What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

noting on the mail today :o

but I believe that knows why....

the factor took a dayoff today!

98cc28db-633e-4333-940b-3d0a8c4d269b.jpg

there was a big snow storm today! 41cm (16 po) of snow on Montreal,Qc!

close to 2cm of the record of the storm of the century (in Quebec) of 1971! (43cm)

that will not be before Monday for the geocoins!

Wow, this was my best mail day ever! Opened the mail box to find four padded envelopes. No bills, no junk mail, just those four padded envelopes. And when I opened those envelopes, this is what I found....

Caching Through The Snow Too (Silver and Gold)

Columbia

Maine

and.....

a Santa Christmas Geocoin!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I didn't know Santa even had my mailing address, so I was totally shocked when I saw an envelope in there that just said it was from the North Ploe (I'm assuming that's somewhere close to the North Pole) :lol:

Happy Holidays everyone and thanks Santa!!!

Nothing today.

Yesterday I got notice of a delivery from NCGO, but no one here to sign for it. Went down to the PO to collect an empty bag! :rolleyes:

The lady behind the counter was kind enough to inspect and sign the mailer, then give me the forms to fill out. It looks as if the opening end of the mailer is cut very neatly. Will contact the NCGO and happy for insurance but would rather have the LE coins.

nothing in the mail today  :D

but I believe that I know why....

the postman  took a day off today!

98cc28db-633e-4333-940b-3d0a8c4d269b.jpg

there was a big snow storm today! 41cm (16 po) of snow on Montreal,Qc!

close to 2cm of the record of the storm of the century (in Quebec) of 1971! (43cm)

It will not be before Monday for the geocoins!

Hey BeerMan, which of the snowbanks is yours............ :D:rolleyes::unsure::D

Edited by Big JohnP

Nice day, my wife just laughed when she saw the padded envelopes. :rolleyes:

• Delaware LE x1
  • Delaware x2
  • Delaware #12, formerly known as "Delugly" (for traveling and starting its journey in MD)
  • UK x1 (trade)
  • CC Selective Availability Green x1 (trade)

:unsure:

Edited by robert

"Yesterday I got notice of a delivery from NCGO, but no one here to sign for it. Went down to the PO to collect an empty bag!

The lady behind the counter was kind enough to inspect and sign the mailer, then give me the forms to fill out. It looks as if the opening end of the mailer is cut very neatly. Will contact the NCGO and happy for insurance but would rather have the LE coins."

Tin Ear, I received an envelope today from NC, guess what???????????????. The envelope is nicely slit at the end and there are NO, I REPEAT NO, coins in the envelope. Little funny that this has happened twice to the NC coins.

If anyone else has received a NC envelope with nothing inside please contact me.

"Yesterday I got notice of a delivery from NCGO, but no one here to sign for it. Went down to the PO to collect an empty bag!

The lady behind the counter was kind enough to inspect and sign the mailer, then give me the forms to fill out. It looks as if the opening end of the mailer is cut very neatly. Will contact the NCGO and happy for insurance but would rather have the LE coins."

Tin Ear, I received an envelope today from NC, guess what???????????????. The envelope is nicely slit at the end and there are NO, I REPEAT NO, coins in the envelope. Little funny that this has happened twice to the NC coins.

If anyone else has received a NC envelope with nothing inside please contact me.

Were the NC coins in a regular envelope or a bubble mailer? Just asking, because when they send the regular envelopes through the sorter, it can cause the coins to force their way through the end of the envelope.

Yes my bubble mailer was in the same condition. It looks like it has been cut on the end.

Tin Ear, I received an envelope today from NC, guess what???????????????.  The envelope is nicely slit at the end and there are NO, I REPEAT NO, coins in the envelope.  Little funny that this has happened twice to the NC coins. 

Yes my bubble mailer was in the same condition. It looks like it has been cut on the end.

As I posted last Thursday (maybe on another thread) mine came the same way. I'm still trying to get into the Post Office to file the claim on my insurance (glad I had that) but as you said the worst part is not having the coins.

I recieved an envelope the very next day from GOWT with similar looking envelope. May be that someone is taking the coins but I think the vinyl envelopes cut through the bubble wrap envelopes when handled roughly or sped through the postal machines.

Jeff / drexotic

My mailman has been good to me the last few days !! :unsure:

2 Canine Cachers 2nd. edition

2 North Carolina

3 Maine

1 New York

1 Kitsap County

2 Delaware one to be placed in an area cache to travel

1 Delaware LE

1 Quebec Beer from a trade

1 MIGO from a trade

1 Ohio from a trade

1 UK mailed out for a trade made

Thanks to all that made trades with me!! Its like X-mas a week early for me :rolleyes:

So it was the packaging and I am out $27.00? Makes for a rotten day.

If you have insurance Ladebear doesn't that cover your losses? Won't you either get your coins replace or money back??

My personal NC order was slit at the end too..the end where you seal them and there is not much padding. However, I was lucky and my 3 coins were in it...and I was counting my lucky stars because I know how easily they could have come out. They were in the envelope loosely and I think that's why it happened. Too much room to move about. The ICE coin group order was packaged much better and no problems there. I think they were in a box.

On a good note I got these in the past two days:

SeabeckTribe

Team Airik

2Dolphins

AtlantaGal 2006

TreePlanter & Nickles!!

Columbia Gold

Oklamhoma Native America

and I love them all

:rolleyes:

Wow, hard to believe that there are that many packages that have opened. No, I did not have insurance as I didn't believe it was necessary. It sounds like this is more about the packaging if people received their envelopes opened and coins inside. So the Post Office and cachers without insurance will be out money. My plan was to contact the inspection service (I have two Postmasters in the family so I was informed about the steps that needed to be taken), however, if this is due to packaging than the PO will not reimburse me.

I received my New Mexico coin from a trade with a cacher in Germany. I was curious as to how far it travelled before I even activated it. I'm not sure where it was manufactured, or where they were sent to be distributed though. I'm betting it's been round' the world already. Just curious. :rolleyes::unsure:

I received my New Mexico coin from a trade with a cacher in Germany. I was curious as to how far it travelled before I even activated it. I'm not sure where it was manufactured, or where they were sent to be distributed though. I'm betting it's been round' the world already. Just curious. :rolleyes::D

I had a similar experience with a trade from a fellow in Germany. It was a RCGDS-NUTS coin that presumably traveled to Germany from California then back to Washington state and in turn traveled to Texas. Quite a journey for one coin. :unsure: