: Change of Status

Previous Status: Classified, Priority One, Top Secret

New Status: Declassified for Public Use

Mission: Covert Operation; Code Name: Operation: Cacher Surprise

Background:

While browsing the forums at Geocaching.com (GC.c), Special Agent Maldar uncovered news of a cacher in need via a posting by Operative MouseKaKat Forums Link. Special Agent Maldar then proceeded to conduct online surveillance of the target. Upon discovering the code names of the target’s close friends living nearby Maldar proceeded to contact one discreetly, NurseNanna.

Communicating via still classified emails, NurseNanna agreed to assist Maldar in arranging a secret meeting to surprise the target. Many plans were discussed from, providing a surprise dinner or breakfast Christmas Day to a chance meeting on the trail. The decided course of action was to impersonate a new cacher in the target's locale.

Mission Brief:

Agent Maldar created a false account, JacksonCacher, on both GC.c and the local geocaching community's, Michigan Geocaching Organization (MIGO, pronounced: MeeGo), website located at: http://www.migoonline.org/

Through this account Maldar posted via the MIGO forums that he was to receive a GPS unit for the holiday and was looking for help on Christmas Day to look for caches.

Knowing others would respond to this message both Maldar and NurseNanna emailed these other individuals to inform them of their intended target, with full disclosure to follow.

The target replied to the thread and emailed the false email account also created by Agent Maldar for this operation. Maldar expressed an interest in caching the area suggested by the target and made plans to contact the target once in the area of the caches.

Mission Debrief:

1330hrs

Agent Maldar arrived at the designated area and contacted the target. The target stated that it would take him around 30 mins to arrive at the location. Being in need of fuel Maldar inquired as to a fuel station, to which the target provided directions.

1400hrs

Target arrives at location and both Maldar and him meet and discuss what cache to attempt first.

1410hrs

After parking near the cache both start out towards the cache. Target explains to Maldar about paperless caching, travel bugs, and geocoins. He also coaches Maldar in the use of the GPS unit and various quirks that arise with them. Agent Maldar plays along the whole time asking questions and being attentive.

1420hrs

While the target explains that once one gets within about 30 feet of a cache the GPSr starts to act up, Maldar pretends to search for the cache after already determining it’s location a couple minutes before.

1422hrs

Agent Maldar ask the target to read the log he has just written and tell him what he thinks.

Maldar writes the following in the logbook:

12/25/7 1422hrs

Caching with Rod. He is about to receive a new GPSr and discover who I really am.

Maldar

While Rod reads the log Maldar retrieves a small gift bag from his backpack and places the GPSr inside. All the while Rod is in disbelief and reeling from the post in the log. Maldar hands Rod the gift bag, which also contains a set of person coins from KayakerInMaine.

1440hrs

Rod and Agent Maldar arrive back at the vehicles where Maldar pulls out 2 more gift bags for Rod's boys.

1500hrs

Agent Maldar and Rod continue caching and find 3 more caches before calling it a day.

Extra Notes:

Many hugs and hand shakes where exchanged in the course of the day.

Special Acknowledgements:

LadyBee4T, for helping Anne

Victory Mike, HomeBru, and Geoaddict; for not spoiling the surprise and stepping up to the plate with offers to help a new cacher.

Edited by maldar

Oh my goodness, what a very very Merry Christmas Eve for me :santa:

Today's mail came with mailers from two super special secret senders. *snip*

While Rod reads the log Maldar retrieves a small gift bag from his backpack and places the GPSr inside. All the while Rod is in disbelief and reeling from the post in the log. Maldar hands Rod the gift bag, which also contains a set of person coins from KayakerInMaine. *snip*

THIS is one of the main reasons why I love geocachers/geocoiners. :santa:

Congrats TokyoBlossom and Rockin Roddy :D

People like DresselDragons, Crowesfeat30, Maldar and TokyoBlossom make this hobby really special!

"I got something in the mail and I know what it is, but I cannot tell YOU!!! It's a surprise and a really cool one. I know what it is, but yoooooou don't, NAH NAH NA BOO BOO!!!!"

You all will have to wait atleast 7 Days, sort of like the TV show. 7 Days and we can come back and revisit this post.

