Bellingham Cache Machine

Half-Canadian

I've just posted some info to the cache page for anyone who is working on the Washington DeLorme Challenge. The dreaded page 107 can be completed by a quick visit to Point Roberts, about 35 minutes beyond the border crossing at Blaine, for those that are interested.

Check the cache page for more details on border crossing :( requirements and available caches at the Point.

Hello All-

After reading about the Bellingham CM my son and I have decided that this sounds like an adventure that we can't miss out on. Not to mention that the starting point is about .8 miles from our house!

This will be our first CM and we're pretty clueless but we're always good for comic relief andwe'll make everyone else look really good. My son is 8 y.o. and pretty game. I however, am an old Mom and may slow him down some.

Onward,

Tracy Face and Brendan Too!

Edited by Tracy Face & Brendan Too!
Hey, the bookmark list says that it is preliminary, and it was posted on the 11th.  Has that changed at all since the 11th?

The bookmark list and the PDF cache machine route will be updated with a final version on Sunday or Monday -- I've got one disabled cache to remove and a few new ones to add.

Ok, I won't print it out until then.

I've done about 8 of them already. :laughing:

I'm hoping that my husband and I can come!!! ;)

Hey all, KidAce and I are hoping to find someone to carpool up with to this event next weekend, and are willing to pay our share of gas money, etc. We need a ride from Renton, WA, but can travel a bit to get dropped off before the event as long as we can get dropped off at home after the event.

Please use the Team Jac'd page from GC.com (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=f79a7f2e-cb4c-4a68-af61-9561119769db) to get in touch with us.

cheers,

Poppa J and KidAce from Team Jac'd

I've had an unknown sickness for almost a year now. Sometimes I feel worse, sometimes I feel better. It has made me not want to plan for the future. But I was very excited about the thought of going on this cache machine, so I've told everyone that I would be going.

Of course, now that I have committed, I've gone downhill very badly in the last few days. Fall-out from the busy holidays, I guess.

Anyways, I'm bummed, because I have a fear that I won't feel well enough to go on this machine. Please pray for me and send good thoughts my way, cause I really want to go. B):lol:

Thanks.

Edited by Ambrosia
Anyways, I'm bummed, because I have a fear that I won't feel well enough to go on this machine.  Please pray for me and send good thoughts my way, cause I really want to go.  :(  :ph34r:

Bummer, Ambrosia! :P I'm praying for you - get lots of rest so you can save your energy for the CM.

Thanks. ;)

Anyways, I'm bummed, because I have a fear that I won't feel well enough to go on this machine.  Please pray for me and send good thoughts my way, cause I really want to go.  :D  :D

Bummer, Ambrosia! :D I'm praying for you - get lots of rest so you can save your energy for the CM.

Thanks. :D

You have almost a week to rest up and prepare for this Ambrosia. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you, however you need to think positively that you will be attending.

Anyways, I'm bummed, because I have a fear that I won't feel well enough to go on this machine.  Please pray for me and send good thoughts my way, cause I really want to go.  :lol:  :lol:

Bummer, Ambrosia! :) I'm praying for you - get lots of rest so you can save your energy for the CM.

Thanks. :)

You have almost a week to rest up and prepare for this Ambrosia. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you, however you need to think positively that you will be attending.

I'm trying! :lol:

Are we doing a Pre-CM thing on Friday like in the past? If so when and where?

Weeellllll! If you were to actually read the cache page you'd find this:

"Is anything going on before, during, or after?

- There will be a pre-CM dinner at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, January 6, at El Cazador Mexican Grill & Cantina, N48° 47.400 W122° 29.066, 190 E. Bakerview (one block east of Meridian, driveway entrance on east side of building). Menu offerings include all the usual tasty Mexican fare, along with some specialty items. Menu prices for most items around $10.00, full bar available."

;)

I was going to change "Bellingham Boat Launch" and make it a little easier, then realized part of the fun is hanging your friend off the dock to get wet. So I decided to leave it. And Laurie already posted the cache so I don't want to make waves...get it! (Bellingham Boat Launch, boat, waves, I don't want to make waves...? Hello is the mike on? tap, tap.)

Edited by Silly Look
Are we doing a Pre-CM thing on Friday like in the past?  If so when and where?

Weeellllll! If you were to actually read the cache page you'd find this:

"Is anything going on before, during, or after?

- There will be a pre-CM dinner at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, January 6, at El Cazador Mexican Grill & Cantina, N48° 47.400 W122° 29.066, 190 E. Bakerview (one block east of Meridian, driveway entrance on east side of building). Menu offerings include all the usual tasty Mexican fare, along with some specialty items. Menu prices for most items around $10.00, full bar available."

:)

Read the Cache Page? Wouldn't that be considered cheating? :rolleyes:

I must not have been awake enough this morning when I looked for that info... I swear I looked and didn't see it.

