Question For Reviewers

Stephanie2427

I placed my first traditional cache yesterday. Ran home and eagerly submitted it for approval. Now I have an idea for 2 micros nearby. I don't want people to have to come to this remote area twice to get all three.

Would it be ok to contact my reviewer and ask that he not approve my first cache until I get my other two out? I should have them out by the end of the day.

If so how do I request this? Do I write a reviewer note on the cache page or should I contact him through his email?

Thanks!

Like Nurse Dave suggested, simply disable the cache by going to the cache page and unchecking the "This cache is currently active" box.

For your 2 new micros, are they close enough to the other cache that you would consider making the caches into one nice multi cache? As part of the guidelines suggests, "don't go cache crazy and hide a cache every 600 feet just because you can. If you want to create a series of caches, the reviewer may require you to create a multi-cache, if the waypoints are close together."

While 3 caches fairly close together is nice for number hounds, a well done multi is just as fun to find!

;)

I want to place the micros about two miles apart. One on each end of a fun windy road. That way they won't just be a park and grab. They'll have to actually drive the road if they want both of them. My regular cache is about 5 miles from them.

Thanks for the disable advice. I might do that if it does get approved before the others.

. . . you can also just disable it until they are all ready.

Isn't this harder to do with the new instant notification system? Seems like people who get the instant notice are likely to go immediately to the cache page and rush out for a FTF.

Edited by Thot

I think that Nurse Dave's/ Quiggle's point may not have been fully appreciated. You should disable the first cache BEFORE it is published, because this takes it out of the review queue so that the reviewer doesn't see it. Then go hide the other two caches (which sound very appropriately spaced, thank you very much). When the pages for the two additional caches are written up, *then* you enable the first cache, so that the reviewer sees all three at the same time.

So, no early publication, no "new cache" notifications until all three are ready.

I would suggest a short message in the first cache page that a couple more are going to be placed in the area very soon. That way cachers can decide to find it or wait for the others to be listed, you don't have to ask favors of the approver, and you won't have another cacher ruin your hide by placing one nearby before your approver gets a chance to see your cache.

I would suggest a short message in the first cache page that a couple more are going to be placed in the area very soon. That way cachers can decide to find it or wait for the others to be listed, you don't have to ask favors of the approver, and you won't have another cacher ruin your hide by placing one nearby before your approver gets a chance to see your cache.

If your coordinates are entered, yet the cache is disabled, the reviewer will be able to see that your cache is there when doing a proximity/saturation check. It just won't show up in the queue to be reviewed (which is why it says that the reviewers will not see it until the box is checked).

If your disabled (and unlisted) cache looks like it is in the process of being worked on, it can be given precedent over another newly placed cache (assuming it was placed after yours). If the cache page is several weeks or months old, then in that situation it would likely not get a hold on that area. The situation varies for which caches gets first dibs, so your reviewer can work it out with you should the need arise.