LOL

Maldar

You can all be let in on the secret now, below is the whole story as posted at the Michigan Geocaching Organization forums:

Recently Declassified

Background:

While browsing the forums at Geocaching.com (GC.c), Special Agent Maldar uncovered news of a cacher in need via a posting by Operative MouseKaKat Forums Link. Special Agent Maldar then proceeded to conduct online surveillance of the target. Upon discovering the code names of the target’s close friends living nearby Maldar proceeded to contact one discreetly, NurseNanna.

Communicating via still classified emails, NurseNanna agreed to assist Maldar in arranging a secret meeting to surprise the target. Many plans were discussed from, providing a surprise dinner or breakfast Christmas Day to a chance meeting on the trail. The decided course of action was to impersonate a new cacher in the target's locale.

Mission Brief:

Agent Maldar created a false account, JacksonCacher, on both GC.c and the local geocaching community's, Michigan Geocaching Organization (MIGO, pronounced: MeeGo), website located at: http://www.migoonline.org/

Through this account Maldar posted via the MIGO forums that he was to receive a GPS unit for the holiday and was looking for help on Christmas Day to look for caches.

Knowing others would respond to this message both Maldar and NurseNanna emailed these other individuals to inform them of their intended target, with full disclosure to follow.

The target replied to the thread and emailed the false email account also created by Agent Maldar for this operation. Maldar expressed an interest in caching the area suggested by the target and made plans to contact the target once in the area of the caches.

Mission Debrief:

1330hrs

Agent Maldar arrived at the designated area and contacted the target. The target stated that it would take him around 30 mins to arrive at the location. Being in need of fuel Maldar inquired as to a fuel station, to which the target provided directions.

1400hrs

Target arrives at location and both Maldar and him meet and discuss what cache to attempt first.

1410hrs

After parking near the cache both start out towards the cache. Target explains to Maldar about paperless caching, travel bugs, and geocoins. He also coaches Maldar in the use of the GPS unit and various quirks that arise with them. Agent Maldar plays along the whole time asking questions and being attentive.

1420hrs

While the target explains that once one gets within about 30 feet of a cache the GPSr starts to act up, Maldar pretends to search for the cache after already determining it’s location a couple minutes before.

1422hrs

Agent Maldar ask the target to read the log he has just written and tell him what he thinks.

12/25/7 1422hrs

Caching with Rod. He is about to receive a new GPSr and discover who I really am.

Maldar

While Rod reads the log Maldar retrieves a small gift bag from his backpack and places the GPSr inside. All the while Rod is in disbelief and reeling from the post in the log. Maldar hands Rod the gift bag, which also contains a set of person coins from KayakerInMaine.

1440hrs

Rod and Agent Maldar arrive back at the vehicles where Maldar pulls out 2 more gift bags for Rod's boys.

1500hrs

Agent Maldar and Rod continue caching and find 3 more caches before calling it a day.

Extra Notes:

Victory Mike, HomeBru, and Geoaddict; for not spoiling the surprise and stepping up to the plate with offers to help a new cacher.

TOO COOL!

As promised, pictures of my Secret Santa Missions that were received about a week or so ago.

From Cheesy Pigs, my Secret Santa Mission:

I got a Maryland, US geocaching Zone 4 coin set, and funny animal Flying Pig. She also sent a little platypus statue, a ceramic cat, and a handmade paper logbook. Thank you so much Liz :D:santa::D

DSCN0237.jpg

And from My Chat Exchange Mission from Fluttershy:

I got a whole cache container full of swag, including mini pencils, bouncing balls, some toys, and England mug, a Christmas bear statue, and Coins!! A beautiful boxed British Columbia, Karma's Egyptian coin, Bitten Again by Whitebear, and Geocoin Collecting. Thank you so much Allie!! :D:cry:

DSCN0233.jpg

DSCN0234.jpg

I received both packages on the same day, as well as a mystery stocking from Oakcoins, so it was def and early Christmas!! Thank you so much so both my not-so-secret Santas. The missions were incredible and love it all!! :santa::sad:

LOL

Maldar

Recently Declassified

Background:

Mission Brief:

Mission Debrief:

1330hrs

1400hrs

1410hrs

1420hrs

1422hrs

12/25/7 1422hrs

Maldar

1440hrs

1500hrs

Extra Notes:

OMGosh! THAT is just priceless! ABSOULTELY priceless! You and Nurse Nanna just rock for pulling this off! I knew he was going caching with a "new" cacher that day, but hadn't heard anything about the results yet! Just incredible and sounds like so much fun! How on earth did you manage to keep a straight face and not give it away!

