Preview The Georgia 2006 Geocoins

Thorny1

We're proud to announce the preview of the new Georgia 2006 Geocoins. This is a preview only of our artist's rendition.

There are two coins for 2006.

The first coin is the second in our series highlighting areas of Georgia. This year we are highlighting Stone Mountain. This coin will be made of antique brass, 1 1/2", numbered and trackable on gc.com with the peach icon. There will only be 1000 of these coins minted.

The second 2006 coin is a limited edition highlighting the Georgia Peach. This coin will be made of antique brass, 1 3/4", numbered and trackable on gc.com with the peach icon. There will only be 200 of these coins minted.

Prices and details are on the preview pages. Preview the 2006 Stone Mountain coin here and the 2006 Limited Edition Peach coin here. Estimated delivery of these coins to you is the middle of December.

Please do not post any preorders here. We will start taking orders and receiving payments @ 12:00 pm, Sunday, October 23, 2005.

Thanks!

Thorny1, GA Cacher, Team Pez, Tram, Team Happyspider

Edited by Thorny1

So you're going to do a limited edition coin at 9 AM (West Coast time) on a Sunday ??? I don't know about other people but I'd rather be caching...

We have a day of caching and then an afternoon picnic event planned for that day...

So I guess I'll just have to miss this one...too bad... It looks like a nice coin.

Is this where I place my order for five limited edition coins?

<_<

Great job to the Georgia cachers for a very nice coin.

Hope to see you guys at GW4.

This is a very good question. Will order be placed where the preview is being held or will it be here in the forums? I need to know where to make a mad dash to Sunday morning? I hope for the sake of your server it is here, MIGO attempted holding the sale on there forums and there web site crashed.

I like the design of both Georgia geocoins.

Is there any particular reason why these coins go on sale at Noon on a Sunday when most geocachers and their families have the opportunity to be outdoors geocaching rather than sitting behind a computer?

Just wondering.....

Well we had to make a decision as when to start to sell the coin. Do we do 9 AM EST so then CA must get up at 6AM to buy, not good. OK 6PM EST it's really not dark in the east yet so cachers might still be out and it is 3PM in CA well they will be caching for sure! Oh and the world series will be on and someone in Houston or Chicago might be too busy watching the game, or there might be a fotbal game on somewhereso that's not good. SO 11PM ESt to dark to cache only a quarter moon, 8pm CA so they should be back from caching, opps CA could beat Chicago and they might be playing a game. No good. 3pm Est opps Footbal and midday in CA people just leaving church to have a family lunch so no good. Monday mmmm people at work can't get on line... Saturday morning no our Jewish friends are heading to Synagouge not good (all in fun)

So we were finishing our meeting this morning and agreed to have a preview, or tease as JoeFrog called it, for a week so that was about NOON est today and so that was the time chosen.

You see there is not a GOOD time to be fair to all so we gave a weeks notice so anyone who couldn't be at a computer at that time could find someone to buy for them. Or have someone add to their purchase and pay them later.

Thanks for your support and comments.

GA Cacher

Well we had to make a decision as when to start to sell the coin. Do we do 9 AM EST so then CA must get up at 6AM to buy, not good. OK 6PM EST it's really not dark in the east yet so cachers might still be out and it is 3PM in CA well they will be caching for sure! Oh and the world series will be on and someone in Houston  or Chicago might be too busy watching the game, or there might be a fotbal game on somewhereso that's not good.  SO 11PM ESt to dark to cache only a quarter moon, 8pm CA so they should be back from caching, opps CA could beat Chicago and they might be playing a game. No good.  3pm Est opps Footbal and midday in CA people just leaving church to have a family lunch so no good. Monday mmmm people at work can't get on line... Saturday morning no our Jewish friends are heading to Synagouge not good (all in fun)

So we were finishing our meeting this morning and agreed to have a preview, or tease as JoeFrog called it, for a week so that was about NOON est today and so that was the time chosen. 

You see there is not a GOOD time to be fair to all so we gave a weeks notice so anyone who couldn't be at a computer at that time could find someone to buy for them. Or have someone add to their purchase and pay them later.

GA Cacher

So where will we be able to order the coins? The same page as the preview? Or should we watch this forum topic? Or do we have to watch for a new topic? Please help.

So, i have a question about that last part....I'm going to be out of town Sunday, competing in an orienteering event that starts at 9:00 am ..... I would love to designate someone to buy my LE coins for me, but they are limited to two each, so he couldn't buy them for himself and me - unless you have a mechanism so he can specify that he's ordering for 2 people? maybe in the notes for the Paypal purchase? pls advise, thanks.

So, i have a question about that last part....I'm going to be out of town Sunday, competing in an orienteering event that starts at 9:00 am ..... I would love to designate someone to buy my LE coins for me, but they are limited to two each, so he couldn't buy them for himself and me - unless you have a mechanism so he can specify that he's ordering for 2 people? maybe in the notes for the Paypal purchase? pls advise, thanks.

Sure, then Nurse Dave can order 80 of them. After all he will only be getting 2 for each person. <_<

Sure, then Nurse Dave can order 80 of them. After all he will only be getting 2 for each person. <_<

I asked this question to Thorny1 and he said Nurse Dave (or any of the coin groups) counts as 1 person. So the max. he could order is 2 for the entire group. He can order as many of the reg coins as he wants, but not the LE ones.

Please do not post any preorders here. We will start taking orders and receiving payments @ 12:00 pm, Sunday, October 23, 2005.

What GMT? If it's like 3am in Finnish time I think I rather sleep <_<

That would be 12:pm Eastern time US or GMT - 5.

Thanks for your comments and support.

GA Cacher

Well we had to make a decision as when to start to sell the coin. Do we do 9 AM EST so then CA must get up at 6AM to buy, not good. OK 6PM EST it's really not dark in the east yet so cachers might still be out and it is 3PM in CA well they will be caching for sure! Oh and the world series will be on and someone in Houston  or Chicago might be too busy watching the game, or there might be a fotbal game on somewhereso that's not good.  SO 11PM ESt to dark to cache only a quarter moon, 8pm CA so they should be back from caching, opps CA could beat Chicago and they might be playing a game. No good.  3pm Est opps Footbal and midday in CA people just leaving church to have a family lunch so no good. Monday mmmm people at work can't get on line... Saturday morning no our Jewish friends are heading to Synagouge not good (all in fun)

GA Cacher

So where will we be able to order the coins? The same page as the preview? Or should we watch this forum topic? Or do we have to watch for a new topic? Please help.

Is there anyone who can answer the question??? Where do we go to order both coins??? and you say about 12:00, about meaning 5 minutes before or a 1/2 hour before????

Teammaddog -

The link to purchase both coins has not been listed, for obvious reasons. It will be posted around 12:00 noon (EDT), on Sunday October 23.

-TP

(1/5th of the Coin Creator Group!)

Ok, that's what we figured. However, WHERE will it be posted? On the preview page, in this topic, or on a new topic? It would be nice to know where to watch.

This is a very good question. Will order be placed where the preview is being held or will it be here in the forums? I need to know where to make a mad dash to Sunday morning? I hope for the sake of your server it is here, MIGO attempted holding the sale on there forums and there web site crashed.

There is now a F.A.Q. link at the bottom of each preview page. Please contiue to recheck these pages for updates.

Thank you for your support!

GA Cacher

Sure, then Nurse Dave can order 80 of them. After all he will only be getting 2 for each person.  B)

I asked this question to Thorny1 and he said Nurse Dave (or any of the coin groups) counts as 1 person. So the max. he could order is 2 for the entire group. He can order as many of the reg coins as he wants, but not the LE ones.

Thanks, good points, and fair enough. Ah well.....

Just to keep ya'll abreast of changes.

We have added a link on the preview pages to the Order Confirmation Page for each coin.

Once you buy the confirmation will show at that page.

May I suggest that on Sunday at Noon Eastern time, you go to the link to buy the Limited edition coin first as that will sell out very quick

Limited Edition Preview Page

Georgia Stone Mountain Preview Page.

Thanks for your support

GA Cacher

Edited by GA Cacher
Hmmm, I'm finding the links not to be working.

Thanks for posting that. Check the ones in the above post. B)

I was working on the web pages and saved them with a new name B)

I have sent the links to Thorny1 so he came edit his post.

