What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

I guess this is a little off-topic but today I mailed coins to about ten different people and the clerk at the Post Office asked me what kind of coins I was shipping overseas. (He is a friendly guy and was being nice.) There was this brief moment of panic in my mind, not because I did or was about to do something wrong but because what if my mailman becomes a geocacher and starts collecting coins?

A mailman has the perfect job right now if he was a cacher, think of his collection. :o

Disclaimer: All remarks regarding the Post Office are the comments of a child that has a family of Postmasters.

Yahoo! Long holiday weekend is over and I got coins :o

Not another Micro 2006 LE

Not another Micro Camoflauge 2006 LE

Made in China

also got the following cool caching pins:

FTF Not Another Micro Pin

2006 Ammo Can Pin

Gx Green Pin

World Geocaching Pin

I would like to add that all these coins I got today were made in CHINA. They are the best condition coins I have ever got. I've got many coins manufactured in the USA and they have scratches on the enamel...gouged metal.sandblasting not compete with left over impossible to remove metal ..just not MINT. So these coins I got today were manufactured in CHINA and they are awesome mint condition. So what they say about china coins being inferior...thats BS!

I guess this is a little off-topic but today I mailed coins to about ten different people and the clerk at the Post Office asked me what kind of coins I was shipping overseas. (He is a friendly guy and was being nice.) There was this brief moment of panic in my mind, not because I did or was about to do something wrong but because what if my mailman becomes a geocacher and starts collecting coins?

A mailman has the perfect job right now if he was a cacher, think of his collection. :o

Disclaimer: All remarks regarding the Post Office are the comments of a child that has a family of Postmasters.

For what it's worth since 'technically' Geocoins aren't 'coins', I always mark the customs froms as "Tokens".

Just my opinion but I think if someone is thieving they would be less interested in packaging marked Tokens instead of Coins.

I guess this is a little off-topic but today I mailed coins to about ten different people and the clerk at the Post Office asked me what kind of coins I was shipping overseas.  (He is a friendly guy and was being nice.)  There was this brief moment of panic in my mind, not because I did or was about to do something wrong but because what if my mailman becomes a geocacher and starts collecting coins? 

A mailman has the perfect job right now if he was a cacher, think of his collection.  :o

Disclaimer:  All remarks regarding the Post Office are the comments of a child that has a family of Postmasters.

For what it's worth since 'technically' Geocoins aren't 'coins', I always mark the customs froms as "Tokens".

Just my opinion but I think if someone is thieving they would be less interested in packaging marked Tokens instead of Coins.

Good advice on many levels. As mentioned in other threads - marking them as coins can end up costing the recipient a bundle of cash.

That last word was tough to type without inserting a "c" and and "e" ;)

I got a Pennsylvania and 2 Hides & Finds Film Canister coins.

The PA coin didn't have an activation code with it. What site do I use to activate it? Can someone email me?

Thanks.

Email sent.

Oh yeah:

Cropcircle

StuckonWGS84

Ontario

JeeperMTJ

Edited by Mauison

Oh My! :o

LoriDarlin

Wisconsin Coulee Region Cachers

Kentucky girls

Red handed plus a Terrible T's wooden nickel

Marlin01 plus a poker chip

Dhenninger

Buffalo Wings - Bronze?

Team Sand Dollar

Two Happy Hikers plus a card

3 different DLIMING/KimbyJ

Caching Through the Snow Too

TRL Bear Encounters (way cool!)

KirklandExplorers

CavScout Raven :-)

2006 Idaho

2 different Stuck on WGS84

TreePlanter and wooden nickel

Team CoyChev

Cog & Gil

Stone Mountain Georgia

Kootenay Pirates !!!

I think my mail carrier just put out a contract on me. <_<

Oh My! :o

LoriDarlin

Wisconsin Coulee Region Cachers

Kentucky girls

Red handed plus a Terrible T's wooden nickel

Marlin01 plus a poker chip

Dhenninger

Buffalo Wings - Bronze?

Team Sand Dollar

Two Happy Hikers plus a card

3 different DLIMING/KimbyJ

Caching Through the Snow Too

TRL Bear Encounters (way cool!)

KirklandExplorers

CavScout Raven :-)

2006 Idaho

2 different Stuck on WGS84

TreePlanter and wooden nickel

Team CoyChev

Cog & Gil

Stone Mountain Georgia

Kootenay Pirates !!!

I think my mail carrier just put out a contract on me. <_<

We will be right over and babysit the kids so you can go bowling,........or caching, .........or dinner. :o

And we will protect the coins...... ;)

DLiming

DLiming Bronze

DLiming Gold

Celtic Cross

Celtic Cross Silver

3costcoguys

Two Happy Hikers

GrandpaKim Antique Silver

GrandpaKim LE Gold

Stuck on WGS84 Antique Silver

Stuck on WGS84 Antique Gold

Stuck on WGS84 Pin (Yay, Pins are cool!)

Crop Circle Gold

Not Another Micro 2006

Not Another Micro LE 2006

Not Another Micro LE Gold 2006

Not Another Micro Camo 2006

Not Another Micro Camo LE 2006

Not Another Micro Camo LE Gold 2006

Made in China 2006 Silver

Made in China 2006 Gold

Whitney Benchmark Pin Bronze

Whitney Benchmark Pin LE Copper (yay, LE Pins!)

300 4x8 bubble mailers

200 6x10 bubble mailers

Paycheck (Whew! Just in time!)

--Marky

good day today:

3 Ontario bronze

2 Ontario silver

1 Ontario gold

CCGC Monterey Bay

GBA Coin Club Chip coin

2 Dutch 2005

USA 2005 Antique

Washington 2004

and as a mistake once again the first subscriber coin from GCC. I already got those in December. I hope they get it fixed as I have already traded a few of those ROT13 I am waiting for. I emailed them but didn't get an answer until now.

DLiming

DLiming Bronze

DLiming Gold

Celtic Cross

Celtic Cross Silver

3costcoguys

Two Happy Hikers

GrandpaKim Antique Silver

GrandpaKim LE Gold

Stuck on WGS84 Antique Silver

Stuck on WGS84 Antique Gold

Stuck on WGS84 Pin (Yay, Pins are cool!)

Crop Circle Gold

Not Another Micro 2006

Not Another Micro LE 2006

Not Another Micro LE Gold 2006

Not Another Micro Camo 2006

Not Another Micro Camo LE 2006

Not Another Micro Camo LE Gold 2006

Made in China 2006 Silver

Made in China 2006 Gold

Whitney Benchmark Pin Bronze

Whitney Benchmark Pin LE Copper (yay, LE Pins!)

300 4x8 bubble mailers

200 6x10 bubble mailers

Paycheck (Whew! Just in time!)

--Marky

You got all that in one day? MY poor mailman would have a stroke. It's bad enough that my mail is still handcarried, but didn't come until 645pm last night!!! <_<

A mailman has the perfect job right now if he was a cacher, think of his collection. <_<

What I do is mark "NOVELTY TOKENS" on the bottom left of the mailers. I started doing that in the beginning when I started trading. I had shown the coins to the postal worker at the counter and he had suggested I write that down on the mailer. Been doing it since.

I guess this is a little off-topic but today I mailed coins to about ten different people and the clerk at the Post Office asked me what kind of coins I was shipping overseas.  (He is a friendly guy and was being nice.)  There was this brief moment of panic in my mind, not because I did or was about to do something wrong but because what if my mailman becomes a geocacher and starts collecting coins? 

A mailman has the perfect job right now if he was a cacher, think of his collection.  <_<

Disclaimer:  All remarks regarding the Post Office are the comments of a child that has a family of Postmasters.

What I do is mark "NOVELTY TOKENS" on the bottom left of the mailers. I started doing that in the beginning when I started trading. I had shown the coins to the postal worker at the counter and he had suggested I write that down on the mailer. Been doing it since.

I say "souvenir tokens" when I have to fill out customs forms.

--Marky