See you all there... I might be a bit late for the Friday dinner. I don't get to leave Everett until around 6pm and I will need to check into my hotel before heading over to dinner.

I was going to change "Bellingham Boat Launch" and make it a little easier, then realized part of the fun is hanging your friend off the dock to get wet.  So I decided to leave it.

Are you ready, Andrew? :rolleyes:;):)

Don't make me bring a stick Cathy :yikes:

Hmm those hip waders the company lets me borrow are lookin mighty helpfull.

I was going to change "Bellingham Boat Launch" and make it a little easier, then realized part of the fun is hanging your friend off the dock to get wet.  So I decided to leave it.

Are you ready, Andrew? :rolleyes::):)

Don't make me bring a stick Cathy ;)

Would they fit Cathy? :yikes: I'll have the camera ready.

Are you ready, Andrew? :):D;)

Don't make me bring a stick Cathy :D

Would they fit Cathy? :) I'll have the camera ready.

I was just thinking you should bring your DrySuit, RD... :yikes::rolleyes:

Are you ready, Andrew? ;):D:)

Don't make me bring a stick Cathy :rolleyes:

Would they fit Cathy? :yikes: I'll have the camera ready.

I was just thinking you should bring your DrySuit, RD... :):D

I would but I think the darn thing shrunk. You know all that exposure to salt water and drying in the sun.

I'm excited about geocaching on the wet side this weekend. I see the weatherman is predicting rain, so being from the dry side, I'd like to know how the wetsiders prepare:

Do you use an umbrella?

Do you use a rain coat and hat, or a poncho?

Do you just forget about the rain gear and just get all wet?

Do you rub on any rain repellant? Like Rain-X? :laughing:

RD...darned if the same thing didn't happen to my wetsuit...you would think they would make them better... :unsure:

--

Nav...The Rain-X would get my vote...yeah, that's it... :laughing:

Nothing or Coat and hat for the light stuff, Unbrella for the heaver stuff (although this comes in handy for keeping logs dry as well).

Edited by Allanon
I'm excited about geocaching on the wet side this weekend. I see the weatherman is predicting rain, so being from the dry side, I'd like to know how the wetsiders prepare

I wear a waterproof jacket and use a rain hat because it doesn't restrict my peripheral vision. Gore-tex boots. Underneath, no cotton if at all possible. Cotton soaks up water and the result makes you uncomfortable at best, miserable and at risk for hypothermia at worst. At this point I've accumulated enough water resistant/proof clothing from REI that I can cache quite comfortably all day in the rain, and I just layer it on according to how cold it is.

I'm excited about geocaching on the wet side this weekend. I see the weatherman is predicting rain, so being from the dry side, I'd like to know how the wetsiders prepare:

Do you use an umbrella?

Do you use a rain coat and hat, or a poncho?

Do you just forget about the rain gear and just get all wet?

Do you rub on any rain repellant? Like Rain-X? :laughing:

What's an umbrella?

I have a Stearns rain coat, and semi-waterproof hiking boots. And I bring a dry set of clothes to change in to.

I have a real nice pair of waterproof boots but can't drive in them, and while running a cache machine taking the time to change in & out of boots would seriously cramp my style.

Well even though Mr. WD and I were there the end of September we are still planning on attending. We have found there are probably enough new caches to keep us busy.

Plus, we are anxious to see all of you, at least at dinnertime.

Now, if I can just shake this sore throat/cold thing I have had for two days. :blink: Maybe Pandora can pray for me too! I hope Ambrosia is feeling better!

Looking forward to seeing everybody! Especially you Pepper!

Edited by Wienerdog

Been recovering from a bad cold , but Inmywoods and I'll be heading up north. I think we're going to take it easy and head out whenever we get up. Looks like my milestone cache will be on that day. Had been planning on hitting a real hike with snowshoes, but health is more important. We will be travelling in a white Subaru.

Edited by evergreenhiker!
Been recovering from a bad cold , but Inmywoods and I'll be heading up north. I think we're going to take it easy and head out whenever we get up. Looks like my milestone cache will be on that day. Had been planning on hitting a real hike with snowshoes, but health is more important. We will be travelling in a white Subaru.

MR and I will be looking forward to seeing you both! So glad you plan on attending. We might not see you until dinnertime but hopefully we can get a seat closeby! :blink:

You missed the good weather EGH. Hope you at least got some caching in before the skies let loose with a downpour.

Yep, we got hit wiht a ton of water last half of the day. Called it a day after pda died out sometime after 6 pm. LUcky if we got 10 today, but we did run into Pepper and gang! Only cachers we saw all day. Anyhow, we're only an hour or so south so we'll be back up here when it's nicer and the days longer.