Georgia 2006 Geocoin Stone Mountain Preview Page

Limited Edition 2006 Peach Geocoin Preview Page

Sorry for the eror. B)

Please use the above links and bookmark them

Is there anyone who can answer the question??? Where do we go to order both coins??? and you say about 12:00, about meaning 5 minutes before or a 1/2 hour before????

To order the coins

1) Go to the Preview page

2) Find link at bottom left (near F.A.Q.s link) to goto the Purchasing Page

3) click on the Shopping Cart

4) type in amount and submit.

5) Please put in you Name and mailing address and your Geo Nick to the comment section so we can know who you are

6) Check the Order Confirmation Page

BTW there are F.A.Q.s now.

We put ABOUT 12:00 Noon Eastern Time GMT-5 as my clock and yours might be a minute or 2 different. I will be using an Atomic Clock so it should be right at NOON EST.

Thanks for your question.

GA Cacher

Edited by GA Cacher

hmm.. another limited edition that will sell out instantaneously... I'd love to be here between 11:00-11:15 am, but I have church to go to.

Sadly the more LE coins that come out, the less enthused I get about them. I really don't mean to sound negative on them, but the more collectors that get involved means all the less coins available to get. I'll just look forward to getting one of the regular ones, maybe survey the carnage on Sunday evening :(

Edited by KC0GRN
hmm.. another limited edition that will sell out instantaneously... I'd love to be here between 11:00-11:15 am, but I have church to go to.

Yes I know how you feel about church. So let me ask have you considered options?

My wife and I are going to 8:30 AM service so we are back to the house in time to start the sale.

How about asking a family member, friend or Geo Buddy to place an order for you? There are several people I know that have set this up already.

We tried to plan this sale so that it is as fair as we can to get a wide distribution of the Limited Coin to cachers far and wide. We have received many e-mails requesting special "pre-Sales" for groups. Of course we have limited the sale to 2 coins per transaction, each with a seperate Geo Nick.

Best of luck.

When we started this series of the GA geocin we committed to 5 years of minting. Each year to highlight a different part of GA. We have already kicked around the next coin for 2007 but it is still a work in progress.

We look forward to this weekend

Sadly the more LE coins that come out, the less enthused I get about them.

Amen to that. BUT, this one is a peach. Who can resist a peach coin? That why if someone orders an extra and wants to trade for my coin I'd be happy to do it. I have better things to do at that time, myself (caching!).

So would I be allowed to place an order on behave of Kcogrn and still have my limits and he has his, or will he have to buy my extra from me then I only have one?

Hope that makes since.

Only if you have two separate paypal accounts in two different names. From what I understand, any more than 2 LE coins ordered from the same person/account/geonick will have their money refunded.

Edited by AtlantaGal
From what I understand, any more than 2 LE coins ordered from the same person/account/geonick will have their money refunded.

Maybe everyone who orders more than 2 peach coins should be punished by having them "make" a donation to GGA (or whatever group is paying to make these coins). :lol: That'll teach 'em not to read the ordering page.

Edited by Vargseld? ™
Is this a GGA coin or is it independent of the Association?

Edit - This is post #666 for me. Wheeee!  :lol:

noooooooo .... (with no disrespect to the GGA).

This coin was created by 5 friends - GA Cacher, Thorny1, Team Happyspider, TRAM and myself. All profits from last years coin sales were donated to the GGA to pay for raffle prizes, upkeep on the website etc.

-TP ;)

Edited by Team PEZ
Maybe everyone who orders more than 2 peach coins should be punished by having them "make" a donation to GGA (or whatever group is paying to make these coins). :lol:

This coin was created and paid for by GA Cacher, Thorny1, Team Happyspider, TRAM and myself. The GGA has their own coin.

Edited by Team PEZ
So would I be allowed to place an order on behave of Kcogrn and still have my limits and he has his, or will he have to buy my extra from me then I only have one?

Hope that makes since.

Thanks for the offer (if it was one, heh). I'd say if someone truely was willing to order one on my behalf (I have no need for a second), I would put them on my very short list of people for my personal geocoin (it's not designed/minted yet, but my intentions are to have it completed around the end of the year, it's a one shot deal, 100 coins, probably only half of which will end up out of state) I'd pay for the peach coin and we could work out a simple trade for the personal later.