State Geocoin Review - No Orders Here Please.

2Dolphins

Ok, I have spent about a week on the Delaware coin and have gotten to a point where I would like some feedback. I have been working with MikeOtt and he suggested that I might post the pictures to the forum for some feedback. Please tell me good or bad what you think and what you think we should consider changing.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Please no order requests here. If you are thinking you might like a coin send your request directly to me via email. jefflundstrom@gmail.com

THE FRONT:

A little explanation first: I like the design of the coin where the elements on the coin pierce the rim of the coin. I really like the idea of the state popping off the globe to the rim of the coin. The globe is just an placeholder, I need a better drawing. I added the state bird (Blue Hen) and a modified geocaching logo using the state diamond. The state colors are blue and yellow. Here is what I have so far.

def.jpg

THE BACK:

Ok, for the back I thought about using the theme of the First State to build the back. But I thought that since Delaware is steep in history that I would tie geocaching in by adding in geocaching history as well. I like the 1st piercing the rim as well to tie back to the front. I added a bunch of goecaching firsts, but am not really sure about the look of the back of the coin with mostly just writing. The state insect is the ladybug and the state bird is included as well. I really like the “DelaWhere?” Play on words as I think it lends itself well to geocaching, I do not consider it derogatory term for the state at all. I also include the other popular saying about Delaware “Small Wonder.” Here is what I have so far.

deb.jpg

If you have a suggestion, good or bad feelings about the coin, please post them here.

Again, please no orders here. If you are thinking you would like a coin please send email directly to me.

Thanks again,

2Dolphins!

If you are asking for opinions, I think the Peach Blossom or the American Holly would look very nice instead of the Blue Hen. Also, will your state flag really stand out when it is placed on the actual size of the coin? What about increasing the size of the state seal and remove some of the firsts because are they really that unique?

front:

I like the state outline and track , the fuzzy globe in the background is also ok.

Not sure I understand the blue chicken... yea I read 'blue hen' is the state bird. But is the blue hen a breed or is actually supposed to be a hen, because that long tail feathers and tall comb make me think its a rooster. Then I went and checked ask.com and said something about some men in the Revolutionary War taking fighting birds with them, if thats what this is don't you need to add a big dew claw??

back:

ok, nice flag, bug, bird, funny phrases. Not sure I get the firsts thing.. some are general geocaching things that happened far far away, and others are local state firsts (right?). kinda confusing.

I like the front, but not the globe in the background, I thought it was clouds. For the back I like the "small wonder" and "delaWhere?" but the rest of the text would make a really good 2006 USA geocoin.

For the back maybe a collage of somethings the state is known for.. Or just the flag but bigger... Or the hollytree/peach blossom/lady bug. You already have the hen on the front, don't really need it twice.

Geez, kealia was right it is ugly!!! <_<

Looks like that chicken is thinking about eating the Booger on the bottom of the map. YUCK!

Now really,

I like the map, colors and placement of stuff on the front.

On the back, I think there is too much info

It's a "Delaware" State coin right ?

not to sure where some of that fits in .

But I do like the Idea of 1st Delaware state Geocoin, 1st Delaware Geocache,

1st Delaware....ect

Then again I have'nt been to Delaware, So Ill SHUT UP now :o

Don't care for the artwork too much (and remember folks, it's a blue Hen, not a blue Chicken....those of us who grew up nearby know them's fightin' words).

Like the concept of the First State references, but agree with a previous poster that the firsts should reflect Delaware only.

Don't like the DelaWhere? thing, sounds like you're 'dissing the state (which I always liked a lot, growing up just a few minutes over the border in PA)