Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
ChileHead

Too Many Icons

As each state is adding it's own icon for coins, when do we say it's too many to have at our top level stats page? I might rather see a single geocoin entry (or even a single TB entry), and clicking it will bring up the detailed stats.

I've often thought the same thing. Seems there are more coins for Icons than for Caches . . . and Caches are the reason behind GeoCACHing (not GeoCOINing).

As each state is adding it's own icon for coins, when do we say it's too many to have at our top level stats page? I might rather see a single geocoin entry (or even a single TB entry), and clicking it will bring up the detailed stats.

I'll but that on my list of things to worry about. Right between "Too Many Caches" and "Too Many Micros". After all, we each have direct control over how many icons appear on our stats page. I'd just as soon see 50 States (and Puerto Rico, Guam and the VI) on mine.

I can't wait to see pages start to scroll horizontally... There was a large event I atteneded today and it was almost to that point, and I even have a large monitor.

I can't wait to see pages start to scroll horizontally... There was a large event I atteneded today and it was almost to that point, and I even have a large monitor.

I have already seen that. This is a screen shot that I reduced to fit better here. This was taken at full screen 1024 x 768 resolution.

lotsoficons2.jpg

The fix for the icons (at events etc.) is coming very soon, per Jeremy. There wil be a stacked coins icon or something in those cases.

I'd rather see all geocoins, with the exception of Moun10Bike coins, under the same generic icon as well. They do overwhelm the page.

That said, my guess is that they are additional incentive when selling geocaching.com-based tracking and that generates money, so I expect they'll stay. :o

This is a screen shot that I reduced to fit better here. This was taken at full screen 1024 x 768 resolution.

Are there any icons missing?

Are there any icons missing?

I think there should be a special icon that show caches found in a war/combat zone. A desert/ACU patern colored Icon of some sort.

The fix for the icons (at events etc.) is coming very soon, per Jeremy. There wil be a stacked coins icon or something in those cases.

Yep, read it here, and here.

We for one enjoy seeing all the different Icons on our stats page. We hope GC.com keeps them.

I'm sure they will.. people actually have to pay for icons.. good business to gc.com

Yep, read it here, and here.

Here is the new icon for multiple coins in a cache:

coins.gif

When you mouse over it, it lists all the coins that are in the "pile."

print_screen.JPG

The days of horizontal scrolling are over... for now...

Edited by FlyinV

I moused over it, nothing happened.

I moused over it, nothing happened.

When you mouse over the one on a cache search page. :D

Now we need Icons for each cacher we meet.  Mini Avitars on the stats page.  :D

Cache Events would get even more popular.

:D

"...aaaan den??"

"no more and then!"

snip

The days of horizontal scrolling are over... for now...

That's awesome! Now when I'm hungry I can just look for the nearest cache with pancakes in it. :D Actually I'm glad to see that feature has been implemented. It was really starting to get crazy.

That's awesome! Now when I'm hungry I can just look for the nearest cache with pancakes in it. :D

:D *rotfloao* We thought the same thing!

Can we add a date the pancakes were added to the cache? Maybe hovering over the pancakes could show when they were dropped, and whether syrup was placed with it. I don't like stale pancakes, and I wouldn't bother finding them unless there is pure maple syrup to go with it.

Do they plan on implementing something similar to the personal stats page as well?

They better start writing a few $150 refund checks if they do. I'd like to see something done with the personal stats, but nothing that will totally remove the icons.

Do they plan on implementing something similar to the personal stats page as well?

They better start writing a few $150 refund checks if they do. I'd like to see something done with the personal stats, but nothing that will totally remove the icons.

Besides, the personal stats page scrolls vertically, not horizontally.

Who said anything about removing?

theres just too much on the pages they need to reorangize them.

Something more along the lines of a separate tab for travelers.

What's the big deal if someone has a hundred geoCoin icons on their page? It's their stat page. If you don't like the coin icons, don't log them and then they won't be on your page. Why all the hoopla?

GC.com has fixed the way the cache search page shows them, and it is a great fix. The stats page look great and so do all the icons. Let the people who want all the icons collect away.

Edited by 501_Gang

What's the big deal if someone has a hundred geoCoin icons on their page? It's their stat page. If you don't like the coin icons, don't log them and then they won't be on your page. Why all the hoopla?

GC.com has fixed the way the cache search page shows them, and it is a great fix. The stats page look great and so do all the icons. Let the people who want all the icons collect away.

I have a lot of icons and will continue to collect them. I think my stats page is too long and needs a sub-page.

I don't think the issue is stoping people from collecting icons, but arranging how the icons are displayed so someones stats page isn't 3 pages long. I think Jeremys already said they'll be moving some things into 'sub-page' arranagments at some point.