For that one you just gotta have a *hug* from me!

*hugs*

Naomi :D

No mail delivery yesterday and today, but I was away from home since saturday and when I arrived back home yesterday late in the evening I found two little bubble mailers in my mailbox:

- Geocoin Club Poker Chip and Nerd from Son of Cyclops (Thanks for the trade!)

And another one, from me to me :santa:

- a Christmas Stocking Mystery Coin :D:D Wow, I didn't expect to get one, and wow, it even arrived in time here in Germany :D:cry::santa::sad: Thanks so much

Santa and his elves were very, VERY nice to us!! :D These showed up on Christmas Eve and what a way to celebrate the spirit of the season. A secret coin from the big man's workshop, a couple cuddly bears to snuggle up with along with a couple cute winter time icons and even a beautiful PathTag to put in our stockings. Thank you so much to everyone who sent cards, photos, coins and greetings to our family this season :santa:

MerryMerry.jpg

Mailbox....we don't need no stinking mailbox!! B):P:D

A call goes out on the MiGO forums (read that as MYgo) that a newb cacher is wanting some education on GPS usages since he was getting a GPS unit for Christmas!! Caching on Christmas, probably not many going to answer that!! Well, I was SUPPOSED to have Christmas on the eve, KAboom was sick and I missed it...but I was available Christmas day since KAboom was on the road to recovery...I'll go! A few others had volunteered and then summarily "opted out" due to obligations...so I was happy to lend a hand...silly silly me!

Word comes down that the new cacher, Jackson Cacher (we also call him JC), would be in the area so off I went! Now, having wasted all my gas the day before running KAboom to the hospital, I was low and looking...nothing! Wind up at the designated location nearly empty, but ready to go!!

JC and I talk about caching a bit, I tell him about paperless caching and such before we head after a cache (one of our hides in my favorite state park)...more info is passed along to this "newb" who seems to be bumbling a bit with the equipment and his a BOATLOAD of cache printouts! This guy is overly prepared for a hike in the woods which I think is commendable for a newb...be safe and prepared. Me? I had my brother's GPS (which I borrowed and quickly erased all his hunting waypoints...he'll LOVE me for that) and a smile...no prep for me, no extra equipment at all (sheesh, this newb is more prepared than his "teacher"...not a good start).

We arrive at the GZ and I quickly explain that sometimes you need to put the GPS down and look for the "obvious" spots. The newb bumbles about even though the cache is pretty much out in the open after not being hidden very well by the previous finder...but comes up with the find!! As the newb fumbles for a pen (which I explained you might need on the trails) and signs the log, I'm off checking out tracks in the snow and telling the newb how there's all kinds of wildlife in this park.

Newb hands me the log asking if the writings were appropriate...and I nearly start crying, :lol: the tears were working their way up!! HOW on earth did I NOT put 2+2 together? :unsure: The Newb identified himself as Troy when I pulled up, but I ignorantly missed the obvious!! :ph34r: Didn't I just see that name the night before when I wrote Maldar...and he responded???

Maldar hands me a gift package with goodies inside including the very GPS he'd been "bumbling" with the whole time...WOW!! I'm giving lessons to a cacher with MUCH more experience than myself!! BUT, not only the GPS and goodies, but inside is a package from KayakerinMe...a BEAUTIFUL 5 coin KayakerinMe Silver set #119...AWESOME coins THANK-YOU!! B) Much hugging and handshaking follows while my head is just SPINNING! We head back to the vehicles where Maldar (the "newb") pulls out two more gift packages for my sons...this guy is just TOO MUCH!!! :o;);)

We decide we'd better find a few more caches before I have to go find gas and get back to my sick youngster...I need instruction on how to use my new GPS which I got for Christmas (gee, talk about the shoe on the other foot here...)!! :o Maldar and I talk much on the way, but I threw in a "WOW" or other little comments...I was still in shock from all this!! 3 caches and much talking later, we head back and take a few pictures before parting ways...and yes, gas was found!!

As you can probably guess, I was completely taken off-guard with this, and part of the reason was because of Nurse Nanna. NN played her part perfectly, asking many questions which threw me off from what was really happening. Initially, she had asked what I was doing for Christmas (nothing) and fished for more info...as the day closed in, she changed tactics and threw me off the trail!! GREAT JOB by you and your "cohort" LadyBee4T...THANK-YOU!! And of course there was a "long distance operative" involved in this little mission....MOUSEKAKAT! WOW...great job getting this whole mission started kiddo!!

Christmas was AWESOME...I can't think of a better way to have spent it than meeting new friends and getting the surprise of my life!! Maldar, I can't wait to get out caching again...and hopefully soon with you, my friend!! Anne, Beverly, Naomi....much love kiddos, much love!! :huh::o:o

What an awesome family we have in caching...as it turns out, everyone was involved in this (or were briefed as they responded to the call for help)...right on down to Team CoyChev and our friends at MiGO...AWESOME outpouring of love and generosity here...truly touching!! Something I'll NEVER forget!!

And for those who wondered if I was truly that gullable when I bumbled about with all those auctions in my honor...yep. Soooo slow, I missed all the signs even when expecting something...sheesh. Amazing I can even find a cache...isn't it??

THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU to all involved with this mission!!! THANK-YOU MALDAR...what a wonderful job you did with this surprise...very cleverly set up and executed!! Made my YEAR!!!

THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU to all involved with this mission!!! THANK-YOU MALDAR...what a wonderful job you did with this surprise...very cleverly set up and executed!! Made my YEAR!!!

Wow! That's just... amazing! Sounds like you deserved it and great to hear that some specials folks pulled this off for you :-)

I was so had to maintain the ruse (sp?) that I knew I had to do the surprise at the first cache. This has to be my favorite Christmas thus far, and I doubt it will be surpassed for a long time. The only thing I wish I had was a video camera and a clip of Rod's reaction to the gift. OOOOOh, that gives me a plan for next time. HEE HEE!!

This experiance has helpped me come up with an idea I need to develop more and hope I can get off the ground.

Rod is just a care guy and really deserved this. I cannot wait until the events that are planned down there so I can visit again. Really miss caching that area.

Maldar

December 24

- These arrived on Christmas Eve, just in time to stick under the tree! :unsure:

1 x Kuntry Kashing (Antique Silver) :ph34r:

1 x Kuntry Kashing (Antique Gold) :lol:

Plus a surprise coin: a Thank You 2007 - Hogwild Holidays! Coin ... Thanks Steven!!! :o

B):huh:Best Wishes to everyone! Have a very Merry "Cachemas" and a Happy New Year!!! :o;)

I was so had to maintain the ruse (sp?) that I knew I had to do the surprise at the first cache. This has to be my favorite Christmas thus far, and I doubt it will be surpassed for a long time. The only thing I wish I had was a video camera and a clip of Rod's reaction to the gift. OOOOOh, that gives me a plan for next time. HEE HEE!!

This experiance has helpped me come up with an idea I need to develop more and hope I can get off the ground.

Rod is just a care guy and really deserved this. I cannot wait until the events that are planned down there so I can visit again. Really miss caching that area.

Maldar

You did a really good thing... I'm so glad that you were able to do this, I would have LOVED being there to see how it went, hehehe!

Great job, Troy!

Naomi :unsure:

Hanna and Caitlyn received a special package from Norway!

Hanna said to tell you "Tack så jätte mycket för myntet, Smort!" and Cait immediately tried to take it out of the plastic, which for lead reasons isn't allowed, but she crooned "preddddddeeeee" over it for 10 minutes and refused to let it out of her grip!

Thank you for the pretty nerdz, Smort! The girls loved unwrapping them!

Hope your little one had a great first birthday!

Naomi, Hanna and Caitlyn :unsure:

Have not read this tread in a while...

Glad they liked the Nerds :ph34r:

My daughter had a great first birthday, and her christmas wasn't bad either :lol:

Merry Christmas!

Wow! I had a nice day at the mailbox. Apparently, I'm in the habit of mailing stuff to myself, because I had two things from me, to me! LOL

;) A sweet card with a Naughty or Nice coin that I had been wanting! Thank you so much! I have a good idea who you are, and can't begin to tell you how sweet you are! :o

:o I also sent myself a little padded mailer with a little stocking with the blue glitter on it! I was so surprised! B)

Thanks to both the secret givers. You've really helped me extend my Christmas spirit!

:unsure::ph34r:;):lol::huh::o:o

Today I got a GREAT Mousekakat sig kitty and a Mr Explorer3 hockey jersey #1 coin....THANKS Naomi and Jason!!

Also, I wanted to THANK Barry for the Kayakerinme set which was delivered during Operation: Cacher Surprise!! Truly a special set which will never leave my collection!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Maldar

You did a really good thing... I'm so glad that you were able to do this, I would have LOVED being there to see how it went, hehehe!

Great job, Troy!

Naomi :unsure:

You guys ARE terrific to each other.

No coins for us today other than a CITO coin that is to giveaway at an upcoming event, but mousekakat, um, I mean, Santa, sent mightyzinn a *great* letter which arrived today.

Thanks *so* much! He was as happy about the letter as he was his present from Santa (and that was a Lego set he'd wanted since he could say 'Lego') and was literally shaking with excitement. Both myself and my wife really thought that was such a nice thing to do and I wanted to mention it here just in case anyone had any silly, lingering questions about how kind you were :-)

No coins for us today other than a CITO coin that is to giveaway at an upcoming event, but mousekakat, um, I mean, Santa, sent mightyzinn a *great* letter which arrived today.

Thanks *so* much! He was as happy about the letter as he was his present from Santa (and that was a Lego set he'd wanted since he could say 'Lego') and was literally shaking with excitement. Both myself and my wife really thought that was such a nice thing to do and I wanted to mention it here just in case anyone had any silly, lingering questions about how kind you were :-)

*blushing* hush! lol! :lol:

I'm glad he got it, I just wish he had gotten it before Christmas!

So, have we restored that little boy's faith in Santa? I sure hope so! It was fun finding and personalizing the letter for him!

Hanna seemed to be of restored faith Christmas morning when she got up and found Santa had been here, eaten her cookies, drank her milk, and the reindeers had eaten the carrots AND Santa took the picture she drew for him :unsure:... thank goodness! I just am not ready for my little girl to grow up yet! I think that the gifts and stockings and the card with her name on it from Santa helped a lot, too!

I was prepared to talk to her this week about Santa, but I think I may be able to hold off one year more, thankfully!

Merry Christmas Zinn! And merry Christmas everyone else! Let the magic never end!

Naomi :ph34r:

Mailbox....we don't need no stinking mailbox!! :lol::o:o

A call goes out on the MiGO forums (read that as MYgo) that a newb cacher is wanting some education on GPS usages since he was getting a GPS unit for Christmas!! Caching on Christmas, probably not many going to answer that!! Well, I was SUPPOSED to have Christmas on the eve, KAboom was sick and I missed it...but I was available Christmas day since KAboom was on the road to recovery...I'll go! A few others had volunteered and then summarily "opted out" due to obligations...so I was happy to lend a hand...silly silly me!

Word comes down that the new cacher, Jackson Cacher (we also call him JC), would be in the area so off I went! Now, having wasted all my gas the day before running KAboom to the hospital, I was low and looking...nothing! Wind up at the designated location nearly empty, but ready to go!!

JC and I talk about caching a bit, I tell him about paperless caching and such before we head after a cache (one of our hides in my favorite state park)...more info is passed along to this "newb" who seems to be bumbling a bit with the equipment and his a BOATLOAD of cache printouts! This guy is overly prepared for a hike in the woods which I think is commendable for a newb...be safe and prepared. Me? I had my brother's GPS (which I borrowed and quickly erased all his hunting waypoints...he'll LOVE me for that) and a smile...no prep for me, no extra equipment at all (sheesh, this newb is more prepared than his "teacher"...not a good start).

