No City On 60cs?

Delaypat

Hey all, I was trying to go to Cameron park, ca today and the 60cs wasnt showing cameron park in the address input menu. It would show it on the city page though....I have a 60cs ver4.00 with city select 6....Any thoughts?!?!?!? Thanks!

Delay

Edited by Delaypat
Hey all, I was trying to go to Cameron park, ca today and the 60cs wasnt showing cameron park in the address input menu. It would show it on the city page though....I have a 60cs ver4.00 with city select 6....Any thoughts?!?!?!? Thanks!

Delay

I also have City Select 6 (and a 60C if that matters) and just did a Find within CS on the desktop for your Cameron Park, CA. It shows your town at N 38° 40.336, W 120° 58.739, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Being on the East coast I can't field check it out.

Delay

I can find it in City Select v6 and v7 in mapsource...I would sugest you check your loaded maps in the 60CS and make sure there is a map section titled "Cameron Park", that is the particular name of the map section that Cameron Park is located in. It's pretty easy when you are zipping around selecting map sections to inadvertently miss one of them.

If I recall correctly, when typing in an address, you enter the street name and number before entering the city name. I see to have had the same problem a while back. It turns out that I mis-spelled the name of the street (imagine that). I suspect that the GPSr is filtering its database by info you enter previously to minimize the number of hits in the city list as you type.

Maybe the street or address you are entering doesnt appear in the database, so the city doesn't show. Try entering a different address.

Delay

I see what you mean Delay. It's the same problem I have had numerous times where a large city has multiple postal names for suburb areas. In your case with Cameron Park I found it on CS-6 on my PC, tried two addresses without city name, and they both came up Shingle Springs as the city even though the map is labelled as Cameron Park.

I suppose digital map-makers have to make a choice of one or the other even though US or Canada Post recognizes either one as being the same place. It's not only Mapsource that this problem occurs.

Cheers, Olar