Dont Let The Louts Spoil Our Fun

JollyJax

Today I enjoyed a lovely walk or two and had it marred by senseless louts ...

Please be careful where you leave your car. I left mine at the start coords of a cache and it was broken into for no good reason. There was nothing taken as there was nothing to take .. I had the same misfortune earlier in the year when I was stupid enough to leave valuables on show.

Bekandian were onsite at this time and very kindly helped me to clean up the mess. They suggested archiving the cache site but I strongly recommend it be left alive.. or are we going to admit defeat, stay in doors and not enjoy this pleasant land ... I am not a happy bunny right now but this is a lovely cache in a lovely spot ... Dont let the louts stop our enjoyment !!

hank you Beckie and Ian once again for your help.

Happy Caching -- JollyJax

You've got my sympathies - it's happened to me three times over the years, though not while caching, but don't let it ruin your day.

It's just a fact of life these days and it's most probable that your life is considerably nicer than theirs - you go caching for a start.

Adrian

EDIT - all three times when I owned a BMW...

Edited by Kitty Hawk

Thank you for your kind words Bob. We also fully support your stance on this unfortunate situation.

We have disabled the cache temporarily, but only so we can rework the parking situation.

Glad you've decided to keep caching as you would be sorely missed.

Once again, our sympathies are with you.

EDIT - all three times when I owned a BMW...

Unfortunately, some people believe BMW stands for Break My Windows!

I've had 2 company cars keyed all down one side in the last 3 years - jealousy. Fortunately, we've moved now.

sorry to hear about your window, but glad to see you're not letting it get you down. We are better people and will rise above it.

I had the same thing happen some months ago. I'd parked at the end of a bridleway that has two traditionals and a stage of a mystery cache along it. I wondered whether my logs mentioning the break-in would put people off, but it doesn't seem to have done, and I'm pleased to see that no other cachers have suffered the same misfortune there since.

Red hot wire under the fingernails, TDW? Yes, I think I'd go along with that! I'd also make them eat the broken glass - every last little sliver of it! ;):blink::blink:

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I was slightly concerned today when I decided to go on from one cache to another, having left my cabriolet with the roof down...

But all was well when I got back to it, and I even did a third cache with it in the same place... And it didn't even rain.

The only "intrusions" were a couple of leaves ;)

Bob Aldridge

Ooo, that's a good idea, they still have some stocks over in Aldbury. I can think of a few choice items I would like to launch at them!! <_<

I would suggest that the items launched should ONLY be items themed for Geocaching.

i.e.

McD toys

Tea lights

CD's

Cards

Rubber Gloves

Cache boxes (full)

Benches

Trees

Piles of Sticks

Logs

etc.

What else can you add?

It's not just us cachers that suffer this fate. Many people that have parked at out of the way beauty spots. and gone off for a walk. return to find their cars have been broken into.

There are groups of people, call them what you like. That tour these areas looking for prey.

Alas, it is the sign of the times.

It's not just us cachers that suffer this fate. Many people that have parked at out of the way beauty spots. and gone off for a walk. return to find their cars have been broken into.

There are groups of people, call them what you like. That tour these areas looking for prey.

Alas, it is the sign of the times.

I totally agree with this, I have lost several hundreds of pounds of caving equipment from a car. It is happening everywhere, but what walkers / cavers / climbers do is advertise the fact in magazines and on the net and look after each other. We are a happy bunch let us do the same

Milton