We arrive at the GZ and I quickly explain that sometimes you need to put the GPS down and look for the "obvious" spots. The newb bumbles about even though the cache is pretty much out in the open after not being hidden very well by the previous finder...but comes up with the find!! As the newb fumbles for a pen (which I explained you might need on the trails) and signs the log, I'm off checking out tracks in the snow and telling the newb how there's all kinds of wildlife in this park.

Newb hands me the log asking if the writings were appropriate...and I nearly start crying, :huh: the tears were working their way up!! HOW on earth did I NOT put 2+2 together? ;) The Newb identified himself as Troy when I pulled up, but I ignorantly missed the obvious!! :unsure: Didn't I just see that name the night before when I wrote Maldar...and he responded???

Maldar hands me a gift package with goodies inside including the very GPS he'd been "bumbling" with the whole time...WOW!! I'm giving lessons to a cacher with MUCH more experience than myself!! BUT, not only the GPS and goodies, but inside is a package from KayakerinMe...a BEAUTIFUL 5 coin KayakerinMe Silver set #119...AWESOME coins THANK-YOU!! ;) Much hugging and handshaking follows while my head is just SPINNING! We head back to the vehicles where Maldar (the "newb") pulls out two more gift packages for my sons...this guy is just TOO MUCH!!! :P:oB)

We decide we'd better find a few more caches before I have to go find gas and get back to my sick youngster...I need instruction on how to use my new GPS which I got for Christmas (gee, talk about the shoe on the other foot here...)!! B) Maldar and I talk much on the way, but I threw in a "WOW" or other little comments...I was still in shock from all this!! 3 caches and much talking later, we head back and take a few pictures before parting ways...and yes, gas was found!!

As you can probably guess, I was completely taken off-guard with this, and part of the reason was because of Nurse Nanna. NN played her part perfectly, asking many questions which threw me off from what was really happening. Initially, she had asked what I was doing for Christmas (nothing) and fished for more info...as the day closed in, she changed tactics and threw me off the trail!! GREAT JOB by you and your "cohort" LadyBee4T...THANK-YOU!! And of course there was a "long distance operative" involved in this little mission....MOUSEKAKAT! WOW...great job getting this whole mission started kiddo!!

Christmas was AWESOME...I can't think of a better way to have spent it than meeting new friends and getting the surprise of my life!! Maldar, I can't wait to get out caching again...and hopefully soon with you, my friend!! Anne, Beverly, Naomi....much love kiddos, much love!! :o:D:ph34r:

What an awesome family we have in caching...as it turns out, everyone was involved in this (or were briefed as they responded to the call for help)...right on down to Team CoyChev and our friends at MiGO...AWESOME outpouring of love and generosity here...truly touching!! Something I'll NEVER forget!!

And for those who wondered if I was truly that gullable when I bumbled about with all those auctions in my honor...yep. Soooo slow, I missed all the signs even when expecting something...sheesh. Amazing I can even find a cache...isn't it??

Wonderful Rod!!!! Just wish I could have had my video camera there for the look on your face!!!!

Well, we got 9 pathtags, 4 wedgie (WEGE) elephants, a monarch butterfly and a godd karma pin, bad karma pin....and one plain white envelope with no return address on it that is neatly slit up one side.... I have no idea what if anything should have been in it. (It has a Sacramento postmark) Doesn't appear to be from a pathtag trade....

*blushing* hush! lol! :back:

I'm glad he got it, I just wish he had gotten it before Christmas!

So, have we restored that little boy's faith in Santa? I sure hope so! It was fun finding and personalizing the letter for him!

Hanna seemed to be of restored faith Christmas morning when she got up and found Santa had been here, eaten her cookies, drank her milk, and the reindeers had eaten the carrots AND Santa took the picture she drew for him :mad:... thank goodness! I just am not ready for my little girl to grow up yet! I think that the gifts and stockings and the card with her name on it from Santa helped a lot, too!

I was prepared to talk to her this week about Santa, but I think I may be able to hold off one year more, thankfully!

Merry Christmas Zinn! And merry Christmas everyone else! Let the magic never end!

Naomi :(

;) You mean you were going to tell her . . . B) OH NO :back: