Too Many Icons

ChileHead

As each state is adding it's own icon for coins, when do we say it's too many to have at our top level stats page? I might rather see a single geocoin entry (or even a single TB entry), and clicking it will bring up the detailed stats.

I'll but that on my list of things to worry about. Right between "Too Many Caches" and "Too Many Micros". After all, we each have direct control over how many icons appear on our stats page. I'd just as soon see 50 States (and Puerto Rico, Guam and the VI) on mine.

The fix for the icons (at events etc.) is coming very soon, per Jeremy. There wil be a stacked coins icon or something in those cases.

I'd rather see all geocoins, with the exception of Moun10Bike coins, under the same generic icon as well. They do overwhelm the page.

That said, my guess is that they are additional incentive when selling geocaching.com-based tracking and that generates money, so I expect they'll stay. :o

Do they plan on implementing something similar to the personal stats page as well?

They better start writing a few $150 refund checks if they do. I'd like to see something done with the personal stats, but nothing that will totally remove the icons.

Besides, the personal stats page scrolls vertically, not horizontally.

Do they plan on implementing something similar to the personal stats page as well?

They better start writing a few $150 refund checks if they do. I'd like to see something done with the personal stats, but nothing that will totally remove the icons.

Who said anything about removing?

theres just too much on the pages they need to reorangize them.

What's the big deal if someone has a hundred geoCoin icons on their page? It's their stat page. If you don't like the coin icons, don't log them and then they won't be on your page. Why all the hoopla?

GC.com has fixed the way the cache search page shows them, and it is a great fix. The stats page look great and so do all the icons. Let the people who want all the icons collect away.

Edited by 501_Gang
What's the big deal if someone has a hundred geoCoin icons on their page? It's their stat page. If you don't like the coin icons, don't log them and then they won't be on your page. Why all the hoopla?

GC.com has fixed the way the cache search page shows them, and it is a great fix. The stats page look great and so do all the icons. Let the people who want all the icons collect away.

I have a lot of icons and will continue to collect them. I think my stats page is too long and needs a sub-page.

I don't think the issue is stoping people from collecting icons, but arranging how the icons are displayed so someones stats page isn't 3 pages long. I think Jeremys already said they'll be moving some things into 'sub-page' arranagments at some point.